Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2013, 02:18 AM   #1
berrytiffany

Win Steve Vai Ibanez on Feb 15th!!

Where to buy your raffle tickets:
www.flourandwine.net/meffundraiser
Where to see the actual guitar you may win:
www.flourandwine.net
(scroll down to check out the youtube video of Steve signing the actual guitar + carrying case)

The Ditty:
Local restaurant owner, Michael Vai, is Steve Vai's brother. When the local school community's music director approached Michael to support their annual raffle, Michael offered to his brother Steve involved. Steve jumped right in. Both brothers support education of the arts. The raffle winner will be announced the evening of Feb 15th. Raffle ends on the 14th to allow all names to be entered appropriately and all proceeds go to the NOT FOR PROFIT "Music Education Foundation."
Good Luck! Thanks for supporting musical education in kids' lives!!!!

I've included a pic of the beauty to be won, plus her carrying case. She is currently on display at flour + wine restaurant in Glen Ellyn, IL where they affectionately refer to it as the "Vai Shrine."

If you have any questions, email me at tiffany@webologize.com
Attached Images

berrytiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #2
ChucklesMginty
\_(ツ)_/

*reported*
Old 01-30-2013, 02:45 AM   #3
berrytiffany

Why would you "report" this? It's legit, it helps kids, it's NOT spam. No one is requesting you buy anything.. instead support something awesome! This is a music forum, people might actually want to support music in kids' lives and win an Ibanez as a result.

Last edited by berrytiffany : 01-30-2013 at 02:53 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:46 AM   #4
chookiecookie
UG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrytiffany
Why would you "report" this? It's legit, it helps kids, it's NOT spam. No one is requesting you buy anything? This is a music forum, people might actually want to support music in kids' lives and win an Ibanez as a result.

'buy your raffle tickets here'

Really, now?

Edit: Damn, those are expensive tickets. I'd rather spend the money I save on not buying tickets and try to actually fund myself a guitar

Or booze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
Only because cookie hits on literally everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
Most guys are like chookie and will **** anything.

Last edited by chookiecookie : 01-30-2013 at 02:50 AM.
chookiecookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:50 AM   #5
berrytiffany

Yes, Chookie Chookie - to support musical education in children's lives.

I was sent here by a musical director who thought this site would be a great place to share. He thought it was an open forum filled with people who value sharing. You do not have to participate but if you'd like to, it's for a wonderful cause. I'm sad to see America cut so many music programs in our educational system. Programs like MEF's are the reason why some school districts even have a music program anymore.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:52 AM   #6
berrytiffany

Chookie - I know - but it's good for little dudes that want to learn how to rock
Old 01-30-2013, 02:54 AM   #7
chookiecookie
UG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrytiffany
Chookie - I know - but it's good for little dudes that want to learn how to rock

You don't have to go to a music school to learn how to rock. You'll find most of the musicians on here are 95% self taught.

Still, it's whatever to me. I'm not trying to come off as a prick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
Only because cookie hits on literally everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
Most guys are like chookie and will **** anything.
chookiecookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:57 AM   #8
Amuro Jay
challenging santa

Even if it is for a good cause, advertising in UG's forums is against the rules.

My advice to you is to contact UG's front page news editors and get an article written up. You'll probably get more exposure that way, and won't get tangled into the forum's web of rules.

Go to this page: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/about/contact.htm , fill out a request, and when you get a response, ask for help in getting a news article published for your raffle on the front page.

Despite the seemingly busy nature of the forums, the front page gets a much higher number of hits per day. Even one day of your article on the front page of UG would get you more exposure than a week in the forum. So my advice is to go that route.
Amuro Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: