Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM   #11421
:-D
hi

ten idiots fighting and verbally abusing one another

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaholic97
Thanks! I wish everyone on Ultimate Guitar could be more like you!
:-D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM   #11422
Victory2134
UG's Pedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmckeevt
Can someone explain LoL to me?

take the map, pick an objective, then run in circles around it.

That's what they call 'rotations' in gold 1.

If you want to league then you should add us and we'll league with you
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
>vic
Victory2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:00 AM   #11423
byob_soad2
Happy birthday

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignite
It'd be awesome if everyone sent death threats in the mail to my parents.
Weird, but awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsean
I secretly fart during intercourse. Am I cheating?
byob_soad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:01 AM   #11424
CrossBack7
UG Freak

Quote:

LoL is basically a "team-based" video game that takes place in an arena. Each team has 5 players, each of which controls a champion. There are a wide variety of champions that can be unlocked by playing the game and earning points to purchase them with (or you can use real money, but there's no real need to unless you're simply impatient).

While there are a large variety of champions, there are a number of roles that are usually filled each game. These generally consist of an attack damage carry (adc), ability power carry (apc), a jungler, a support, and a toplaner that can fulfill a variety of roles (tank, assassin, etc). While this is the general "meta" of the game, it's not uncommon to see things that break that meta or shake things up a bit.

The object of the game is to fight the way to your enemies' nexus and destroy it. There are 3 lanes that run through the map, each of them with 3 towers that guard the enemy base in it. In order to attack the next tower in the lane, the preceding tower must be destroyed. They are strong, hurt a lot, and usually take more than one person to take down.

An important part of the game are the creeps, which are basically weak minions that continually spawn and travel up the lanes towards your enemies' base, attacking the enemy champions, minions, and buildings. Players "farm" these creeps by getting the last hit on them to kill them, earning the player gold and experience. This gold can be used to purchase items for use by the player, which typically increase stats or provide some other utility.

There are also neutral minions throughout the map, some of which are quite powerful. They only attack when attacked, and the jungler uses these minions to farm. Some of the more powerful neutral minions grant large team-wide gold rewards and buffs when killed.

I'm leaving a lot out, but you're really better off watching a few videos of it to check it out. Or better yet, download it and play with us, as it's free.
Old Today, 12:02 AM   #11425
behind_you
you think this is a game

Quote:
First post of this thread should start you off

We are all friendly people who love you

also ^that is helpful too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichikurosaki
ins i will suck ur ugly ostrich head if you dont shut up
PeTA

hello

behind_you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:06 AM   #11426
Victory2134
UG's Pedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D
however, the reason they say stuff like "clarifying strengths and weaknesses" seems to be to just to have a default, though entirely meaningless, explanation for these changes

I don't agree with that all. The reason they say that kind of stuff is because they're unsure of how hard and where they need to hit the champ. Meaning they intend to either over-buff or over-nerf the champ, and slowly scale back some of the changes while maintaining the champion kit identity.

When have we heard that phrase in the past? Gragas, Skarner, Zed, Rengar, Annie, etc etc. All champs riot has had a really hard time fixing for the majority of their time in the league. I've got five on us hearing that over and over again when sion rework comes around.
Quote:
>vic
Old Today, 12:11 AM   #11427
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory2134
I don't agree with that all. The reason they say that kind of stuff is because they're unsure of how hard and where they need to hit the champ. Meaning they intend to either over-buff or over-nerf the champ, and slowly scale back some of the changes while maintaining the champion kit identity.

When have we heard that phrase in the past? Gragas, Skarner, Zed, Rengar, Annie, etc etc. All champs riot has had a really hard time fixing for the majority of their time in the league. I've got five on us hearing that over and over again when sion rework comes around.

yeah, exactly - they use it each time because it's a catch-all phrase that doesn't actually mean anything. i still don't think the over-nerfing/over-buffing process is the right way to go in cases like this, but i'm not a game designer so maybe i'm missing something. with something like lucian, there were very small changes they could have employed to have him retain his original identity (which was fine) without creating this complete abomination

people tend to overreact when changes hit anyway. when something's nerfed it gets abandoned for a while, and when it's buffed everyone plays it. small changes are good changes. massive changes without being actual reworks are not.

when you say "we're redefining and clarifying his strengths" and then expand his set of strengths to include virtually everything, i have a hard time taking that phrase seriously

Quote:
Old Today, 12:18 AM   #11428
Victory2134
UG's Pedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D
yeah, exactly - they use it each time because it's a catch-all phrase that doesn't actually mean anything. i still don't think the over-nerfing/over-buffing process is the right way to go in cases like this, but i'm not a game designer so maybe i'm missing something. with something like lucian, there were very small changes they could have employed to have him retain his original identity (which was fine) without creating this complete abomination

people tend to overreact when changes hit anyway. when something's nerfed it gets abandoned for a while, and when it's buffed everyone plays it. small changes are good changes. massive changes without being actual reworks are not.

when you say "we're redefining and clarifying his strengths" and then expand his set of strengths to include virtually everything, i have a hard time taking that phrase seriously

With Lucian specifically, I think Riot wants to instill a high risk high reward highly mechanical playstyle in a lucian pick. This overbuffing phase is completely thought out and they want you to play him. They want you to play him and love him and keep playing him when they nerf every single damage ability he has by something ridiculous. But before that happens they need you to start playing him a certain way.

The Riot I know is calculative, not dense. I still think it's stupid and un-enjoyable as a player to have to deal with their whims. and lately they've started overloading kits and that's just shitty if you're not playing that champ.
Quote:
>vic
Old Today, 01:06 AM   #11429
R. Shackleford.
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by byob_soad2

How do you go 0-103-0 and still win. He had no kill participation at all which means he didnt even taunt anyone or attack anyone in any way.

Flippin Tables
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
R. Shackleford. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:34 AM   #11430
hi

being calculative is fine, but there's some definite miscalculation here. also i think this is a great example of "it's just shitty if you're not playing that champ" - this is fine for people who play lucian but it's extremely annoying for the rest of us while he goes through this phase

i'm also not seeing this "high risk" play style when they removed essentially all possible risk from him. the only scenario he's worse in is laning against a caitlyn, and that'd be pretty much it. a 50 range nerf would generally be a huge deal, but when everything else is buffed this much it's really not

Quote:
Old Today, 03:39 AM   #11431
behind_you
you think this is a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichikurosaki
ins i will suck ur ugly ostrich head if you dont shut up
PeTA

hello

behind_you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:23 AM   #11432
Avedas
UG's Half Asian

animation canceling is a beautiful thing. that game was hard as balls tho
Avedas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:26 AM   #11433
R. Shackleford.
The North Remembers

Maybe in top island it was but botlane was ez

Flippin Tables
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
R. Shackleford. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:33 AM   #11434
Avedas
UG's Half Asian

i'm pretty sure the only legitimate reason to play riven is to draw jungle pressure and force 1v2 double kills. too bad i got ****ed early that game
Avedas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:34 AM   #11435
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by behind_you

the final yell before he dies is absolutely hilarious, i was laughing about as hard as aphro

that being said i think he had 20% crit chance cause he rushed shiv and i know someone did that in the lcs but it's so so so so so so so awful

Quote:

Rate This Thread: