Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
GS LEAD 5

MIDI/C4C | Thrashy metal, with NWOBHM and Metalcore influences

This song's a continuation of another song that my band is currently working on. The basic idea of the song is to tell the story of a king who lost his kingdom through his greed. It's eventually going to be in a total of 5 parts. Part I is a prologue told in the form of a flashback, Part II tells if his reign and his conquests, Part III chronicles his fall from grace, and Part IV tells of his exile, and of introspection on his part. Part V is the conclusion, and tells of his return to power.

To fit with the moods, I has a very dark, dissonant, creepy vibe to it. II is fast, upbeat, aggressive, 3 will be slow, and predominantly acoustic. 4 will be slow, but relatively more energetic than 3. Itll be a bit shorter than the rest as well, since there really isnt much of a story to tell- itll be full of ambient sounds and doomy chugging and stuff. 5 will
build up from 4, get faster and faster to a fast chugging track, with a longish instrumental section to conclude.

This is potentially the second part. Its still kind of incomplete, will have a long djenty breakdown with lots of spacey gaps and big boing boing sounds on guitar and bass, you get what I mean but I haven't managed to get around to it as of yet.

I've put the file in MIDI as my GP is refusing to convert triplets to GP5 without turning them into 32nd notes and adding loads of half note rests.

I've deliberately panned one guitar left and one guitar right so that it's easier to make out, since I wrote the tab so that both I and the rhythm guy can simply learn the tab with our respective names on it instead of wading through multiple different layers of tracks.

Link me to what you want in your post

EDIT: Even MIDI effs up the chords in the rhythm during the lead at the end should ring out instead of getting muted
Attached Files
File Type: mid Unnamed Song.mid (45.1 KB, 120 views)
Peavey KB4

DSP's FTW

You Liek Digitech?
8>7>6. ERG'S FTW.

Last edited by GS LEAD 5 : 12-05-2012 at 12:38 PM.
GS LEAD 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Then just convert to GP4.... the MIDI makes all the pinches into 25 notes, changes all the chord fingerings and loads of stuff. Tried clearing it up a bit.

Then I just messed around with the chorus for lulz.
Attached Files
File Type: gp4 unname macguffin.gp4 (39.5 KB, 62 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Messed around with it again. Might want to take the repeats off.
Attached Files
File Type: gp4 unname macguffin.gp4 (39.5 KB, 26 views)

Quote:
Eip pls

Last edited by EpiExplorer : 12-05-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

And again, just cuz...

I's very sorry.
Attached Files
File Type: gp4 unname macguffin.gp4 (39.5 KB, 54 views)

Quote:
Eip pls
Old 12-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
GS LEAD 5

lemme look through all these

Damn, sounds pretty good

I'd rather not keep those sharp sounding chords, cause the song is meant to be kinda not that dissonant.....but I feel very tempted to keep those guitar harmonies towards the end of the chorus
Peavey KB4

DSP's FTW

You Liek Digitech?
8>7>6. ERG'S FTW.

Last edited by GS LEAD 5 : 12-05-2012 at 02:14 PM.
GS LEAD 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
~Flounder~
Trance/Metal Synth player

Listening to the last gp4 thats been posted

Intro- Love it. Definitely my kinda stuff. However the second guitar is not really that good. The chords it does in the beginning don't sound very good IMO and the alternate picking riffage just gets in the way of what's going on in the song.

The verse is very cool. Only complaint is the weird pinch harmonix sound off (but then again it is guitar pro). I really like the drums and guitar harmonies in measures 30-38. Sort of Lamb of God-ish. The metalcore verse fits nicely in the song without being generic at all. Measures 52-53 need to be rewritten IMO.

Chorus- I feel like I can hear exactly where you were trying to go with the chords/harmonies on guitar for this part. Its just somewhere between the original idea and the execution things got kinda messed up. Idk what the "right" notes would be, just that it sounds off (while still making sense to the listener...idk).

At Measure 70 the riff is cool, and I think it definitely works as a Bridge/Post-Chorus. However I dislike the tempo change at measure 78 and from there till the end of the song I kind of lost interest. Slow tempo metal riffs just don't do it for me, I guess its personal preference.

All in all a really good start to a song, but I think it needs a lot of work before its a finished, polished idea. Hopefully the things I mentioned would help get it there.

c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...72#post30760772

Last edited by ~Flounder~ : 12-19-2012 at 07:08 PM.
~Flounder~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: