Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Pop Punk & Emo
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #3141
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

Yeah the post pop punk sound was way better. I was just excited at first because this at least sounds like a coherent song compared to a lot of Neighborhoods. I don't think it's horrible though, just cheesy and plain, and I'm sure the rest won't sound like this (they've been hinting their new music will be heavier and more Box Car Racre/untitled esque than Neighborhoods). This song is hopefully a one off 'experiment' since it's basically a Christmas song.
slipknot5678 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #3142
MinterMan22
UG Member

that second track sounds real good to me
Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #3143
odinmisawa

Just based on the preview, I already don't like this EP. I think Boxing Day is good-ish and Pretty Little Girl sounds like it will be my favorite out of the 5. I don't like the first two songs.

-When I Was Young sounds way too much like Dry Your Eyes (Not sure if its that one, but its definitely just an AvA song with Mark singing). Chorus sounds amazing though, so thats a good note.

-Dogs Eating Dogs was promising until they got to the "Dogs eating dogs, dogs eating dogs,dogs eating dogs" lines. They sound ugly to me. The chorus does sound pretty good, especially the break the first one with the tremolo on the guitars<333

-Disaster sounds okay I guess, but again, it reminds me too much of AvA. Mark's vocals do add a nice touch. Not too much else to say about it.

This is all coming from a guy who has purchased and loved every Blink, BCR, +44, and AvA album. Still love the band, but I don't know if this will do it for me.

EDIT: Its also been pointed out to me that the verse of When I Was Young sounds like Everything's Magic. I hate being that guy this time around, but I'm getting tired of all of the re-used stuff. As a bonus I made it kind of easier on the eyes.

Last edited by odinmisawa : 12-12-2012 at 02:15 AM.
odinmisawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:45 AM   #3144
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

I just saw there was a youtube link with song samples. I'm listening now.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:53 AM   #3145
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Boooring. Should have stayed dead.
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #3146
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

Yeah probably. I kind of like the first three songs though.

Also keep in mind that the were written very quickly and this was all rushed just a few weeks ago to be out by Christmas as a 'bonus' of sorts. The full length might be way better, but it'll probably be like this. I'm a fanboy so I'll listen to it either way, although my fanboyism is decreasing.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #3147
ChucklesMginty
\_(ツ)_/

I love it!

It just annoys me, I love the verses much more than the chorus. It's kind of an anticlimax.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #3148
InstantAXonHero

What is up with the weird style of the album cover?
Old 01-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #3149
blake1221
‭‭

Laziness?
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:08 PM   #3150
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot5678
Yeah probably. I kind of like the first three songs though.

Also keep in mind that the were written very quickly and this was all rushed just a few weeks ago to be out by Christmas as a 'bonus' of sorts. The full length might be way better, but it'll probably be like this. I'm a fanboy so I'll listen to it either way, although my fanboyism is decreasing.

When I was told this should have stayed dead I thought you meant the band, not the thread. I should have realised that was a hint to stop posting.

I'm going to get shit for this but I kind of like the EP. There's good moments (like the Disaster intro) but overall it feels uninspired. If it felt inspired it could have been pretty good. \_(ツ)_/ With that said I don't see myself listening to it unless I'm on a blink binge and I get bored of the untitled album.

Also the artwork is pretty lame.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #3151
ChucklesMginty
\_(ツ)_/

Eh, it was 2.50 on iTunes and I've had it on repeat. It grew on me.

The rap on on 'Pretty Little Girl' absolutely ruins it though. I know Tom and Travis especially like hip hop, but come on...

Last edited by ChucklesMginty : 01-06-2013 at 09:13 AM.
ChucklesMginty is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: