Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-13-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
wyldelife

Deep Puprle - Lazy[C4C]

Hey y'all!

Recently, I covered this wonderful tune! To do this recording I used a great backing track made by the magazine "Guitar Techniques".

I know there's a lot of mistakes in this rendition, but still I think it's better then a lot of youtube covers. There reason behind me uploading this cover, is that I want to receive some constructive criticism from the great minds on this board, hope you'll help me

And, of course, I will C4C as soon as I have the chance

Thomas- Lazy (Cover)
Line 6 Pocket Pod
wyldelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #2
joplambrix

Haha lovely song and GREAT performance. But someone pls tell me what the hell C4C means?
You're a great guitarist!
joplambrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #3
Cajundaddy

Very nicely done, bravo! Lazy was one of my signature covers for many years. I never followed Richie B as closely as you did but it was always a hit with the fans.

What I liked a lot: The second half where you really let the dogs out. The guitar tone is yours and not Blackmore's but it is very good. Don't change it.

What I might change: Not much. The beginning maybe felt a little stiff and paint-by-numbers but overall you nailed it. Definitely a keeper.

“Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” - SRV
Cajundaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:40 AM   #4
b3guitar

Veryyyyy nice cover!

What caught my attention was the sound of your guitar...as if you wanted to sound as close to the original as it is possible, am I right?

It sounds, to me, like an old record of deep purple. Dude, I love the tone of your guitar. How did you manage to get it?

Another point that I want to make concerns your articulation which I find awesome. You definitely have the feel of the Purple

It was a pleasure to hear such a nice performance. I am waiting for more!

If you are interested in what I am doing, please see this: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1636120

Thanks once again
b3guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #5
wyldelife

Thanks for all the lovely comments, guys! Really fun to read. The tone I used is a pre-made tone on the PODHD500 called "cooking tubes". I really liked it, and figured it was fitting for this tune, but I did not make it, hehe.

b3! I'm checking out your tracks right now!
Line 6 Pocket Pod
wyldelife is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: