Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-09-2014, 11:11 PM   #11881
Robbgnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenebrion
well mine hasn't being in the shop like never since I fixed it myself they work for me so I support Bugera and recommend it.

Well your one of the lucky ones.

I have seen the bad more than the good when it comes to bugera working on them. They are shoddy at best

I would never gig with one with out a backup amp
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:53 PM   #11882
Tenebrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
Well your one of the lucky ones.

I have seen the bad more than the good when it comes to bugera working on them. They are shoddy at best

I would never gig with one with out a backup amp

thats pretty harsh .... lol
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Tenebrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #11883
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son

Hardly, that's just honesty. I had a Bugera and I wouldn't have gigged it. They sound good, but they are slapped together as quickly as possible and Behringer doesn't give a **** if they release a bunch of duds on the guitar buying community.

Gear:
Krank Nineteen80
POD HD300
Gibson SG Faded
Fender "Foto-flame" Stratocaster
Ovation Balladeer (12-string)
dementiacaptain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:05 AM   #11884
eoj02
Metal Head

I've had a v55hd fo a couple of months now. Made a 1x12 "the governer" cab for home use. I'm loving the sound. I'm still finding new tones with it. The amp really shines playing single coil stuff.
DIY oak violin
Bugera V55HD
DIY 212 cab
eoj02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #11885
Ticojpunk

Anyone know a source to get knobs that will fit on a V55/V22? I'm looking to get some different color/style knobs for my V55HD. Looks like a D shaft with the flat side toward the pointer. I'm unsure of the proper size though.
Ticojpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:34 PM   #11886
Robbgnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticojpunk
Anyone know a source to get knobs that will fit on a V55/V22? I'm looking to get some different color/style knobs for my V55HD. Looks like a D shaft with the flat side toward the pointer. I'm unsure of the proper size though.

The knobs with a set screw should work just fine
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #11887
toneseeker101

I have to say I really liked the sound of my Bugera 1990.
When it worked!
I actually found myself looking at the new 1960 Infinium model but quickly came back to my senses.
In almost every case with musical equipment (and just about anything else)
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
My 1990 sits broken in my basement while I am cranking out the Marshall JVM410HJS that replaced it.
There is NO COMPARISON in tone & quality.
The Marshall blows it away, which it should for the money, but it also comes with a FIVE year warranty.
If one must buy a Chinese amp, then buy a Jet City, they are MUCH higher quality than Bugera.
I own the JCA50H. It sounds great & is very reliable. (I use it as a back-up to the JVM)
Again I'm not bashing the Bugera tone - they sound really, really good but the quality is still lacking - even the new Infinium Series.
It is worth waiting and saving up money to get a high quality U.S., U.K. or German made amp.
toneseeker101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:54 PM   #11888
Tenebrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneseeker101
I have to say I really liked the sound of my Bugera 1990.
When it worked!
I actually found myself looking at the new 1960 Infinium model but quickly came back to my senses.
In almost every case with musical equipment (and just about anything else)
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
My 1990 sits broken in my basement while I am cranking out the Marshall JVM410HJS that replaced it.
There is NO COMPARISON in tone & quality.
The Marshall blows it away, which it should for the money, but it also comes with a FIVE year warranty.
If one must buy a Chinese amp, then buy a Jet City, they are MUCH higher quality than Bugera.
I own the JCA50H. It sounds great & is very reliable. (I use it as a back-up to the JVM)
Again I'm not bashing the Bugera tone - they sound really, really good but the quality is still lacking - even the new Infinium Series.
It is worth waiting and saving up money to get a high quality U.S., U.K. or German made amp.

again not my case ppl i have gigged with it and my amp its fine love it more everyday, still if you prefer other quality thats your decision, but how many times did you took it to a shop? I just wanna know
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Old 06-02-2014, 11:51 PM   #11889
Ippon
Amped

My 1990 is almost 3 years old and has a new owner ... none of the tubes have been replaced and none of the fuses have evr blown. It has been abused like no other mostly because I got it cheap, new. I've also used it as a bass amp.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:27 PM   #11890
Tenebrion

lets keep the BUGERA tread alive man! Nobody hasn't bought the Trirec?? and How the new turbosound speakers???
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Old 08-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #11891
chrissasser11

From reading many of the posts in this forum it seems that reliability is a major issue with the higher wattage heads while the smaller combos seem to have fewer issues. I've owned a V-22 for about three years and absolutely love it! For the price and tone it rivals the little Peavy Bravo that i bought in early 90s. The cabinet is very sturdy and overall cosmetics make for a very nice looking little combo amp. Tone wise it has everything i need though i rarely leave the clean channel. I mostly play a Carvin TLB-60 with twin blade humbuckers instead of single coils through it and get great tone with the volume around 4-5 and the guitar volume rolled off just a little. It starts to break up around 6-7 and beyond is a nice crunch that's great for blues, southern rock etc. The mid boost switch is useless in my opinion as it takes an already great tone and enhances nothing and actually takes away from it. Guess it just doesn't fit in with what i'm looking for. It has a digital reverb (i guess) but sounds as good as any Fender spring reverb. Very impressive for a chip. The pentode/triode switch on the back is a welcome addition when playing at home after the kids are asleep. Overall I've been very satisfied with the little amp and have had zero problems with it! I'd like to hear from other V-22 owners and see if their experiences with it are similar or find out if i just got lucky and got a good one!
chrissasser11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #11892
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

I've never owned a V22 but I've played it several times to give it a fair shake and it is a cool little amp. Nice tone. From what I've seen (at least on UG) you are correct - only the high gainers seem to have the issues. I wouldn't say you've just gotten lucky with yours - the V series seems pretty stable. They are also much simpler obviously.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #11893
Mad-Mike_J83
Offset Infantry Division

My early-adopter 2008 333XL is still alive and kickin, though I'm doing a lot of Road-Ready mods to allow me to keep it self-serviceable for years to come. That's been my magic amp even though it has been an ever-painful b***h for a few years there between 08'-10'.

Road Ready Modifications
- modified footswitch to DB-9, now I use surplus serial cables from Goodwill for the footswitch for a few bucks a pop, I now have almost 27 feet of cable - which I had to use almost all of at a outdoor festival awhile back.
- wired leads from I.T. to the power-valve board with solder, and ran the wires down the traces a little ways to make sure even if the Solder lets go a bit from heat/power, it'll still be laying smackdown on some eardrums
- In process of redesigning the input jack section so I can make a removable plate that allows me to replace the input jacks without removing the whole bloody board, and allows me to modify the amp to allow the use of metal jacks without destroying the amp in the process (by isolating the ground to the plate).

I did notice Bugera has basically dropped support for the FSB104 footswitch and spare parts on the pre-infineum models, hence all the modding I'm doing. I can't really afford to "upgrade" at this time anyway. I'm also looking into trying some experiments with 6CA7 Big Bottles in the future.
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (Stock)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)

Lead Guitarist for Zombie Jihad
Mad-Mike_J83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #11894
Keskimaki
Grating & Dividing

Allright, I've scoured the net for weeks now, but haven't found the solution yet.

I opened my 333xl-212 combo to replace the mains fuseholder (the plastic around had failed, spareparts were cheap), thinking it's not that big deal. It does indeed look like an easy fix, however...

As I opened the amp up the impendance selector fell apart too, apparently it had shaken off the other screw holding it to the backplate from years of cranked-amp-induced-vibrations.

Now I have the plastic switch, thin plastic mask plate, the metal chassis (clamping in to inside 8 pole thingie), the metal switchbase and four copper strips (2 straight and 2 angled) and no idea how to put them together. I found the schematics, but it's not much use for the actual construction part of the switch.

Anyone capable helping me with some info or pictures how to put it back together?
Even info on hardwiring it, setting it to 8-ohms (the cab I am using) permanently would be of a help. I would love to continue using this bastard for few more years.

The Great Divide @ soundcloud
Keskimaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: