Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
wildthing423

should be simple guitar mod

I have this thing about tenor guitars and cuatro and bajo sextos and the like, but mostly tenor. I helped a neighbor clean out and pack away her husbands workshop, he died in combat. he was a hobby guitar builder/player. As payment she dropped off 2 of those squier mini electrics still in the box. I guess he always bout good but inexpensive guitars and modded them. so, my question is can I just use the inner 4 strings or do I have to cut or buy a new nut and bridge. How hard would it be to make it a true tenor electric.

Likewise I have 2 3/4 electric bass that go for around 149 USD, how hard would it be to turn one of them into a tenor electric. Unfortunately, most custom built tenors are currently out of my reach or I dont like them and the ones I do like are vintage and only God can afford them.

thanks in advance ...

Mark
wildthing423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
oneblackened
Future Breed Machine

You couldn't really turn a bass into a tenor, since a tenor is tuned above a 6 string electric.
Charvel San Dimas Style 1 (MIJ)
oneblackened is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
wildthing423

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneblackened
You couldn't really turn a bass into a tenor, since a tenor is tuned above a 6 string electric.

As far as the bass , It is basically the same length as a tenor or the mini squier take the strings off and I guess cut a net nut as i think the bass would be too big string wise...wouldnt it? I only ask because I read some where where a man in australia did something similar.

Mark
wildthing423 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: