Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #21
ariochprime

Quote:
I've been thinking about going stereo actually, cause I'm the only guitarist in my band, so I feel it might help spread the sound and fill the room a bit better, or at least make it more interesting... Plus it would sure make some delays and panning effects fun!... just need another amp!... lol

I would never go back to mono, if you get a stereo poweramp you would only need one amp. Thats what i did, still need 2 cabs tho. And ya it makes all the difference, i could play a gig without our damn bassist with those 2 recto cabs haha
ariochprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #22
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech

So what you are saying is that you are stepping on the bass player's toes? You do realise that you are the guitarist, no?
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
Cathbard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #23
Drewbaby1124

I have a line 6 with an Ampeg SVT 120 half stack I run that great tube sounds with out the loss of space plus sometimes I don't even need that I just need the spider 50 Watt .
Drewbaby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #24
Paroxysm

My rack consisted of a gmajor, korg tuner, rocktron hush, and furman power conditioner. I controller my gmajor with an art-11 midi controller to switch effects and channel. So useful.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #25
ariochprime

Quote:
So what you are saying is that you are stepping on the bass player's toes? You do realise that you are the guitarist, no?

With a Mesa Mpulse 600 and an Ampeg 8x10 he can cut through the mix pretty well when he wants lol
ariochprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #26
Dysprosium

I just in the last month started to move to a rack setup. I'm not really a big effects user, for me it was the freedom of separating the preamp and power amp. There's no reason you can't mix rack equipment and stompboxes though. I love my new setup though, Peavey Rockmaster and Classic 60/60 into a Fender HM4-12B(the cab I've had for 16 years through a few heads). Definitely lacking in the cleans, but it gets clean enough for anything I use it for. I think it's an amazing metal setup.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: