Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-06-2013, 04:00 AM   #1
denzer1992

Metallica - Master Of Puppets; drums guitar&bass cover HD Video + backing tracks ddl

Here's my cover of Metallicas Master Of Puppets. I played all the instruments and the whole song of course. Check it out, I hope you like it.

Have a nice day,

Cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...1&v=a7WClKf8kvA

Last edited by denzer1992 : 11-07-2013 at 12:08 PM.
denzer1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
azrael667

Great stuff. Nice quality as well.

Only one small pet peeve of mine, I think. On the pre chorus thingy I think you're playing a D power chord when in fact it's a D# (the one at 1:45).

Plus that see through bass is awesome.
azrael667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
denzer1992

shittt

yeah you're absoloutely right! i must have listened to this song at least 2000 times in the last decade... i have no idea why i never noticed that!
Old 11-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
ibzshredder

very nice! one thing i suggest to you is to not play always down stroke you can play this song just as well using alternate picking it is a great exercise to try and get the accents when you alternate pick. good job on the drums and bass too
ibzshredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
ThoriumEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibzshredder
very nice! one thing i suggest to you is to not play always down stroke you can play this song just as well using alternate picking it is a great exercise to try and get the accents when you alternate pick. good job on the drums and bass too

Dude, playing MoP in alternate is a sin...
Old 11-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
fanapathy
B-Tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibzshredder

While I agree you can altpick this song and have it sound fine, this song is also a great downpicking exercise - and since Hetfield&Co downpick it - why not go for it. It's great to have that speed when you need fast gallops and triplets you in other songs. I don't think it's fair to criticize for downstrokes in a cover when it's "written" like that.

Great job on the cover Very solid for a 1 man band. You got some clipping audio (bass drum I think). I wish I could play fingered bass like that Awesome solo. Cheers
fanapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
denzer1992

Thank you everybody! I'm glad you like it!

In case anybody is interested in backing tracks... I uploaded all 4 backing tracks on dropbox (Drums, Bass, Guitar James, Guitar Kirk)
I guess the drum track would be the most interesting for all the guitar players here!

I put all the Downloadlinks in the description of the youtube video!

Rate This Thread: