Password
Search:

Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #121
moody git
I bad writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cha33 armstrong
I was thinking BH&R more SMBH, starlight and KoC

as i said before, you're not going to get near the tone on EQ alone. at the very least you'll want a fuzz - chris uses a russian muff and i think an animato? through seperate amps etcetcetc Live at least KoC tends to be played on a rickenbacker 4003 (im talking pre sig status bass) with SMBH and starlight on american deluxe jazz basses. not exactly sure what he used in the studios though i imagine it was those two again.

to my ears, keep the bass pretty flat and slightly boost the mids with a very small cut to treble with not too much presence.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #122
cha33 armstrong
in it to win it

Quote:
Originally Posted by moody git
as i said before, you're not going to get near the tone on EQ alone. at the very least you'll want a fuzz - chris uses a russian muff and i think an animato? through seperate amps etcetcetc Live at least KoC tends to be played on a rickenbacker 4003 (im talking pre sig status bass) with SMBH and starlight on american deluxe jazz basses. not exactly sure what he used in the studios though i imagine it was those two again.

to my ears, keep the bass pretty flat and slightly boost the mids with a very small cut to treble with not too much presence.

Yeah im saving for a big muff I got the synth down already
Old 06-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #123
romkaman

Guys could anyone help me out on this one? Cliff Burtons tone in For whom the bell tolls( the riffs, not the intro) and actually all of the ride the lightning album and orion( the first riff and the one after the bass fill), he has some distorted tone, which i cant crack down using nor the amp settings, nor the bass big muff. Thanks in advance

Last edited by romkaman : 06-28-2013 at 08:02 AM.
romkaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: