Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
thesoundray

First album went live on Spotify (C4C)

It's almost 4 years old and I've improved in that time but I'm releasing this album to stores, almost just to get over it and move on really, I've recorded 3 albums since but, that's for another day.

I started out a guitar player and then began songwriting and singing cuz hey, maybe some will say I can't sing but you can't say I didn't sing.

It's a mix of acoustic-lets-call-them-singer/songwriter tracks, some rock tracks and an acoustic and an electric guitar instrumentals. Who likes being tied down to a single pigeon hole, just record what you love.

>https://play.spotify.com/album/5OlDaF0VZGQUFQ8q8Lr5oi<

C4C, full albums or single tracks if you like.

[EDIT: won't let me post links today for some reason. Copy&Paste I'm afraid]
thesoundray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

This goes in Promote Your Band. Because what you are doing is promoting your band.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Joshua1207
Hipster Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
This goes in Promote Your Band. Because what you are doing is promoting your band.

Umm, he is doing a critic for critic so its fine that it is here.
New Album Melancholic
LIKE MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/MockOffMusic
Joshua1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
Umm, he is doing a critic for critic so its fine that it is here.

Doesn't change jack shit. What does he want criticism for? The damn thing's on Spotify already. This is self-promotion, and promoting your band happens in Promote Your Band. And this post:
Quote:
It's almost 4 years old and I've improved in that time but I'm releasing this album to stores, almost just to get over it and move on really, I've recorded 3 albums since but, that's for another day.

I started out a guitar player and then began songwriting and singing cuz hey, maybe some will say I can't sing but you can't say I didn't sing.

It's a mix of acoustic-lets-call-them-singer/songwriter tracks, some rock tracks and an acoustic and an electric guitar instrumentals. Who likes being tied down to a single pigeon hole, just record what you love.

>https://play.spotify.com/album/5OlDaF0VZGQUFQ8q8Lr5oi<

C4C, full albums or single tracks if you like.

[EDIT: won't let me post links today for some reason. Copy&Paste I'm afraid]

sounds like promoting a band.
Normally I'd just live and let live, but I'm sick of this shit. This isn't what this subforum is for, and people who use it for its intended purpose are being drowned in a sea of threads along the lines of this one. There's a fine line between seeking constructive criticism and looking for a cheap plug, but too often, people here leap right the hell over that line.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
thesoundray

i haven't been here all that long and I'm confused. this sub seemed to be the one that has give and take critique for original works. There is none of that really in Promote Your Band and my intention was to get feedback on the entire album and to do similar.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
Joshua1207
Hipster Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
Doesn't change jack shit. What does he want criticism for? The damn thing's on Spotify already. This is self-promotion, and promoting your band happens in Promote Your Band. And this post:

sounds like promoting a band.
Normally I'd just live and let live, but I'm sick of this shit. This isn't what this subforum is for, and people who use it for its intended purpose are being drowned in a sea of threads along the lines of this one. There's a fine line between seeking constructive criticism and looking for a cheap plug, but too often, people here leap right the hell over that line.

I'm assuming he wants people to listen to his music and get some criticism on what they like/don't and he is willing to return that and criticize others works. So he is helping those who are seeking constructive criticism, yes? I don't really see the problem here. I know what you mean by those who are looking for a cheap plug, but I'm not sure that is the case here.
New Album Melancholic
LIKE MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/MockOffMusic
Joshua1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
I'm assuming he wants people to listen to his music and get some criticism on what they like/don't and he is willing to return that and criticize others works. So he is helping those who are seeking constructive criticism, yes? I don't really see the problem here. I know what you mean by those who are looking for a cheap plug, but I'm not sure that is the case here.

Read the last paragraph of my post until you understand. I thought it was pretty clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoundray
i haven't been here all that long and I'm confused. this sub seemed to be the one that has give and take critique for original works. There is none of that really in Promote Your Band and my intention was to get feedback on the entire album and to do similar.

If it's really criticism that you want, then you'll have to act like it. What I saw in the OP was basically a press release. Give us something to work with. What do you want feedback on? Structure? Mix? Lyrics? Maybe you've got some specific problem areas you aren't sure about, like how to get the bass and kick to stop clashing, or whether to drop the second chorus, if you think it might be too repetitive.
Any of that and more could have gone in your post. As it is, what came out was "here's my music, listen to it!". Which is promoting your band.

Last edited by Cavalcade : 04-24-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #8
thesoundray

Yea, I was just excited to properly release an album and wanted any feedback on it people were willing to give the time to express. Just let the thread die this isn't going anywhere.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #9
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoundray
Yea, I was just excited to properly release an album and wanted any feedback on it people were willing to give the time to express.

I know that feel. For what it's worth, you give great, detailed feedback.

Rate This Thread: