progbass
UG Resident

no. too busy playing d2
Old 04-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #18722
severed-metal
Peking Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadhangingOne
Holy shit severed you look like robin williams from one hour photo or something hahahaha

This isn't far off from the comparisons I get on a day to day basis. Lots of "hey you look like a middle aged man" compliments coming my way.

But tell me this, would a middle aged man eat two dozen chocolate chunk cookies in one sitting? Because I did last night. While it doesn't sound like a big deal...on the "where is my life going" scale it really makes a point.

EDIT: Heard Otto Petersen died yesterday. Too many good comics dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Buress
Get yourself together, man. Move to Philly. Buy a loft. Start a noise band. Get six or seven roommates… eat hummus with them. Book some gigs. Paint. Smoke cloves. Listen to Animal Collective. Start some type of salsa company.

Last edited by severed-metal : 04-14-2014 at 05:24 PM.
severed-metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:57 AM   #18723
The Wildchild
YOU ARE BEWITCHED

You may ask what right have I
to take human life this way
Well I'm in control, I make the rules
and I don't need your o.k.
Genocide is my way of life,
it's a fact I will not hide
The Wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:33 PM   #18724
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed-metal
This isn't far off from the comparisons I get on a day to day basis. Lots of "hey you look like a middle aged man" compliments coming my way.

But tell me this, would a middle aged man eat two dozen chocolate chunk cookies in one sitting? Because I did last night. While it doesn't sound like a big deal...on the "where is my life going" scale it really makes a point.

"The meal isn't over when I'm full! The meal is over when I hate myself..."

Quote:
EDIT: Heard Otto Petersen died yesterday. Too many good comics dying.

I take it you're a stand-up aficionado? Same here, never heard of this guy though.
beadhangingOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #18725
severed-metal
Peking Bear

I like stand-up but I don't like a lot of the newer comics. There's a few that I get a kick out of like Jermaine Fowler, or Hannibal Buress, but I can't take many newer comics.

Otto Petersen had been doing dirty, disgusting comedy for 30+ years. He was a legend in his own rights to be the only funny ventriloquist. What I liked about Otto & George was that George (the puppet) would basically serve as his inner monologue on stage. Plus he didn't really give a shit about what he said to who(m?). From what I hear, most of what he said on record wasn't anywhere near to his live shows. So it's eh. You know. It sucks. He was a smart guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wildchild
*Jon is gay*

"Quiet down voices in my head" - Dave Attell

Quote:
Get yourself together, man. Move to Philly. Buy a loft. Start a noise band. Get six or seven roommates… eat hummus with them. Book some gigs. Paint. Smoke cloves. Listen to Animal Collective. Start some type of salsa company.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:31 PM   #18726
progbass
UG Resident

I quite enjoyed Mitch Hedburg, Bill Hicks, and Gervais is solid too. There is another chap who had an excellent stand up act involving eugenics but I can't recall who; his name started with a B.

Oh and Louie is fantastic.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #18727
Stranglehold

Doug Stanhope is the man....like Pryor, Carlin and Hicks rolled into one.

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Stranglehold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:06 PM   #18728
technicolour
Lupercal

I've been enjoying john pinette's stuff lately (RIP in peace). It's weird how the faties die once they start to try and improve themselves. Same thing happened with Patrice O'neal who has the best views on women.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #18729
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?

Quote:
I like stand-up but I don't like a lot of the newer comics. There's a few that I get a kick out of like Jermaine Fowler, or Hannibal Buress, but I can't take many newer comics.

Otto Petersen had been doing dirty, disgusting comedy for 30+ years. He was a legend in his own rights to be the only funny ventriloquist. What I liked about Otto & George was that George (the puppet) would basically serve as his inner monologue on stage. Plus he didn't really give a shit about what he said to who(m?). From what I hear, most of what he said on record wasn't anywhere near to his live shows. So it's eh. You know. It sucks. He was a smart guy.

"Quiet down voices in my head" - Dave Attell

Nice. Have you checked out any of Robert Schimmel's stuff (also RIP)? You might enjoy it. His HBO specials are solid.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #18730
severed-metal
Peking Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by progbass
I quite enjoyed Mitch Hedburg, Bill Hicks, and Gervais is solid too. There is another chap who had an excellent stand up act involving eugenics but I can't recall who; his name started with a B.

Mitch Hedburg had unique timing, Hicks had the content, and Gervais has a funny laugh. All good comics but I definitely prefer Gervais in his shows.

Could be Bill Burr? But I don't think he does anything on eugenics. It would have to be Bill Hicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranglehold
Doug Stanhope is the man....like Pryor, Carlin and Hicks rolled into one.

Yes sir. Although I'd say he's far more rambling and drunk than those guys ever were. Saw him live a while back and he looked destitute, but only in the way that Stanhope could pull off. He looked me in the eyes for a 7 minute bit about Chyna's giant clitoris. I will never forget it as long as I live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technicolour
I've been enjoying john pinette's stuff lately (RIP in peace). It's weird how the faties die once they start to try and improve themselves. Same thing happened with Patrice O'neal who has the best views on women.

Patrice is the person I go to for woman advice, basically anything done on O&A or The Black Philip Show is worth listening to from Patrice. Probably one of the funniest people I've ever heard, starting from his more goofy comedy days all the way until the end where he did his take on women and crowd work. He was vicious and I would say he's in my top five comics of all time.

John Pinette I had a soft spot for since he was the first comic I really got into as a kid. I watched a lot of his stand up in my early days but

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadhangingOne
Nice. Have you checked out any of Robert Schimmel's stuff (also RIP)? You might enjoy it. His HBO specials are solid.

Yeah I've seen his stuff. His last special before he died was my favourite of his. His line after 10:35 is one of the best lines I've ever heard. The old school one liners are something you don't see often. Too many focused on being shitty hipster comics and getting a following on twitter.

Quote:
Old 04-15-2014, 08:12 PM   #18731
technicolour
Lupercal

jay mohr doing a killer louis ck and ricky gervais impression around 8 mins

Old 04-15-2014, 11:28 PM   #18732
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?

Quote:
Mitch Hedburg had unique timing, Hicks had the content, and Gervais has a funny laugh. All good comics but I definitely prefer Gervais in his shows.

Could be Bill Burr? But I don't think he does anything on eugenics. It would have to be Bill Hicks.

Fun fact: Mitch Hedberg was actually really nervous in front of an audience, that's why he had his hair in front of his face and sunglasses on the whole time.

Bill Burr has a bit about how he's super pro-swine flu and only the weak would need to worry. I think it might be the same one where he's like "just get the population down to like 30,000...imagine that, everyone could go to the super bowl!"

Quote:
Yeah I've seen his stuff. His last special before he died was my favourite of his. His line after 10:35 is one of the best lines I've ever heard. The old school one liners are something you don't see often. Too many focused on being shitty hipster comics and getting a following on twitter.

Schimmel was a ****ing god. In a lot of ways, Louis CK is Schimmel 2.0.

I am a sucker for one-liners and Rodney Dangerfield and Groucho Marx are most certainly the gods.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #18733
severed-metal
Peking Bear

Rodney Dangerfield is just about my favourite comic outside of Dave Attell. Like I said, it's rare to see the one liners nowadays and it's a real shame.

I was really bummed when I missed Bill Burr when he came through here about a month or two ago. His tickets sold out within a week or something and I didn't have the capital, booooooo. But eh.

You want to know another fun fact? Gallagher was Carlin-esque before he started smashing watermelons for a living.

I really haven't seen that much Gallagher because his voice irritates me to no end. The content isn't awful though and is definitely reminiscent of Carlin.

Quote:

Last edited by severed-metal : 04-16-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:43 PM   #18734
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

So like 5 minutes ago I got all nostalgic and felt like re-living my Pokemon Gold glory days.

Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:16 AM   #18735
severed-metal
Peking Bear

Has anyone watched the Fargo TV series yet?

I saw the first episode and it was hype as shit. All the actors were great. I don't know any technical specs about cameras, but it all looked good to me. Billy Bob Thornton is an evil man.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2014, 12:36 AM   #18736
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?

Yeah I'm stoked to hell for the next episode. So much happened in the first one, I have no idea how they're gonna resolve any of it.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #18737
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

I've seen the movie but I haven't seen the show yet

Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM   #18738
Stranglehold

Great first episode of Fargo. Pretty faithful to the style of the movie.

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Stranglehold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #18739
Ironic Maiden
Mathematical

I watched part of that kids interview bands thing with Slayer

Tom Araya seemed so sad
Ironic Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:11 AM   #18740
severed-metal
Peking Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytokinesis
I've seen the movie but I haven't seen the show yet

If you liked the movie, you'll probably like the show. There's a very chilling vibe to it, and it's more than just watching a show centered around snowy environments. Billy Bob Thornton plays one of the best/funniest characters I've seen in a while, I mean, he's just this purely evil villain without any remorse and it's exciting. His character reminds me of Colm Feore in Storm of the Century.

Apparently it was filmed near Calgary, which is neat. But they couldn't head north so I could be an accidental extra and gain movie reputation?

Quote:

Rate This Thread: