Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-27-2014, 08:37 AM   #13561
TheTransient
Brendan

Gear flashback to May 2011 haha

Still playing the same telecaster. Still have the same amp (although I have MUCH better ones now). All different pedals. That said, I reckon that's still a pretty solid lineup. I'd got with it of I had to.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Sensor Array σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
TheTransient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:39 AM   #13562
Tombe
Post-Rocker

Yeah, I could rock that setup pretty hard.

FUZZY FLATPICKER σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Tombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:57 AM   #13563
matthewa

I like that a lot.
matthewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #13564
UnbrokenGlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by stradivari310
Also my Choralflange! Pls help me I am broke because of my Moog delay

This is what I'm going for! Except imagine a haymaker where the Wave Cannon is and a Blunderbuss where the Musket is.

How much are you looking to get for the choralflange?
Twitter
UnbrokenGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #13565
stradivari310
MOAR DELAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbrokenGlass
How much are you looking to get for the choralflange?

$200!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

post-hardcore/ambient band
ambient/drone project
dreampop/shoegaze band
Jazzmaster / Hellcat VI > Pedals > Sunn Model A
stradivari310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:01 PM   #13566
UnbrokenGlass

Quote:
$200!

Hmm, let me look in my couch cushions(or my bank account, that's probably smarter). I probably can't swing it but it is tempting...
Twitter
Old 08-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #13567
TheTransient
Brendan

Just ordered some Audio Technica studio headphones because my AKG ones stopped working after a couple of months... Pieces of shit. Hoping these last longer.

What is everyone else using in terms of a basic recording rig?

I have a MacBook on which I will either use GarageBand (for quick demos) or Reaper (when I want to record actual guitar etc). I am using a Shure SM57 for close mic'ing and some Avid M-Boxinterface that I desperately want to upgrade. I also want another mic. Maybe a condensor of some kind for capturing rooms or to using with the SM57 for a deeper guitar tone?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Sensor Array σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last edited by TheTransient : 08-27-2014 at 05:04 PM.
TheTransient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #13568
ibanezguitars44

I have nothing at the moment. My parents said a computer could end up being a graduation present so there's that. Then I'll need an interface still. Ryan has some good mics at my house, but I'll eventually need my own haha. Probably will pick up some condenser and an sm58. Then I'll probably try and pick up a copy of ableton. I also might have another download available for studio one. So if so I'll install that. Once I get all that I should be able to do some cool stuff.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ibanezguitars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #13569
Tombe
Post-Rocker

I have an M-Audio ProFire 2626 rackmount thingy as an audio interface. 8 XLR/line inputs means the band can record live drums with guide guitar & bass going straight in, it's how we've always recorded. I use Logic and sometimes Pro Tools on my MacBook and have two Alesis M1 monitors and Audio-Technica headphones for blasting the tunes out through, and I have a large selection of (mostly broken) mics...

I quite often use pedals as outboard reverbs to get that big post-rocky wash, it's strangely much harder to get from 'studio' reverbs in my experience...

FUZZY FLATPICKER σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Tombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #13570
UnbrokenGlass

My drummer has a Macbook with Audacity(I got pretty good at using it through work), we've got a Tascam interface, and an assortment of random mics. I like our knocked together recording setup.
Twitter
Old 08-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #13571
VishNuRoXoUt
They call me Karebear...

If any of you dudes play Titanfall on PC you should let me know. ;P

τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ ∞

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote:
Originally Posted by My buddy, Maxwell
I think that's really what we want out of life. Sugar mommas and verellens.
VishNuRoXoUt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #13572
ppunkrokMr

I have 2 Computers with Studio One on them. MY laptop has V2 PRO, but sadly, it isnt up to the task of running it without many a clicks and pops. I have a few sm58s(I take the windscreens off and they are actually the same as 57's, so there is a neat little trick for you). I also have an AKG Perception 220 that sounds really good for a 50 dollar mic. I would recommend that to anyone considering purchasing a condenser for under 200 bucks. I also recently acquired a Shure SM 81 for free. It is commonly used as a drum overhead but being that it is a pencil condenser, Ill probably use it for a multitude of things. I also have a few audio technica tom mics, but they are kinda permanently on loan to me so i might give them back one day. I have this first act mic I got from Walmart a few years ago and I really like it for some things, snare included. For interfaces, I have a Presonus Audiobox, Presonus Firepod, and an Mbox 2. I have an Aguilar ToneHammer DI i have used for bass recording and even some acoustic. I ran it in line with a SUB Kick on a bass drum for a friend once and cranked the low end and it came out quite nice. I have been doing some research on computers and I am probably going to buy a kit computer from TigerDirect pretty soon to replace the Pro Tools setup that got fried at West's by lightning. I also have some older Roland Studio monitors that sound really really good. I got them for 120 shipped off GC used.

That being said, I dont actually have a usable recording rig, but I have a ton of crap typically used for recording. lol
Old 08-27-2014, 10:41 PM   #13573
UnbrokenGlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppunkrokMr

That being said, I dont actually have a usable recording rig, but I have a ton of crap typically used for recording. lol

Hey man, if it works it works.
Twitter
Old 08-28-2014, 05:25 PM   #13574
stradivari310
MOAR DELAY

Quote:
Hmm, let me look in my couch cushions(or my bank account, that's probably smarter). I probably can't swing it but it is tempting...

I could go down a bit since you're semi-local and I might not have to ship it. Let me think about it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ambient/drone project
dreampop/shoegaze band
Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM   #13575
UnbrokenGlass

Had a discount code from eBay that I needed to use or lose by tomorrow, so I popped on to browse guitar stuff and ended up snagging a Dano Cool Cat Chorus(the one in the metal casing) for pretty much free(just paid the shipping). And now Im realizing that I really need to get off my ass, replace my old patch cables, and build a new pedalboard before we start playing a ridiculous amount of gigs again.

Speaking of ridiculous amounts of gigs, anybody else have a problem where bands around you just play so many gigs that it makes it impossibly frustrating to book with them, because they start hurting draw to shows you book them on? Is this just me? So many bands around here are like "We booked five shows around the city in two weeks! WOOOOOOOO ROCKSTARS!!!" and I just don't get it.
Twitter

Last edited by UnbrokenGlass : Yesterday at 01:22 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM   #13576
stradivari310
MOAR DELAY

Quote:
Had a discount code from eBay that I needed to use or lose by tomorrow, so I popped on to browse guitar stuff and ended up snagging a Dano Cool Cat Chorus(the one in the metal casing) for pretty much free(just paid the shipping). And now Im realizing that I really need to get off my ass, replace my old patch cables, and build a new pedalboard before we start playing a ridiculous amount of gigs again.

Speaking of ridiculous amounts of gigs, anybody else have a problem where bands around you just play so many gigs that it makes it impossibly frustrating to book with them, because they start hurting draw to shows you book them on? Is this just me? So many bands around here are like "We booked five shows around the city in two weeks! WOOOOOOOO ROCKSTARS!!!" and I just don't get it.

That chorus is pretty solid! And way cheaper than the Choralflange. Nice score.

And yeah, bands can't play too often. The most you can expect your friends to pony up $10 to watch you play is probably like, every other month. At least in my experience.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ambient/drone project
dreampop/shoegaze band
Old Today, 03:04 AM   #13577
T7E
All smiles :)

^^^ true. Your band from is a bit more niche, like my mate is in a surfy/psych/beatles kind of band that's mad danceable and often share the bill with two or three similar bands or sometimes more neo-soul/funk bands and sometimes ill see them once or sometimes twice a week for a couple in a row, depending on who else is on the bill or if they are supporting some big headliner type band. Ends up being a huge night out.

Horses for Courses though, like cant really compare the scenes and vibes to post hardcore/post rock etc

also massive scene in the cultural hub of the entire country which was also recently declared by some kind of authority as the most livable city in the world where there are probably 60+ venues and a shit tonne of bands.

like i said, different
Anarchy Audio Analog Phaser
Toyroom Effects Woolly Bully
Neunaber Stereo WET
Chasebliss Audio Warped Vinyl
Diamond Compressor
Strymon EL Capistan
Smallsound/Bigsound Mini
Barwatt Rocket 30w

Last edited by T7E : Today at 03:07 AM.
T7E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:02 AM   #13578
UnbrokenGlass

Quote:
That chorus is pretty solid! And way cheaper than the Choralflange. Nice score.

And yeah, bands can't play too often. The most you can expect your friends to pony up $10 to watch you play is probably like, every other month. At least in my experience.

Yeah, just total stroke of luck for me, so score. I can ask around if you like, I might have a buddy who'd be interested in the choralflange. I just realized how far I still need to go on rebuilding the bedrock of my rig(new amp, upgrade parts on the guitars, etc.) and don't think I'll be able to swing it.

And yeah, we aim for every four to eight weeks in a city, if that. Just gets frustrating, I feel like as a band trying to do right I get the short end from dudes like that, glad I'm not just crazed and bitter.
Twitter

Rate This Thread: