Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Classic Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-13-2014, 01:29 AM   #12661
eGraham
¬cool

I think the album on the whole will be pretty good though. But Division Bell is probably my favorite Floyd record.

I think I like how TDB and the song Louder than Words seem to reflect so much on the band history.

edit: Also, as a long time Floyd fan who didn't expect anything new from them ever, this is pretty special to me.

Last edited by eGraham : 10-13-2014 at 01:33 AM.
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #12662
eGraham
¬cool

David Gilmour has confirmed that he'll have a new solo album out probably next year.

I wasn't certain after the release of this last Floyd album. I thought maybe some of the news got mixed up, but I'm glad it didn't. He also said there'll be a few tour dates, some in North America.

I hope I can go to one
Old 11-09-2014, 08:03 PM   #12663
romencer17
UG God

Some of the ambient parts are pretty nice but overall I'm pretty underwhelmed with The Endless River. A lot of stuff I dislike for the same reason as Division Bell, and I wasn't too big on the really obvious referencing of old stuff, like one track that really sounds like Shine On and I think I heard two parts that did the Run Like Hell thing with big stadium drums and clean palm-muted guitar doing the thing in the back. Definitely feels like a lot of unfinished ideas strung together whichever way rather than expanded into complete compositions.

I think fans of The Division Bell will enjoy and I think if they had worked out the double album concept around the time of The Division Bell maybe I would have enjoyed that record. as it is, I'm not sure whether this is better closure for the Floyd story than TDB. It comes a bit closer back to home than TDB but at the same time feels like a somewhat half-hearted, too-late effort. I guess I'll see how it holds up after time.
romencer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:13 AM   #12664
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

I haven't listened to the whole thing but from what I've there's some surprisingly good songs and a bunch that were basically what I was expecting (meh).
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #12665
bebert

Well I was a little dispointed after listening the last album. But maybe my hopes were too high. This a really nice album to listen.
I really like the "Allons-y (1)" "Autumn '68" "Allons-y (2)" part: catchy and beautifully recorded. But "Allons-y" sounds really like "Run Like Hell".
I think that Pink Floyd without big projects or perspective like Waters had, is not as good.
If it were their first album, I've think I wouldn't have love them like I did.
But if any band could a done an album like that, I would be happy...
To me 7/10.
bebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:56 PM   #12666
eGraham
¬cool

I'm really digging the Allons-y set right now, too. Love the way it picks back up in part 2.

I don't really think it feels all too similar to Run Like Hell, except for maybe the muted electric rhythm.

I think those three songs together, Talkin' Hawkin', and Louder than Words are my big ones.

Also love Sum and Skins. Those songs are so Floyd yet aren't, and I don't know how to describe it. Almost reminds me of Echoes.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:52 AM   #12667
bebert

Yes Talkin' Hawkin' is really good too. The Album should have start by the end
bebert is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: