Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #241
bondmorkret

I can see that GP6 is more fully featured and does lots of new things, but I still wish I hadn't upgraded from GP5 as I don't need any of the new features, and now I've got to get used to the new interface
Old 03-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #242
fanapathy
B-Tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by takachan
A lot of people have complaints about the piano, trumpets, and other non guitar instruments. I was just wondering, couldn't you just open the instrument as guitar and then switch the sound to piano or something else, or am I missing something?

Yes indeed, this is no problem. It will have the guitar icon/etc but it doesn't matter. This helps for writing those instruments in TAB rather than needing to know sheet music or using the keyboard thing to score them. I tab everything using Electric Clean then change the soundbanks for it as needed, it will be the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondmorkret
I can see that GP6 is more fully featured and does lots of new things, but I still wish I hadn't upgraded from GP5 as I don't need any of the new features, and now I've got to get used to the new interface

It's really worth getting used to. I felt the same way about GP6 in the beginning as well, there's just a lot you can do with the software that you can't in GP5 + all your stuff will sound a ton better, not that it matters a lot, but it's fine for backing tracks to practice along to or writing basic compositions. Distortion guitar is pretty much the only thing that still sounds quite bad/unrealistic (no matter how you tweak it) and hopefully they'll improve it significantly for GP7
fanapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #243
Dregen
damien wren

GP6 is great. and yeah, the distorted guitars do sound like shit, i can tweak the EQ and compression to make them sound ok, but they sound so... mechanical. sometimes i like it, but a lot of the time i don't. and palm mutes have no heaviness or fullness at all. the cleans and drums are fantastic though, that's pretty much all i write on it anyway. i also like how the changing the dynamics or adding ghost notes actually changes the tone quality of the instruments too, not just the volume. especially useful for getting really realistic drum sounds.

new low-fi shoegazish track, definitely check it out and tell me i'm shit:
www.carcrashmathematics.bandcamp.com

Last edited by Dregen : 03-19-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #244
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblackpoison
I had some problems in GP5 when using RSE, the sound was often delayed and everything sounded awful. No such problem in GP6. You can also adjust the sound settings for each track. I like that.
This can be fixed in GP5.2 (and maybe 5.1, I'm not sure), by adjusting the latency values under Options -> Audio Settings. RSE is pretty bad in any version of Guitar Pro, so these days I'm using the default MIDI sounds anyway.

I will add, that it is possible to export the MIDI in real time to another program. I've done this via Fruity Loops but I've had trouble managing multiple VSTIs.
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #245
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

I'd be all over Guitar Pro 6 if I could just type in my bloody drums.

The Site I Write For / My Soundcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan311
Proving yet again that you consistently have the worst taste on this forum.
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:46 AM   #246
mattman25
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
I'd be all over Guitar Pro 6 if I could just type in my bloody drums.

Thats why i disliked it at first but learning drum notation is actually extremely easy. Just start by downloading a tab and looking at its notation.
mattman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #247
T.A.Z

Just upgraded last night to GP6 after being an avid fan and user of GP5. I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into this new system.
T.A.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #248
Diamondrag
Ibanez93

I've had Guitar Pro 6 for a while. It's a great interface! Only took me a 1 week to get used to the new interface. If anyone needs help let me know

Schecter Damien Elite FR 7 LH
Ibanez Premium RG870QZML
Zoom G2.1u Used as Delay & Reverb
Bugera 333XL Infinium
Ibanez Tone Blaster 412
Diamondrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #249
Djentics

I've been using GP6 and I'm disappointed 'cause it has been complicated... I'm using GP5.2 without RSE... To be honest, RSE sounds shitty on every version...
Old 05-10-2013, 04:25 AM   #250
jamesfarnando
Banned

i still use gp5, what are the upgrades in the new virsion?
jamesfarnando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:03 AM   #251
myronrodrique

it's much much better and more interesting than the older version. Yeah! pokiesslotmachines.com.au

Last edited by myronrodrique : 05-17-2013 at 04:08 PM.
myronrodrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #252
slayer_rule_\m/
Sadness_rules_\m/

Location: Gotta problem then tell me, nuttin long cause I'm straight from LC.
Thinking of giving GP6 another chance. Really hated it compared to GP5 but I think that's just because they feel like different programs to use so I guess I just wasn't used to it. Things like only being able to input drum notation, I think learning how to notate drums is great but the old system was really convenient for me to use.

Any other features that make up for and woo me into getting GP6?
slayer_rule_\m/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:42 AM   #253
577ftg

Thumbs up

I love it. Had guitar pro 4 and bought guitar pro 6 from the USA ( could get it here in Oz ). The kids use it more than me to write their own originals. Would recommend it to anyone who has a child interested in music and playing instruments. It has added another dimension my children's musical development and it also helps good old dad who can't read music all that good turn up the amp and play loud.
577ftg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #254
Fallenoath
Genius Pewds....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesfarnando
i still use gp5, what are the upgrades in the new virsion?

Imo, stick to 5.2.

Atleast Im going to.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute
1999 Ibanez RG470 (MIJ)
Peavey 6505+
Fallenoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #255
Campoozmstnz

I got an email from Guitar-Pro for a deal on 100 soundbanks. Are they worth it, or it's just more of the same?
Campoozmstnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #256
fanapathy
B-Tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campoozmstnz
I got an email from Guitar-Pro for a deal on 100 soundbanks. Are they worth it, or it's just more of the same?

I've heard good things about their custom soundbanks but my view is this. Almost nobody have them, so if you put them in your tabs, others won't be able to enjoy them - and if you wanna build really solid backing tracks for own use, you'll need other software anyway. That's why I don't think they are worth it.

At this point I'd wait for GP7 as it's well under development.
fanapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #257
>REDEEMER<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djentics
I've been using GP6 and I'm disappointed 'cause it has been complicated... I'm using GP5.2 without RSE... To be honest, RSE sounds shitty on every version...

If you think that GP is complicated,you can try another software. I used to use Tux Guitar. It's the same thing,with the most simple interface ever. Btw,it's completely free.
>REDEEMER< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #258
David Portelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by emad
According to Arobas Music's website, Guitar pro 6 was released on April 5, 2010.

More info about the product can be found in this page.

If you have any experience using it, please share

I bought the full version and I am using it.. It's my first time using guitar pro and I'm loving it. Very fast to use also. The interface could be more intuitive in general but it's an amazing tool overall and worth the price tag!

/Dave
David Portelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #259
EricVonKimble

I heard Guitar Pro 6 was good too, Im getting it this week, so excited.
EricVonKimble is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: