Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #21
Runty_WHALE

The Feedback and Advice is Much appreciated! THANK YOU!!!
Runty_WHALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #22
Sleepy__Head
A cornucopia of trivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty_WHALE
Like learning where is F# and C# and all those?

Yes.

Quote:
Whats the difference between a Major and Minor?

Honestly? It depends on which minor scale you mean (there are three). If all this is a bit confusing your best bet would be to go find yourself a theory site (Google 'Music theory') and get a-learnin'.

Quote:
By organized the songs i learn i do what exaxtly? maybe write them down in a book?

No, I mean: If your practice sessions consist of you playing through what you can remember then it sounds to me like you're lacking focus in what you're doing. Generally speaking practice sessions involve working on polishing things (technique, pieces, theory, whatever), rather than playing through whatever pops into your head. It sounds to me like what you're doing is just playing for fun rather than practicing per se. Not that there's anything wrong with playing for fun.
Sleepy__Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #23
Runty_WHALE

Is that finding where open chords are in the fret board?

And i know theres one that goes up and down the fret board i just dont know which besides the box one.

I know i do have some lack of focus when it comes to completing a song or i try to learn too much i forget about the others. And if i do i only get past the intros. I love playing i do think its really fun, but i just wanna break through this plateau.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #24
mdc
UG's Mr Chord Man

Tommy Emmanuel always said to learn your first song all the way through. Cuz it will stay with you forever.

You know TE? Probably the world's finest acoustic player. Pretty much as good as it gets. Check him out...
mdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #25
Sleepy__Head
A cornucopia of trivia

Quote:
Is that finding where open chords are in the fret board?

And i know theres one that goes up and down the fret board i just dont know which besides the box one.

I know i do have some lack of focus when it comes to completing a song or i try to learn too much i forget about the others. And if i do i only get past the intros. I love playing i do think its really fun, but i just wanna break through this plateau.

More like finding notes on the fretboard. And if you're stuck with open chords learn about chord construction and start working out chord voicings for yourself. There are many scales that go up and and down the fretboard. In fact any scale can go up and down the fretboard once you know the scale interval pattern.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #26
91RG350

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdc
Tommy Emmanuel always said to learn your first song all the way through. Cuz it will stay with you forever.

You know TE? Probably the world's finest acoustic player. Pretty much as good as it gets. Check him out...

He is such a great player
91RG350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #27
Sleepy__Head
A cornucopia of trivia

I'd never heard of him but I'm not much of a jazz fan so I guess that figures.

Judging from what I hear he'd not knocked Richard Thompson off my top-spot but I'm more of a sucker for folksy singer-songwriter stuff.

(That's his ex-wife singing, btw).
Old 11-07-2012, 04:42 AM   #28
Hail
kill both bass players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy__Head
(That's his ex-wife singing, btw).

it's getting late, i swore i read that as "That's my ex-wife singing, btw" and lolwatd quite fervently
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #29
Sleepy__Head
A cornucopia of trivia

Ah, it's 8.45 in the morning here

Not sure if I wish it were my ex-wife singing except to say that I'd maybe know RT. Which would be cool. Even if the bastard had stolen my wife. Which he hasn't.

Um.

Just sayin'.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #30
Runty_WHALE

What are song good intermediate songs to learn????
Old 02-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #31
Hail
kill both bass players

through the fire and the flames we carry on
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: