Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

Alt rock thing (GP5, C4C, WIP, Updated)

Here's something new felluhs, whatcha think?

Leave a C4C link in comments please.

It is now complete!
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Alt rock thing.gp5 (61.0 KB, 95 views)

E-Married to JGBSmith!

Member of the LGBTQQ group.

Last edited by Guitar0player : 08-27-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Guitar0player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
Craziork

In the beginning I was not prepared for that style and kind of whiny little riff but when the bass kicked in I started to like it. Cool melody on the piano. If you ask me what is the weakest part, i would tell you bar 33 to 40. It would be much better with more variations and response from bass to guitar and maybe adding something on the piano. Overall I liked it all the parts blend easily together.
Craziork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
Drapte

kinda reminds me of this

Old 08-07-2013, 01:45 AM   #4
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziork
In the beginning I was not prepared for that style and kind of whiny little riff but when the bass kicked in I started to like it. Cool melody on the piano. If you ask me what is the weakest part, i would tell you bar 33 to 40. It would be much better with more variations and response from bass to guitar and maybe adding something on the piano. Overall I liked it all the parts blend easily together.

Thank you for the words kind sir! Making my music something you cant expect is exactly what I am striving for.

I myself had some doubts about bars 33-40 but kept it thinking "I'll work it out later". What would you suggest adding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drapte
kinda reminds me of this

Primus are quite the influence on me, infact the whole 90's-early 2000's alternative metal scene are an influence on me.

E-Married to JGBSmith!

Old 08-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #5
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Pretty catchy tbh, reminds me a lot of OSI. Needs a bit more of a melody line though, something similar the electric piano sound you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
Pretty catchy tbh, reminds me a lot of OSI. Needs a bit more of a melody line though, something similar the electric piano sound you have.

OSI? I do not know what that is.

Catchy AND unpredictable? That's too kind my friends.

You see, lately I have been concentrating a bit more on the piano, bass and drums sections than I do on the guitar. I am a guitar player but the bass is the first instrument I notice and perhaps the most important to me.

The Rhodes piano is an instrument which I adore and is the reason I want to learn piano in the first place(I am a fan of Ray Manzarek).

E-Married to JGBSmith!

Old 08-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #7
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

It sounds like Mission Impossible meets electro-rock with some prog thrown in. Sounds good, should develop the idea.

Here's OSI

Quote:
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #8
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
It sounds like Mission Impossible meets electro-rock with some prog thrown in. Sounds good, should develop the idea.

That's so sweet! Thank you!

E-Married to JGBSmith!

Old 08-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #9
tritao

I really liked this. For some reason reminds me a bit of 16-bit era game music (Megadrive). The rhythm section is pretty solid.

You should continue this
tritao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #10
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritao
I really liked this. For some reason reminds me a bit of 16-bit era game music (Megadrive). The rhythm section is pretty solid.

You should continue this

Well, I am sure most tracks composed on Guitar Pro sound like early video game soundtracks.

Thank you!

E-Married to JGBSmith!

Old 08-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #11
t0mm1_

That's some cool stuff you have there. Nice grooves and overall feel. Can't really complain about anything I liked it, keep it up!

My Band! -> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hemis...117093371777724
t0mm1_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #12
Ometh
nobody

groovy and funky, i love this kind of tritone funky thing. i did a similar thing once: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1567317
it was then i started to experiment with other genres more often lol. the rhodes is sick, the next few riffs are heavy and groovy, and the synth bass sounds like a fat distorted bass, pretty cool. the solo on the verse was tasteful as ****. and the solo itself is groovy **** yes it is. the bridge is nuts, i love it
second chorus is cool.
the coda bit was cool as hell and i came with that lost chord rang. i love it, it reminds me of a more rock in rollish song from carcass, the song that named their following death 'n' roll band: black star:
overall pretty cool, nice job. 8/10
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #13
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

Quote:
groovy and funky, i love this kind of tritone funky thing. i did a similar thing once: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1567317
it was then i started to experiment with other genres more often lol. the rhodes is sick, the next few riffs are heavy and groovy, and the synth bass sounds like a fat distorted bass, pretty cool. the solo on the verse was tasteful as ****. and the solo itself is groovy **** yes it is. the bridge is nuts, i love it
second chorus is cool.
the coda bit was cool as hell and i came with that lost chord rang. i love it, it reminds me of a more rock in rollish song from carcass, the song that named their following death 'n' roll band: black star:
overall pretty cool, nice job. 8/10

Wow man, thanks! That's a lot of compliments.

I used the two layers of bass to create a distorted bass sound without losing the bottom of the clean bass, so I guess that worked.

Thank you man, seriously, that's way too nice of you to say such thing.

E-Married to JGBSmith!

Rate This Thread: