Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
RUMPLED4thSKIN

MXR M77 Custom Modified Badass Overdrive

I'm just curious does anyone have any experience with this pedal
someone i know recommended it to me over the ts9 ts808 and the od808
any knowledge would help immensly
RUMPLED4thSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
Le_6505+

I have the MXR M77, in all honesty there is much more variability with it. You get the boost, the tone and everything in between. The one thing i will say is that you really have to play around with it to get what you want out of it. One thing that make me choose this pedal is the extra boost in the mids and lows with the BUMP button.
I play a Peavey 6505+ 112 combo and a ESP LTD Ax 350 with ( Saymour Duncan "Blackouts") so for me its helps with tone and cleaning up the sound as well as changing the sound to what matches me rather then playing with what I have, if you know what I mean.
In all honesty I looked up the Maxon OD808 and was debating which one I wanted to get, so I went to guitarcenter with my guitar and Plugged the MXR into the amp they have in store ( 6505+ combo) and I loved the variety of sounds the pedal gave me.
I would suggest doing the same, that would be the only way for you to figure out if the sound fits you.

Amp:
6505+ 112 60w combo

Guitars:
-ESP LTD Ax 350 ( Blackouts)
- Epi les paul jr
- Fender strat
Le_6505+ is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: