Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
Thomas_Erak_Fan

Getting over a mental block..

How do you get over a mental block? I can play the rest of the song fine but when I get to this one part my fingers just clench up and I can't play. It's a really fast section in the song and I can't seem to play it even at the slowest tempo. I believe I have some sort of mental block at this part. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:55 AM   #2
gijsheijnen84
Gijs Heijnen

Well you should figure out why you can't play that piece of the song. Do you struggle with picking the pattern, aren't your fingers limber enough. Find out what part makes you struggle and work on that.

Another very important idea is to break the fast part up in smaller chunks of perhaps one beat and work on those smaller chunks of the song. When you can play all the small chunks, paste them together and get that up to speed.

Does this info help you?
gijsheijnen84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
Freepower
v It's Back! :D

^ yep.

Don't forget you can also refinger most things. Just because your guitar hero plays those notes in those positions doesn't mean you have to play em there. You may find it much easier after moving a few notes around. Most of my covers I end up changing the fingerings to suit my technique and gear.
Freepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
Thomas_Erak_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijsheijnen84
Well you should figure out why you can't play that piece of the song. Do you struggle with picking the pattern, aren't your fingers limber enough. Find out what part makes you struggle and work on that.

Another very important idea is to break the fast part up in smaller chunks of perhaps one beat and work on those smaller chunks of the song. When you can play all the small chunks, paste them together and get that up to speed.

Does this info help you?
Yeah it was a helper, thanks!

Rate This Thread: