Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
cloud_x_13

Silent Effect Stomp Switch

So i got a joyo eq pedal that makes a nasty pop sound when i click the button for it. Its one of those metal 9-pin switches that most boutique pedals have. The Ultimate Drive pedal i got from joyo as well has the same footswitch with no pop. Anyone know where i can get another switch that is a little more quiet? I read somewhere it might require a relay of some sort to kill the pop so if thats the case what do i have to do? Im decent with a soldering iron so i should be able to do most of the soldering myself.
Thanks
cloud_x_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
Telecaster7
Call me Leon

I replaced one of my Joyo switches (it broke.) I just used one of those seemingly standard blue 9-points, however the lugs of the switch didn't fit in the holes for the old switch so I had to link it with 9-wires which means I'll need to either rehouse it or figure something else out, because it sure doesn't fit now.

Just something to think about.
Telecaster7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #3
cloud_x_13

Oh i thought it had wires to begin with...ill have to open the thing up to take a look at it.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:34 AM   #4
cloud_x_13

Its got a small board over the switch, since i dont use batteries anymore i have a huge compartment to fit wires in, only problem is the main board is pretty close to the switch and most of those switches have a really big lug board.

Small lug silent switches anyone?

Rate This Thread: