Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 12-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #1941
stratman_13
16 ****IN STRENGTH
 
stratman_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 6, 1, 5, Oh, I forget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieger91


Would most resources on Google regarding Java suffice?

Also, I'm on Ubuntu..how will that work?

you *can* install Java on Unbuntu... there's a couple resources on it online.

also if you actually are planning on homebrewing up one, your best bet is going to be the dudes over at XDA or on the Cyanogenmod forums.

you could probably get some assistance from some of the AOKP/AOSP dudes
__________________
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
stratman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #1942
Amuro Jay
challenging santa
 
Amuro Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ra Cailum
Anyone ordered the nexus 6 and found themselves backordered into oblivion?
Amuro Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:27 PM   #1943
Somekid94
Dingus
 
Somekid94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddOneOut
Do you have lollipop installed on it? There's been quite a few problems with random reboots and screen locks. Also check if you've got any power management apps installed and see if disabling them helps. Finally, I think Instagram is fine and you can leave it but its more likely that its a different app which isn't playing nicely with lollipop, due to the ART runtime. Also check that nothing has been preinstalled that is taking up all of your storage space. Failing that, back up and factory reset. After all, you don't have an SD card that can be playing havoc :P

Yeah, lollipop is installed. I was hoping it wasn't an operating system issue. I'll just have to wait until they update the operating system.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyVengeance
I'm growing to enjoy reading your posts.
Somekid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:37 AM   #1944
AnEvilWalrus
UG's Lone Fern
 
AnEvilWalrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The sunny beaches of Canada
Is there anyone who's super familiar with Samsung phones around this time of night? Need some questions answered
__________________
The truth will cut you down to pieces
184, let's burn it down
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
AnEvilWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:08 AM   #1945
Amuro Jay
challenging santa
 
Amuro Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ra Cailum
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnEvilWalrus
Is there anyone who's super familiar with Samsung phones around this time of night? Need some questions answered

I owned the s3 for two years if that counts
Amuro Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #1946
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
 
OddOneOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Essex, England innit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid94
Yeah, lollipop is installed. I was hoping it wasn't an operating system issue. I'll just have to wait until they update the operating system.

Did you install the OTA update or was it pre-installed? The Nexus 5 should come with KitKat installed from new.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

OddOneOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:00 PM   #1947
Somekid94
Dingus
 
Somekid94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddOneOut
Did you install the OTA update or was it pre-installed? The Nexus 5 should come with KitKat installed from new.

I installed it when the prompted software update came.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyVengeance
I'm growing to enjoy reading your posts.
Somekid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:16 AM   #1948
Krieger91
I Sold The World
 
Krieger91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Right, as I've already mentioned, I managed to sort out the wake ting with a broken button.

The only thing missing is, I can't do screenshots without a power button.

Anyone here know a way to take a screenshot of your phone without a power button? My phone used to have a shortcut in the notification bar, but that disappeared with the first xperia update, and I haven't found it since.

Any help?
__________________
"Does a dog have a buddhist nature?"

"Does a fish have a watertight asshole?"
"...You a very wise"
Krieger91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM   #1949
Amuro Jay
challenging santa
 
Amuro Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ra Cailum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieger91
Right, as I've already mentioned, I managed to sort out the wake ting with a broken button.

The only thing missing is, I can't do screenshots without a power button.

Anyone here know a way to take a screenshot of your phone without a power button? My phone used to have a shortcut in the notification bar, but that disappeared with the first xperia update, and I haven't found it since.

Any help?

there's apps for it, my dad has one on his lg curve because trying to take a snapshot with the rear button configuration is a pain in the butt.
Amuro Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:21 PM   #1950
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
 
OddOneOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Essex, England innit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid94
Yeah, lollipop is installed. I was hoping it wasn't an operating system issue. I'll just have to wait until they update the operating system.

Hmm thats strange. I heard there's an update now for lollipop, maybe that will help.
Also have a look in the battery settings to see if an app is misbehaving and causing a drain. Other than that, don't know what to suggest really.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

OddOneOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:28 PM   #1951
shawnkenneth
UG's Favorite Trollbait
 
shawnkenneth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Dumb people.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.
shawnkenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:42 PM   #1952
big-T
Big Boss
 
big-T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Outer Heaven
Update for Lollipop installing...hope it fixes the battery issues I've been having since updating to 5
__________________
compliments!
big-T is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.