Yes, I would get married. 135 71.81%
No, I wouldn't bother. 53 28.19%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2013, 03:57 AM   #161
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
This bolded part is true, but there's still no reason why having a ceremony & such isn't a wonderful thing for many couples.

I completely agree, as I said earlier, I have no problem with wedding ceremonies and people publicly committing to each other and considering themselves as 'man and wife' from then on, but I find the legaly binding contract itself to be distasteful in something that is supposed to be all about the love that two people feel for each other.
If two people genuinely love each other, a legaly binding contract shouldn't be needed, if they don't genuinely love each other, then what's the point in them getting married in the first place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Nonetheless, the law requires that, so couples do that.

But why does the law require that? Why does the law consider that married couples, people who have signed a legaly binding marriage contract, should get advantages over non-married couples? What makes a contract between people who, it would seem, don't entirely trust each other more important to the government than the love shared by two people who don't feel the need to get 'legally' married

Slacker's Art Website.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: