TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

^ This is true. He's just moody. He's an emo kid with a crossbow
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #3263
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

RIP Rick's beard ;_;

Anyways, I liked it. I always wanted to see the group arrive at Alexandria and get all "community-like" since season 3. So far it seems they are handling it okay.
The landscape changes so much that it is practically a new show now. Hopefully the writers don't **** up and we get some engaging episodes now, and in season 6.

P.S: Where the hell is Gabriel?

Last edited by gonzaw : 03-02-2015 at 09:34 PM.
gonzaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:05 PM   #3264
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $

I didn't see gabriel that whole episode. I want some proof to show he was atleast partly in the show.

chev311e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:08 PM   #3265
chev311e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardbored
Darryl's overrated as hell tbh.

ill agree his whole shtick is getting a bit old, but I can't lie that he was my favorite character for a while before I started getting bored by him. I blame beth.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:22 PM   #3266
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
I'm calling it now,

show

Remember our talk :P

This is what is going to happen:

(comic spoilers duh!)

show

So yeah, I think this is what will happen.

Last edited by gonzaw : 03-02-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:24 PM   #3267
Wormholes
i love your wall

Negen will only show up in the spinoff cali dead, calling it now.
Wormholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:27 PM   #3268
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

I'm already missing Rick's beard more than I'm missing Tyreese or Beth (and I miss Hershel much more than I miss any of those two).
Old 03-02-2015, 10:32 PM   #3269
nico_9550
usertitle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzaw
I'm already missing Rick's beard more than I'm missing Tyreese or Beth (and I miss Hershel much more than I miss any of those two).

Hershel's was the only death in the whole series that upset me
nico_9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:33 PM   #3270
chev311e

i miss shane too

Old 03-02-2015, 10:39 PM   #3271
Wormholes
i love your wall

They should have saved shanes death for when ricks wife died. He could have went all psycho on him then.
Wormholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:32 AM   #3272
CaptainCanti
E.N.

I swear to ****ing piss if they kill Noah off already. Like black males are red shirts in this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
Put the fedora away it's not gonna help anything.
CaptainCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:40 AM   #3273
Cardbored

Quote:
Originally Posted by chev311e
ill agree his whole shtick is getting a bit old, but I can't lie that he was my favorite character for a while before I started getting bored by him. I blame beth.

Yeah I liked how he was kind of independent and rough before getting cozy with the group. Saw a little of that when he was with the Claimer people.

I don't see why they had to kill off Tyreese. It just seems so random. Should've gotten mullet man.
Cardbored is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:08 AM   #3274
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart

I don't care what you all say, I still like Daryl.
I dunno why. Maybe its the whole rebel thing even if they have been going that way for too long for some people. But, that gives him somewhere to go.
And I'm sure all the female viewers probably still have the hots for him.
But yeah, his character lacks dimension.

And I think old mullet head needs to get killed. He's ****ing useless, although the firetruck/firehose thing was kinda cool.

And I wanna do Tara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I'm sorry that we won't validate your decision, we give advice here, not good feelings.

My friends call me Rob.
CodeMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:20 AM   #3275
Cardbored

I was upset that Beth died but I feel better now that the haircut lady showed up
Cardbored is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM   #3276
nico_9550
usertitle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardbored
I was upset that Beth died but I feel better now that the haircut lady showed up

haircut lady
nico_9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM   #3277
Wiegenlied
Registered Usurper

Rick gon tap that
Wiegenlied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:07 AM   #3278
20Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiegenlied
and i think either carols trying to act peacefully to avoid risking not getting accepted into the community or shes reverting to her former self before the whole zombie apocalypse. the latter would seem to go against her 'we can't get weak' comment at the end, but maybe she fears that because shes seeing the way the safety is affecting her so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonk
I think Carol is acting all meek to hide how much of a bad ass she really is.
I think she's acting as a mild mannered woman so that way this new group won't be seeing her as a threat should things get sour.
She's being the sleeper of the group.
I agree.
She told Daryl to have a shower because "we have to keep up appearances". She also was very keen to frame herself as the groups "den mother" and that she would like to "do something in the community".

It's really smart on her part. She angled toward a "community type role" for a job where she can gain the trust of the people, get in with the gossip circles (information networks in a town without phones), and completely fly under the radar as a "non threatening older woman".

She worries that the group might get weak being in Alexandria too long, but like Rick said - that's not them anymore. And he's right, but the group in Alexandria is weak by comparison but as demonstrated by that dude that took Glen out on the run. They don't realize how weak they are. By Carol doing what she's doing they will have no idea she is actually f*cking Rambo.

It's a smart play on her part. And it's good to have people like that in the group that are strategic thinkers without Rick having to tell them what to do.

Quote:
Part of me wants to trust Deanna, and I do really want to trust her and would like to think she is being honest and transparent and open about her intentions.

And even if Deanna is being honest about her intentions, keeping control of all these different people (amongst both groups) under such harsh conditions has got to be a near impossible task. Especially with Daryl. He's not really the type that likes to be controlled.

IN making Rick the Constable I think is Deanna just stroking his ego.
The first time he has to "arrest" or do some law enforcement type stuff against this new group if the situation is some kind of disturbance between the Alexandria group and Ricks group, and Rick takes the side of someone in his group, the Alexandria group is gonna raise shit.
And if Rick takes the side of someone in the Alexandria group over someone in his own group in the same type of instance, then Ricks group is gonna shit all over Rick.
Either way, Rick is gonna lose if he has to make a Law Enforcement type decision.

I really liked this episode though.

I also want to trust Deanna.
I want her to be smarter than you're giving her credit for though.

And I don't see it as a Rick is gonna lose type deal. Rick doesn't lose, if he has to make a conflict resolution type of decision to keep the peace he will make the right decision and I think he will earn respect for it.

Ultimately though something has to happen where the weakness of the townsfolk and contrasting strength of Rick and the gang becomes apparent to all. Then Rick will assume leadership by sheer will.

I want to think that Deanna will be okay with that and not be power hungry. I want her to see Rick's value and work WITH him rather than against him as a smart strategic advisor and civil organizer. She can oversee the administrative side of running Alexandria while Rick makes the executive decisions.

but who knows (well apart from those guys that have read the comics - and thanks for keeping it in spoilers guys. much appreciated)
Old Today, 12:12 AM   #3279
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

The show can vary from the comics in a lot of ways from now on. I believe the main "events" will be the same (for instance the finale), but the characters and conflicts themselves can be completely different.
For instance, we now have a completely new type of conflict with Daryll that doesn't exist in the comics (since he isn't there). There is no way to know what will happen there (will Daryll leave the group? Will he adapt? Will he die or go crazy? etc)
Old Today, 09:54 AM   #3280
CaptainCanti
E.N.

What if when Carl was following the chick, she circled back and jumped out at him from behind, and he accidentally stabbed her in the head. That's basically what I was thinking the whole scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
Put the fedora away it's not gonna help anything.
CaptainCanti is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: