Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Bass Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
angelus erratus

need help with with this putting a name to bass.

I bought this bass a few days ago, and i want to see if i got ripped off and should return it or keep it and fix it. It currently does not play, ill be checking the wiring, p/up to see which is the culprit, if i decide to keep it. All i know is what i was told, Orlando bass by Matsumoko. I tried finding info on the exact model, the closest thing i found was their p bass replica, but my bass has a single p/up and the body is slightly different. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

[/URL]
angelus erratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
FatalGear41
Battle Beagle!

I'm afraid there isn't a lot of information about the Orlando brand basses. They were indeed made by Matsumoko, as were a lot of instruments. The Orlando bass that seems to come up for sale the most often is their "Beatle Bass" knockoff. They were just another Japanese instrument outlet selling copies of various instruments back in the 1970's. I've heard that Robert DeLeo of STP used one occasionally back in the day, but I don't know if it is true. Most of the Orlando Fender knock-offs have the "Orlando" logo in a script decal on the headstock.

I've seen a few P-Bass Orlando knock-offs go for about US$100.00 or less on some of the bass forums, so I doubt that it has any real resale value. If you like it, just hang onto it and play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: