Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
omertaxtasy

What Guitar! Help!

Budget : Under $1500 [USD]
Style : Rock 'N' Roll (GnR type), Progressive Rock and Over-driven blues mostly. A little bit of metal too sometimes.
Choices (According to my priority. These are my selected guitars, open to mother suggestions!) :

1. Epiphone Slash Les Paul Goldtop [http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Le...l-Goldtop.aspx] I love the sound of it, only not sure whether they still make these. Where to get one if I rest my case on this?
2. Epiphone LP Custom
3. Fender American Standard Strat
4. Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
5. Epiphone ZW Bullseye
6. Dean Dave Mustaine Angel of Death
7. Gibson Flying V
8. Fender American Standard Telecaster

Open to more suggestions! And I'll be grateful to the person who answers the question about the slash goldtop.

Thanks a ton!
omertaxtasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
steven seagull
not really a seagull

You really need to tell us where you are in the world, because if you give your budget in USD people will naturally assume that you're in the US.

I can tell that you aren't simply because your budget is suspiciously high for the guitars you're looking at, but not everyone on the boards is that bright unfortunately.

So, tell us where you actualy are in the world, give your budget in LOCAL currency and give an idea of what things sell for in your country, because the prices will be vastly different to those in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
steven seagull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
omertaxtasy

I'm in India. Locality wise, my budget would be under say 75-80,000. That is around 1500$, as far as I can assume. Going by the prices that stores in the US flash, say I'm under $1000.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
dannyalcatraz

Don't know if you can or not, but if you're interested in the Fenders, check out guitars from Godin and G&L. They are very similar in terms of quality- sometimes better- and tend to be just a little bit less expensive. Both companies offer "Strat" bodied guitars in a variety of pickup configurations, including SSS and HSS.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
lamb of dog
Satan's noisy neighbour

Your biggest problem would be finding the guitar that ur looking for......indian musical stores dont carry a large selection of guitars.....especially high end....

Having said that personally tone-wise i would choose gibson(les paul standard) especially for blues and overdriven stuff.
Welcome! Now do yourself a favor and run away. Run as far away from gear forums as is humaly possible! If you follow this advice, you'll be able to tell your grandchildren about the guy who saved you from yourself.

Last edited by lamb of dog : 11-21-2012 at 02:21 PM.
lamb of dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
ne14t

Sounds like the Les Paul styled guitar would be right up your alley, unforunately in regards to the Epiphone Slash Gold Top it is out of production, you may still be able to find a used one for sale but they no longer make them new, same with the Appetite Les Paul. But I can say if you like the Slash Gold Top you should check out the Joe Bonamassa Gold Top from Epiphone there are some minor differences

-Black Plastic pieces instead of Cream, can be changed for like $40
-Pickup covers, can be removed for free
-Mismatched control knobs, can be matched up for like $20

Biggest upside is this guitar comes with a set of real Gibson Burstbuckers which is one of their most popular pickups aside from the 57 Classics, most likely 4-wire as well since I think only guitars made in house at Gibson come with two wire otherwise if you buy a pickup from them it is a 4 wire making it easy to add it coil splits or phase stuff.
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
ne14t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
travislausch
UG's Haibane Renmei fan.

Personally, I'd go with none of those. I'm not really a fan of LPs or Strats.

But Telecasters are pretty solid and their tone is pretty decent for many different styles.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:42 AM   #8
omertaxtasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb of dog
Your biggest problem would be finding the guitar that ur looking for......indian musical stores dont carry a large selection of guitars.....especially high end....

Having said that personally tone-wise i would choose gibson(les paul standard) especially for blues and overdriven stuff.

I get your point. But online indian services aren't bad at all. My friend got a fine Gibson LP standard from bajaao.com Yeah, but I'll keep that in mind

The slash LP is the best buy, but damn those production issues. How much would a Gibson Slash Signature Goldtop cost? Any idea at all? It it's somewhere near, I'll nick some more. How about the Zakk Wylde LP? It doesn't go with blues.

I know. Telecasters are amazing too
Old 11-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #9
jeffo46

There are some dealers on E-bay that might have the Epiphone Slash LP still availble, but you'll have to see if they're willing to ship overseas and what their rates are. That would be your best bet. If not that, then considering your budget, you could always see about getting a Gibson Les Paul studio faded which sells for $799.99, or a SG Faded which is about $100.00 less. Both are quality guitars which are suited for the genre of music that you play.
jeffo46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: