User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
plangentmusic

Iron Maiden

Some old school metal.
Any feedback is welcome.

Last edited by plangentmusic : 04-24-2013 at 04:14 PM.
plangentmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
plangentmusic

??? Are full band covers shunned? This is the third one with zero responses. Hell, say it sucks. lol
Old 04-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
Con93

Ok, i'll start!

As a long standing Iron Maiden fan, i really enjoyed it. Playing was all pretty much bang on, fairly well mixed and that guitar tone was fantastic, really nailed it.

Only real issue with it was there seemed to be some sort of clicking going on, possibly the bass.

Otherwise a very solid Maiden cover, well done!
Con93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
Big bang theory

Holy Smokes that was awesome! do you mind C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1598691
Big bang theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
plangentmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con93
Ok, i'll start!

As a long standing Iron Maiden fan, i really enjoyed it. Playing was all pretty much bang on, fairly well mixed and that guitar tone was fantastic, really nailed it.

Only real issue with it was there seemed to be some sort of clicking going on, possibly the bass.

Otherwise a very solid Maiden cover, well done!

Yeah, Harris uses flatwounds with low action and lots of treble and he gets that "click" == especially on that album. Of course his touch has a lot to do it it. I tried to get it as close as possible.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:07 AM   #6
dudurata

Glad i found this! Awesome job man! Really well played. A couple of wrong notes here and there (could be improvisation, or just my hearing ;D). The overall tone for each instrument was closer to the real Maiden tone than most covers ive seen (i see them a lot since i <3 maiden and also cover them on guitars). A really good job on tone and mixing dude! Congratulations. The only thing i did not like that much was the solo. Was not a bad solo, but i really like the original one... Other than that, amazing job man, keep it up! i will subscribe to your YT channel, cheers from Brazil
dudurata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
Eddie82

I see you like playing all parts (can you sing aswell O.o?)
...but if you like the idea of a collab cover of some song let me know man! i can only play the guitar (we can share it too ^^) i am called E.T.U. on youtube, check my videos if you like the idea. The quality of my videos there varies a lot, but i can get it better played/recorded if it is a more serious project.
Eddie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #8
SGstriker
Someone will die...

Sounds like the original! This is awesome!
The clicking bass is the only thing I hear that Im not big on. But you already explained that.
Awesome playing and awesome tones!

C4C on my full band cover as well? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1604250
SGstriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: