Old 10-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #981
SteveHouse
trys hard, loves the game

i sell u shavs 20ex i have one

not sure why theyre so expensive anyway shit i mean theyre just shitty boots

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (・ω・`)

SteveHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:13 PM   #982
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

i specified wrappings. >:(

worst part of this whole deal is i dont even get to use the shavs i am the worst negotiator ever 11

Florida Panthers 2014-2015
2 - 2 - 0
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:31 AM   #983
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

#whydidisignupforthis

2 - 2 - 0
Old 10-07-2014, 02:24 AM   #984
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

rough build to go with it:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...zL31_jr-oD60vsJ

needs one unset ring to have perfect links (convocation, vaal disc, flesh offering and desecrate are all necessary for a summoner, bone offering shouldnt be necessary with 4 inc duration evans)

with a heavy mf focus you can theoretically drop flesh offering. its a lot of dps lost but meh. personally i would rather run it.

it will be incomplete until you can get the levels to run all of the auras and stuff properly. searing touch was sold as part of operation shavs so you will have to get to merc ledge or so with lifesprig flameblast -> searing.

less levels essentially = less auras. focus on those last imo. nice thing is aura nodes buff minions and allow you to get away with quite a bit of mf.

sh is owed 2 ex as i used him to raise enough to snag that beaut of a shavs off a guy in a sneaky fashion. i am owed 2 ex as well but that is okay because i am owed a perfect non-legacy shavs.

2 - 2 - 0

Last edited by Thrashtastic15 : 10-07-2014 at 02:26 AM.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:41 AM   #985
CaptainRon
Thank You Uncle Feaster

I see that you know your judo well. Good one.
CaptainRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:57 AM   #986
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

watched that last night actually lol

2 - 2 - 0
Old 10-09-2014, 05:56 AM   #987
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

Even on a sub-optimal base I found such a sick helm. I yolo-exalted it for the achievement (whatever why not) and I rolled 68 life lol.

+2 minion
44 int
90% armour
68 life
44% fire
44% cold

if it had dex oh man.

Tinkering around with the MF capable summoner build I want to run next league as an alternative to dual totem and man would that helmet be sick. Marauder with dual curse (possibility for tri-curse but that removes MF potential), witch flask nodes, enough dexterity and either 184 or 204% increased life without sacrificing any essential summon nodes.

I would have the option to choose whether I would prefer to cull or dual curse I think would be the most effective way to manage links (swap enfeeble/temporal/curse on hit arc with faster casting/item rarity/culling strike arc)

Would leave a 4l for my essential auras (probably a purity, vitality and purity of elements) and a 3l for my generosity hatred. a helm like i found for zombie, chest for spectres, mont for desecrate -> convocation -> flesh offering

then would 5l 6s and use either portal or bone offering. has potential to use belly and get insane flasks and life.

full tree would look like this

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...ej6gPrS_Ev8xf4K

only downside would be losing a potential 30 rarity in shield slot. could possibly run with stormsail anyways considering how tanky this beaut is.

to trim i would probably cut out athleticism cluster and dual curse because i love the flaks effectiveness nodes, resistances from tree, DEXTERITY, and potential to spec into iron reflexes and run grace (buffs my minions and me hello). flame totems are nice but i feel like culling takes timing anyways with div so may as well get a bit more utility out of it.

i will likely run a variation of this build for the next league. searing bond will allow me to level to merciless without issue and from there summoners wreck face.

edit: oh yeah and im up this late because i joined some mfer's mapping party and he just kept throwing up free 71/73s so you bet yr ass i kept melting them. nearly 88.

2 - 2 - 0
Old 10-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #988
CaptainRon
Thank You Uncle Feaster

Okay thinking time. I have three points to spend as I don't see grabbing more life as a possibilility until much higher levels.

Do I grab:
28% inc mana
3% of damage gained as mana when hit (Battle Rouse)

or
20% inc mana
12% RMC (Dynamo)

I think ultimately I'll want more life when I can manage the points. For now, I need to make a decision.

I'm curious about the wording "when hit". If it doesn't apply to all damage, then I think the RMC route is better as it will give me ~5% buffed MoM (buffed regen that will go to MoM and not incinerate) while I'm running incinerate (assuming half of my mana regen goes to incinerate, which is probably true). The Battle Rouse route gives more inc mana, and really turns the MoM almost into 37% MoM (but with the effect of 40%), although I imagine there's a delay between taking a hit and having that mana added, which means its useless against big hits.

The nice thing about Battle Rouse is that while it won't apply to save you from big hits, it will make recovering from them much easier. If I have 2k mana and take 5k in damage, it will knock my mana out, but immediately after give me 3% of the hit back, so I'll get a free 150 mana back, which can then go to mitigating subsequent smaller hits (the thing that I imagine kills you moreso than the second big hit, as you can avoid the second big hit).

...but the Dynamo wheel effectively does the same thing by making incinerate consume less and giving better MoM regen.

Wat do.

Edit: I suppose the Battle Rouse wheel buffs the mana pool more, so I'll get a marginal amount extra regen from that... probably what I'm going to go with. I have a feeling this node does a lot more for you then it would seem from just reading the text.

Last edited by CaptainRon : 10-09-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #989
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

It would help if I could have a peak at what your tree looks like right now. I'm personally not a huge fan of RMC nodes. Most of the time when your mana dips to the point where you genuinely do need the regen to pick it back up you won't be casting incinerate. You warp, reposition, leech a bit/regain flasks and warp back in.

In my experience the mana cost of incinerate is rather easy to handle. You won't even be running AA. Get Battle Rouse if those are the two options you have decided upon.

I made a post about my Apep's tree in a thread where a guy starts going on about an infernal mantle Iron Will incinerate marauder. My son there is hope for you yet.

2 - 2 - 0
Old 10-13-2014, 06:43 AM   #990
CaptainRon
Thank You Uncle Feaster

Spell Echo was double casting Raise Spectre. hence why I couldn't get 3 simultaneous bubbles in a row.

Derp.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:28 PM   #991
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

I finally found a slight issue with my build for the new league. Scion doesn't get searing bond as a quest reward. =/

2 - 2 - 0
Old 10-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #992
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

however i did realize i have enough links to cull with a flame totem 4l or some other means as well as use a dual curse arc when i stack mf next league, so that's nice.

2 - 2 - 0
Old 10-20-2014, 02:35 AM   #993
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

so um hope ya got that all sh because =[

2 - 2 - 0
Old 10-20-2014, 03:29 AM   #994
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

raise spectre - inc duration - minion damage - added fire - spell echo

may have to drop minion dmg for sheer sanity

edit: okay so if i buy a +1 doedre and a tabula i can do curse on hit with 6 curses, lol.

2 - 2 - 0

Last edited by Thrashtastic15 : 10-20-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:23 AM   #995
CaptainRon
Thank You Uncle Feaster

preliminary theorycraft (pretty much planning for a possible CoD caster nerf)

CI incinerate (not sure if incinerate is the best skill but :3) with Incandescent Heart. Incandescent Heart will knock any ele damage that gets to me down by 25%. At 75% ele resist, this gives an effective extra 6.25% resist, putting me at 81.25% resistance. If I used Saffells (probably impossible cause low ES), I could hit an effective resistance of (100-79)*0.25 + 79 = 84.25%. Pretty damn snazzy for a build with no purity auras or +max spec'd from tree.

Idea is to use Zealots oath to regen ES as a pseudo-MoM, I've gotten 5% from the tree using a scion start. Then pick up ghost reaver and run Doryani's Belt (and probably the sceptre because hey why not). That gives 2% ES leech from ele damage.

Pick up as much ES as possible

Fair estimates for gear ES:
Shield - either Saff's (so 50 ES + 150 armour and great ele mitigation) or my baby (300 ES and ana regen)
Helm (150 ES)
Armour - Incandescent Heart (800 armour + 225 ES)
Gloves (150 ES?)
Belt - Doryani's (300 armour)
Boots - strides probably bis (110 ES)
Ring 1 - probably Dream Fragments cause freezing :/ Also helps a lot with mana for incini/AA
Ring 2 - some rare, maybe Le Heup if I'm feeling arrogant enough

Tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...i94RI XGvDbQ==

Haven't looked at possibilities with other starts. This tree gives 276% increased ES, +54 base ES, 15% more max ES. Discipline will give at least 318 ES at level 20.

74% increased armour from tree... really wanted to make this more of a focus (main idea behind this is incinerates two biggest killers are heavy phys and chaos damage).

Even then, adding up all ES (not using Saffs, using decent shield), I only come out to 5.6k ES.

tl;dr CI is complete garbage. It would cost so much to do it properly that it becomes an issue of "why not LL Shavs".

Old 10-21-2014, 12:34 AM   #996
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

the problem is that CI's main issue is getting a big mana pool and significant mana regen, which is the primary concern of incinerate. It doesn't get the insane blood rage buff low life does but it still is something that you want to take advantage of.

phys is irrelevant when you stack block and have enough mitigation to not get one shot when it comes to incinerate.

2 - 2 - 0
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #997
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

"Improved the generation of corrupted side areas in the Archives area."

thanks a lot reddit. get cancer.

edit: oh well, i'll find a new method soon enough. something to theorycraft i guess. will probably make my profit margins higher when i do find my replacement.

2 - 2 - 0

Last edited by Thrashtastic15 : Yesterday at 10:09 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM   #998
CaptainRon
Thank You Uncle Feaster

I think the best part is we were exploiting a very minor thing and it still took us 2 weeks of a ridiculous amount of farming to get one single Shavs. I guess in order to get anything in this game GGG want you to be a PoT player instead of a blue-collar third line grinder using their smarts to make a career in the show.

Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM   #999
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

Honestly, it's not a big deal. If I can't find another legitimate way to farm fragments at a reasonable rate I'll just use a program to count load times to determine if there is a master/corrupted zone in the instance. I'm smarter than GGG, I'm not too worried. A little annoying I have to put the work in again but I'm confident that I am a craftier player than the masses that eventually got leaked my method.

edit: i also have multiple full tabs of fragments on standard. so this just increases the value of the farming I did pre-forsaken.

2 - 2 - 0

Last edited by Thrashtastic15 : Yesterday at 10:19 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #1000
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

Now that I think about it, they nerfed the method I used to farm fragments pre-forsaken too. I'm kind of a wily vet when it comes to finding exploitable oversights.

2 - 2 - 0

Rate This Thread: