Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Modern Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #7641
steve_muse
Never had this before

Ha, **** me! I'm good man, what about yourself? Did your old account vanish or you can't remember the password or something?

Man when this thread was active with you, George, Corey etc I was still in my immature cringey adolescent UG phase. bad times
steve_muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #7642
wiggywasok

I'm good too thanks mate. Ah long story haha.

Those were the days! Sort of... are you now just an immature cringey 20-something? What are you up to these days man? And what the **** happened to this place?
wiggywasok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:48 PM   #7643
steve_muse
Never had this before

hehe, I'm a perfectly well rounded individual now thank ya. I'm at uni studying eng lit now, in my final year and I love it, really dread leaving. This actually reminds me of a post you made here about Heart of Darkness and I said I read it and I didn't get it the horror!

I dunno, you all left, Corey has a kid, you and George left together holding hands, Zach's like a ghost now. Things... fall apart (LOL LITERATURE GEDDIT)

What're you upto? Last I heard you were in love with some lucky gal I think
Old 10-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #7644
wiggywasok

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_muse
hehe, I'm a perfectly well rounded individual now thank ya. I'm at uni studying eng lit now, in my final year and I love it, really dread leaving. This actually reminds me of a post you made here about Heart of Darkness and I said I read it and I didn't get it the horror!

I dunno, you all left, Corey has a kid, you and George left together holding hands, Zach's like a ghost now. Things... fall apart (LOL LITERATURE GEDDIT)

What're you upto? Last I heard you were in love with some lucky gal I think

The horror! Great book. Leaving uni is scary, the real world is proper gash at times. I would've loved to have done literature at uni. I'm currently reading The Tin Drum which is hard work.

Corey has a kid? Madness, good luck to the guy. There was such a strange/good community here, I vaguely miss it.

Ummm yes, we have been together around four and a half years now! She's good. I did a degree in Conservation Biology & Ecology and am currently working as an ecological consultant doing environmental surveys and the like, which is pretty decent. Wouldn't mind going into more research though. Still heavily involved in music, that's the main goal.

I see you've been listening to a lot of Swans & Aphex Twin & Tim Hecker, good man.

Last edited by wiggywasok : 10-19-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #7645
Uber-rocker
tell us your final wish

Everyone comes back to UG eventually..
Uber-rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #7646
steve_muse
Never had this before

^the modern rock renaissance begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggywasok
The horror! Great book. Leaving uni is scary, the real world is proper gash at times. I would've loved to have done literature at uni. I'm currently reading The Tin Drum which is hard work.

Corey has a kid? Madness, good luck to the guy. There was such a strange/good community here, I vaguely miss it.

Ummm yes, we have been together around four and a half years now! She's good. I did a degree in Conservation Biology & Ecology and am currently working as an ecological consultant doing environmental surveys and the like, which is pretty decent. Wouldn't mind going into more research though. Still heavily involved in music, that's the main goal.

I see you've been listening to a lot of Swans & Aphex Twin & Tim Hecker, good man.

Yeah I can imagine. Oh German literature, I should get more of that. Only really read Herman Hesse who's pretty special anyway. unless marx counts

Sweet man, one of my mates is doing marine biology and she gets to go on cool trips in beautiful locations. Yea, research is always more interesting/fun. Sweet, you got a soundcloud page or anything?

Ahh nice one! This new year's me and my gf will have been together for 4 years. scary stuff.

Yes, my music taste's matured too (although I don't think it was too bad back then, muse fanboyism aside <__<). I only got into Swans recently, I own To Be Kind on vinyl now, shit's bangin'. And yeaa I've been into much more electric music recently. Aphex is wild, Hecker's chilling. Have you heard Baths? He's probs my favourite in that department. New thom Yorke album's really good too.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #7647
wiggywasok

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_muse
^the modern rock renaissance begins

Yeah I can imagine. Oh German literature, I should get more of that. Only really read Herman Hesse who's pretty special anyway. unless marx counts

Sweet man, one of my mates is doing marine biology and she gets to go on cool trips in beautiful locations. Yea, research is always more interesting/fun. Sweet, you got a soundcloud page or anything?

Ahh nice one! This new year's me and my gf will have been together for 4 years. scary stuff.

Yes, my music taste's matured too (although I don't think it was too bad back then, muse fanboyism aside <__<). I only got into Swans recently, I own To Be Kind on vinyl now, shit's bangin'. And yeaa I've been into much more electric music recently. Aphex is wild, Hecker's chilling. Have you heard Baths? He's probs my favourite in that department. New thom Yorke album's really good too.

Indeed, doing what I'm doing at the moment, it's just full of bureaucratic gobshite and mitigation rather than doing anything massively worthwhile.

I don't have a soundcloud, I'm just making noises in Ableton and seeing what happens. Some of it's ok but I won't put anything up unless I'm really proud of it. I'm pretty shit at guitar these days unfortunately. Are you doing anything musically?

Holy shit, well done Steve, four ****ing years!

Ah man, To Be Kind is great, I don't think it's got shit on The Seer though, absolutely love that album. Yep Baths are cool, and I've only listened to Thom's album once, didn't grab me that much, I'll have to give it another go. Love me some Jon Hopkins and Flying Lotus at the moment. Daphni's pretty sick too.

It would be hilarious if all the oldies started posting a bit again, doesn't look like it's gonna happen though haha.

Rate This Thread: