Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Today, 12:15 AM   #46141
Wormholes
UG Newbie

Yeah but if Roman is Cena 2.0, bryan is never seeing that title again, also WWE won't do another face vs face title match. And Cena still has to get the title at least two more times before he retires cause LOL ric flair is a vanilla midget.

Last edited by Wormholes : Today at 12:16 AM.
Wormholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:01 AM   #46142
Cianyx
UG Nerd

The Citizen Kane of pro-wrestling

Old Today, 05:23 AM   #46143
phlip999
UG's Merc With A Mouth

All I'm going to say is that the WWE can't just keep trying to force things. Just because you want it to happen doesn't mean the fans want it to happen. Shoving Roman out there because of family ties or because "he looks like a champion" (which is a bullshit reason by today's standards) only for him to get shat on, and then having The Rock come out so they BOTH get shat on, is not helping the wrestler OR the company. The way they put Reigns over was so ham-fisted they may as well have just given him the Mania match flatout before the Rumble started and told the crowd to deal with it.
Old Today, 05:15 PM   #46144
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlip999
All I'm going to say is that the WWE can't just keep trying to force things. Just because you want it to happen doesn't mean the fans want it to happen. Shoving Roman out there because of family ties or because "he looks like a champion" (which is a bullshit reason by today's standards) only for him to get shat on, and then having The Rock come out so they BOTH get shat on, is not helping the wrestler OR the company. The way they put Reigns over was so ham-fisted they may as well have just given him the Mania match flatout before the Rumble started and told the crowd to deal with it.

Totally.

It wasn't just a D-bry thing either. They had other people that could've fit in that spot better. Not just smarky answers too like Ziggler.

I mean Wyatt could've won it and I highly doubt he would've gotten shat on to that extent. Heck, I kind of figured that's what they were going for at the beginning and I was super into it. When he got dumped I was surprised.

What I'm not into is Reigns shitting on the mic, trying to act tough and end up looking dumb. I'm not into Reigns getting this hotshot angle when he could benefit more from working upper-midcard and getting some experience/support from the fans. WWE has people that are ready, and are basically just THAT close to being made. They just need 1 thing to solidify it as being significant. RR could've been that for them. Heck Reigns just started, he has TONS of chances to win a rumble.

Roman Reigns winning a rumble isn't significant. Story wise it doesn't even make sense. Heck, why not have somebody actually feuding with the authority win it and actually get a decent angle going? Ziggler getting fired, getting wind in the rumble and winning? THAT is significant. It means something because he was struggling against the authority and now he outlasts the other guys and gets his shot at revenge.

That being said. I did like the Roman/Brock interaction on Raw. I still think they missed a big opportunity.

I know people will say "well hur hur thats not what WWE wants" and great that's all good. I'm aware of that but for people to imply that WWE should be doing shit like this "because they can" is silly and defeatist. I know people like to argue and say that "o well ur favorite didnt win lololol so ur mad at least its not cena" but I personally am not that invested in the characters anymore to even have favorites. It's hard to be invested when everything is a mess on the show.

Sorry for the wall of text

Only at times, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
There are sites called plushdotyiff where people talk about yiffing plushies

Axel in heat.

Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R : Today at 05:17 PM.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:26 PM   #46145
Wormholes
UG Newbie

They really should have had him win the rumble last year even though he as still green(and still is). Sure the shield were all over, but we all liked them because we did and they were awesome. Not because we were forced to like them. They got over organically.

Vince really needs to stop with the whole having one guy on the entire roster being THE guy. Even after cena retires from the ring. He's obviously still going to represent them, have merch, and do all the charity things he's done. They don't need a "company man". They need to build up multiple talent. Even though I'm not a fan of the attitude era, they didn't have just one guy over. They had Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH, Taker, Dudleys, Hardys, E & C, etc etc. All of which were pretty equally over with the crowd. They could have built up guys like Cesaro and ziggler, amongst others, to be on the level of those I listed. Really the only two people they could still do that with are Wyatt and Ambrose because they are both under 30 and might still be around 5-10 years from now.

Just because no wrestling company will ever be as big as them doesn't need mean they can be lazy and not make their product consistently good.

Last edited by Wormholes : Today at 05:31 PM.
Old Today, 05:34 PM   #46146
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormholes
They really should have had him win the rumble last year even though he as still green(and still is). Sure the shield were all over, but we all liked them because we did and they were awesome. Not because we were forced to like them. They got over organically.

Vince really needs to stop with the whole having one guy on the entire roster being THE guy. Even after cena retires from the ring. He's obviously still going to represent them, have merch, and do all the charity things he's done. They don't need a "company man". They need to build up multiple talent. Even though I'm not a fan of the attitude era, they didn't have just one guy over. They had Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH, Taker, Dudleys, Hardys, E & C, etc etc. All of which were pretty equally over with the crowd. They could have built up guys like Cesaro and ziggler, amongst others, to be on the level of those I listed. Really the only two people they could still do that with are Wyatt and Ambrose because they are both under 30 and might still be around 5-10 years from now.

I totally agree. The crowd was behind him last year. He had the momentum going from the shield stuff.

Unfortunately, he's done nothing since, has been injured and really isn't as hot as his shield contemporaries IMO. (Even with how much they cooled Ambrose off)

What you said about attitude was spot on too. I remember everybody and people had something to do. Even if it was stupid stories like Al Snow (poor pepper) vs Bossman or Crash Holly doing the hardcore shtick, Team ECK, Val Venis + Kaientai. I cared about tag team guys, I hated the bad guys and I wanted to see everything. Everything felt important.

Now? Fuck I hardly know who the champs are. I don't care about contenders and why would I since they killed what the titles meant? We get the same matches day after day, when other interesting matchups are right there, we get essentially the same guys on top from 5 years ago, still around and still on top while WWE stuggles to get people over.

Like, is it really that bad that Dolph/Ambrose/Bryan has the strap? They'd be perfect transitional champions. They don't have to be Bruno/Hogan/Punk. BUT Bruno/Hogan/Cena still needed people like Kowalski/Macho/Punk to make things interesting. If they weren't a threat to them, NOBODY cares and that's what WWE doesn't understand.

Nobody is a threat anymore when you job them down the totem pole like you were a firefighter.

It's wrestling. The product starts with wrestling and that's why I got into it. Not the soap opera BS storylines. I wish WWE would realize that. Producing a 20 minute promo that barely advances a story doesn't make me want to watch and doesn't make you better than run-of-the-mill wrasslin that Vince hates so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwaterson89
You know what amazes me? We all cry for change. Yet we got that last night. Cena didn't win the title for the 16th time last night. We got new Tag champs. Lesnar was the beast that he suppose to be. Young blood won the rumble last night and we got few big names surprises. However people are still crying #cancelWWEnetwork. What is funny? We are getting changes. NXT is exploding with talent down there. Guys who were in NXT are in top tier matches in the WWE right now. However we still cry for change. Maybe we should just grow up and realize that the product is getting better finally after years of the same crap. We can cry how bad the authority is but NWO and Vince held a stranglehold like that before. We call that the golden age now. Maybe we should just realize it is entertainment, if we dont like it there are other promotions out there. Maybe we should be present and realize the changes that are being made. Maybe we should just enjoy the ride.

We aren't getting changes. We're getting new faces with the same old carny WWE booking.

Maybe we shouldn't be forced to enjoy the ride if it's bumpy and uncomfortable. I dont blame anybody for not wanting to support something they don't enjoy.

Only at times, though.

Quote:

Axel in heat.

Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R : Today at 05:42 PM.
Old Today, 05:44 PM   #46147
Wormholes
UG Newbie

Exactly. I mean I don't expect someone like adam rose or Tyson kidd to be world champ or in the mainevent picture. But that doesn't mean they can't still build them up and make them more than meaningless jobbers and filler. They have 3 hour ppvs, 3 hour raws, smackdown, mainevent, and nxt. They have plenty of airtime to focus on more than two feuds at a time.
Old Today, 05:52 PM   #46148
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormholes
Exactly. I mean I don't expect someone like adam rose or Tyson kidd to be world champ or in the mainevent picture. But that doesn't mean they can't still build them up and make them more than meaningless jobbers and filler. They have 3 hour ppvs, 3 hour raws, smackdown, mainevent, and nxt. They have plenty of airtime to focus on more than two feuds at a time.

Ugh that's the dumbest part too. They basically use the extra shows like SD/ME etc... to further their main storylines while ignoring everybody else. Those shows could be used to advance other characters and put the spotlight on them as apposed to RAW. Heck even HEAT had those cool angles like the Raven thing etc....

That's why I liked it when the shows did the brand split. At least at that point the shows were essentially running 2 different things. Like when SD broke off with Heyman and you had the amazing 03-06 run? Great shit and really how the shows should be. Seperate rosters and seperate stories.

I don't need 5 and a half hours of Cena/Rusev a week. I'd appreciate them more and be less burnt out too.

Only at times, though.

Quote:

Axel in heat.
Old Today, 05:58 PM   #46149
Wormholes
UG Newbie

I really hope the reports of Daniel Bryan wanting to rebuild smackdown and be it's guy, like the rock originally was come to fruition. Building it back up and bringing back the brand extension would defiantly help the product.
Old Today, 06:00 PM   #46150
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

Id be okay with that. Daniel can carve out a decent niche that way too.

SD can go back to being the wrestling show and they can keep the BS on RAW

Only at times, though.

Quote:

Axel in heat.

Rate This Thread: