Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #321
juckfush
UG's Fancy Antsy-Lope!

(EDIT: wall of text ahead.)

We worked together at a retail store, with her making the first advances on me. I was completely oblivious, as always.

She worked in the Home Entertainment section, whereas I worked customer service, tidying the place up, managing stock, and whatever else was required. If I ever found a DVD laying around the store, I'd take it right up to her counter so that I could talk to her.

The first real move I made relied on our work protocol; each item in the store has a 7-digit reference number. Phone numbers have ten.
I was only relatively new to the job at the time, and since we got on well, I'd always ask her over anyone else to run a check for item availability or is location in the back docks, provided I had a 7-digit keycode. So, one day, I told her that I'd comes across a particularly strange reference number, and needed her help, before reading out ''0, 4, 1, 2...'' and the remaining six digits. She gave me a cute smile, I asked her to ''call me back over when she decided what to do'', and received a text 15 minutes later when her shift finished notifying me of my success.

The next week, we played naughts-and-crosses with my rules; cheesily, if I'm using naughts and win, I get a hug (which is plain daft, because hugs are mutual), where if I use crosses and win, I get a peck, and vice-versa. I didn't want to rush into a kiss, so I stayed up late the previous night working out how to win with naughts, but ultimately lost each time. I owed her a peck, but being a nervous klutz, dropped them on her head and later on her cheekbone instead.
We then changed roles, with her having naughts and me having crosses, and she played awfully, legitimately missing good opportunities to ''win'' the game; and so was our first up to seventh kiss.

We dated for a short while and there were some more unconventional advances by me along the way, but ultimately, she was more interested in another guy she knew, which she had cryptically alluded to a few times. She slept with him the day after we went to a Picasso Exhibition together in the city.
I was bitter for the next few months, given that I'd been single for a year-and-a-half and felt quite led on (this happened in February), but I've properly come to terms with everything recently as far as I can tell.

But at least I got to use some quirky pick-ups along the way.

Last edited by juckfush : 12-13-2012 at 10:51 PM.
juckfush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #322
Primus2112
gortar hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
What you mean is, they generally don't have as good of social skills as others. It takes them time to catch up to the rest, socially.

homeschooled kid here, can confirm

as for the question in the OP, i don't know

i'll report back when it happens
Primus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #323
WCPhils
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus2112
homeschooled kid here, can confirm

as for the question in the OP, i don't know

i'll report back when it happens

You were homeschooled?

Also, a lot of them are weird, but not all. I found that the ones who went to school at some point, like myself, were pretty socially adjusted because they just kept all of there friends from school and hung out with them and stuff.

It was the ones who never went to school that were a little kooky. Not really any more so than some public school kids I knew.

Also, like I said yesterday in this thread. The kids who went to this weird "born again" Christain school near me were by far the weirdest I knew. They were cult-like
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #324
Primus2112
gortar hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
You were homeschooled?

yeah man

since like sceond grade

so i'm pretty weirdo

i mean i have friends that like me (i think), and i'm pretty well-adjusted, but i still feel like i'm creepy, even though i try not to be
Primus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #325
ChucklesMginty
Avicii - Levels

She said no. Woooooo. At least I did it.

Last edited by ChucklesMginty : 12-14-2012 at 07:18 AM.
ChucklesMginty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #326
Mr.-Bungle
Mr. Bungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDawson
Eventually I just stopped calling her because it just seemed weird to me; the whole thing just felt like formalities and posturing and I ABSOLUTELY CAN'T STAND THAT BULLSHIT!!! Maybe some of you will know what I am talking about; relationships can put you in a position where sometimes it is far more convenient to lie than tell the truth.

That was when I found out for myself that I am not really boyfriend material; I'm too honest and tend to do really antisocial, weird things because of it. I really loathe formalities and can't stand when people beat around the bush and/or are indecisive.

So now I just keep myself open for purely sexual relationships with women my age and watch out for the possibility of courting a woman who is about twice my age because that's how I roll.

Younger bitches just don't know what they want.

We are Same. Can't stand that bullshit.
Mr.-Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #327
GazzaCee
Tyrion is da bomb.

First girl I asked out was in year 4, we were about 8. I hid under a table while a friend asked her for me, she said yes, but we were 8 and forgot about it a week later.

Second girl - We were in year 6 (age 10), I put a note on her chair. She never answered.

Third girl- year 9 (age 13). Sent a creepy paragraph over Facebook and she got creeped out.

Fourth girl - year 10 (age 14). Asked her out via note in a lesson. She said yes, went out for 4 months, never even kissed.

Fifth girl - year 10. Met at a party, asked her out over Facebook, she said yes. Went out for a few months, was my first kiss. Then I realised that I didn't like her and broke up with her.

Sixth girl - year 10. She was my best friend since we were 4. Asked her out via text, she said no. She later asked me out over MSN, I said yes. We went out for 6 days until she broke up with me because she liked another guy.

Seventh girl - year 12 (age 16, like 2 months ago). First girl I asked out to her face, also friends with her since we were 4. She also said no.

There's a girl that I like currently and I thought she liked me back but she keeps sexting this other guy (who I am much more attractive than, I might add ), so I haven't asked her out yet.

No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
GazzaCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #328
whywefight
I need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChucklesMginty
She said no. Woooooo. At least I did it.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2ywcmlt.jpg[IMG]

I know those feels
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #329
fanapathy
B-Tuned

Funny thread question because I realized I have never really asked a girl out. (I'm 28)

Have had GFs and whatever, no worries. I guess the closest thing was asking a girl to go "out" to her place.
I suck at traditional dating and have no idea what to ask them/where to go, this might become a problem some day
fanapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #330
Coach Potato

I asked if we could walk together after class, she said yes. Asked if she would like to catch a movie on the weekend, she said yes. Asked for her number, she gave it to me. Never saw her again after that.
Coach Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #331
jakesmellspoo
BrBa Survivor's Club

6th grade. was too shy to even talk to this girl and tried getting one of her friends to ask if she'd go to a dance with me.

she came back and said "she doesn't like pussies, ask her yourself"

i asked her and, if i remember correctly, she said yes.

unfortunately for me, i got a major ear infection a few days later and was out of school for 3 weeks.

then my family moved to another town.

Rate This Thread: