Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-21-2015, 01:40 AM   #2921
romeozdistress

#ampeg
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster
Peavey Vypyr 30
Snark SN1

Squier Matt Freeman Precision Bass
Kustom KBA100
romeozdistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:52 PM   #2922
arielcastillo27

As a bass amp between the vypyr vip 1 and the rumble 25 how do they compare?
arielcastillo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:50 AM   #2923
romeozdistress

what is your budget?
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster
Peavey Vypyr 30
Snark SN1

Squier Matt Freeman Precision Bass
Kustom KBA100
romeozdistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:49 PM   #2924
jasonhelene

hello guys whats up?:? im new here, finally found this thread...i have some good questions:

1) Ive found the vypyr 60 tube amp all new ..ther are 60 pcs of them...do they worth the money?

2) Wich valves comes inside? all sovtek?

3) Is there any good alternative for them?
jasonhelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #2925
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Hey Jason,

I will try to help you. Did you buy this amp?

1.) Yes they are worth the money but I don't understand the "60 pcs of them" comment.

2.) Peavey typically doesn't have a standard brand they use for their amp - they use whatever is available at the time. Sovteks are pretty common. JJs are pretty common. Mine had JJs in it but I bought mine used.

3.) What do you mean alternative for them? Tubes or the amp itself?

I'm guessing you need tube/valve help and want to know what to buy is that correct?

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH : 05-20-2015 at 05:02 PM.
311ZOSOVHJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:28 PM   #2926
jasonhelene

I have a store here in brazil, the oficial peavey importer still have 60 vypyr model 60T in stock new...i ordered two for the store and im considering keep one for me,

about alternative im asking about tube amps that have simulations like these vypyr...i love the idea of two 6l6 and effects. Thanks for the answer!
Old 05-20-2015, 09:25 PM   #2927
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Wow.

The distributor has sixty Peavey Vypyr Tube 60s? Dang. That's pretty rare. They are not made any more and are very hard to find new. How much?

I personally would buy as many as your store can handle. My feeling is that someday these will be highly valued. I'm biased of course and get called out on this frequently.

As far as similar amps (for the same type of money) I don't think much can come close but here is a short list:

Line 6 Spider Valve
Vox Valvetronix series
Line 6 POD XT, HD500
Line 6 Flextone/Vetta (used)
Old 05-20-2015, 10:26 PM   #2928
jasonhelene

yeah i know that...i became very surprise when he told me, i went there to check and saw all them, there are two that should arrive here till monday i think, ill keep buying on demmand...and one of course is mine haha

You re right about the value...and they come with sanpera 1 all new for 533 usd...here in brazil an valve amp...dont cost less than 800 usd... just for comparision xD

i heard some about the bogner alchemist...did u ever tried it?
Old 05-20-2015, 10:31 PM   #2929
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

I just sent you your first potential customer for a Vypyr 60

I also wish I could buy another one new and just leave it in the box for like 10 years.

$533 USD is probably about right.

Yes, I've played the Alchemist several times. Decent tone for sure. Somewhat dark like a Valveking but better overdrive and really good cleans. Built in delay and reverb are well done too. Nice amp. Not sure I'd buy one but for the money they are good. They are kind of a love/hate amp. People either love them or hate them.

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH : 05-20-2015 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:50 PM   #2930
jasonhelene

HAHA wow...you re welcome, we can make it happen anytime you need hahaa

People told me that the bogner alchemist have amazing sound...but i could not find one to test myself haha...

I asked about the alternatives cause im very afraid of this gets over and then the time with " no vypyr valve amps avaliable" comes hahaha...Do you think peavey will make a new tube vypryr amp soon? i heard that the vip 3 series are not going so good as the other ones.

I cant imagine my world without the peavey vypyr valve amp....its the best of all worlds...*-*

Last edited by jasonhelene : 05-20-2015 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:14 PM   #2931
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

It is hard to say what Peavey will come out with in the future.

They hit a home run with the Vypyr. It is based on their original Transtube technology which has been around forever now. My guess is things will just get better and better as the technology grows.

The Rumor is there is a Peavey Vypyr VIP3 100 tube amp coming but I have not seen anything concrete on that. Pay close attention to the Vypyr forum on the Peavey web site.

Personally, I don't think the Spider Valve or Vox Valvetronix are as good as the Vypyr 60/120. It is a shame Peavey quit making them. I can't believe there are 60 brand new ones in Brazil.

I've never played the VIP amps. Some say they are not as good as the originals and others say they are better.

I love my Vypyr 60 and often play it just as much if not more than my more expensive amps. Lately - I've been running it into my 100w 8 ohm Splawn 212 cabinet (this is not ideal ohm wise) but it works. The cabinet is loaded with Splawn Smallblocks (higher wattage Greenback type speaker).

Guess what - I still have the volume out of the Vypyr's speaker so with just a touch of delay - I get this killer 3D stereo tone that just slays. So punchy. Diezel Red. Preamp gain 2pm. Post gain 12pm. Volume 12pm but sounds good all across the dial.

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH : 05-20-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:58 AM   #2932
jasonhelene

Hehehe yes im in love with it too and it didnt arrived yet...when it gets here ill make a video and an unbox for you hahaha....if peavey introduce vypyr 100 tube again would be amazing...i tested today the vox valvetronix, not even close as far as i saw it....good for brit sounds but on high gain it sucks
Old 05-21-2015, 08:49 PM   #2933
Danustar

Quote:
Diezel Red. Preamp gain 2pm. Post gain 12pm. Volume 12pm
Ouch .. Do you live underground?

Also, while we're talking, does anyone actually make use of the Tubescreamer? I find the other boosts quite excellent but the TS is so damn noisy .. even with everything zeroed. I haven't been following this thread so it could be old news. Only gripe with the Vypyr (30 fyi): really wish there was a gate function.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:51 PM   #2934
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhelene
Hehehe yes im in love with it too and it didnt arrived yet...when it gets here ill make a video and an unbox for you hahaha....if peavey introduce vypyr 100 tube again would be amazing...i tested today the vox valvetronix, not even close as far as i saw it....good for brit sounds but on high gain it sucks

Cool. I'll look for your NAD thread when I get back from weekend get away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danustar
Ouch .. Do you live underground?

Also, while we're talking, does anyone actually make use of the Tubescreamer? I find the other boosts quite excellent but the TS is so damn noisy .. even with everything zeroed. I haven't been following this thread so it could be old news. Only gripe with the Vypyr (30 fyi): really wish there was a gate function.

My mancave is in the basement and it is fully carpeted and drywalled. Master usually at 11 o'clock or so. 11 or 12 o'clock. Again, that's a clock setting not an amp dial setting. So really - about half way up on the dial. 12 noon.

I don't use any of the boosts. No need.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:28 PM   #2935
jasonhelene

MAn about the Tube Screamer, i suggest you to use the BB pre amp or similar, its just perfect to me!
Old 05-23-2015, 08:35 PM   #2936
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311ZOSOVHJH
It is hard to say what Peavey will come out with in the future.

They hit a home run with the Vypyr. It is based on their original Transtube technology which has been around forever now. My guess is things will just get better and better as the technology grows.

The Rumor is there is a Peavey Vypyr VIP3 100 tube amp coming but I have not seen anything concrete on that. Pay close attention to the Vypyr forum on the Peavey web site.

Personally, I don't think the Spider Valve or Vox Valvetronix are as good as the Vypyr 60/120. It is a shame Peavey quit making them. I can't believe there are 60 brand new ones in Brazil.

I've never played the VIP amps. Some say they are not as good as the originals and others say they are better.

I love my Vypyr 60 and often play it just as much if not more than my more expensive amps. Lately - I've been running it into my 100w 8 ohm Splawn 212 cabinet (this is not ideal ohm wise) but it works. The cabinet is loaded with Splawn Smallblocks (higher wattage Greenback type speaker).

Guess what - I still have the volume out of the Vypyr's speaker so with just a touch of delay - I get this killer 3D stereo tone that just slays. So punchy. Diezel Red. Preamp gain 2pm. Post gain 12pm. Volume 12pm but sounds good all across the dial.

Haven't tried the Vypyr 60/120, but I think my Valvetronix 30 had better cleans than my Vypyr does.
But the Vypyr does higher gain MUCH, MUCH better than the Vox did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I'm sorry that we won't validate your decision, we give advice here, not good feelings.

My friends call me Rob.
CodeMonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: