Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
cbeech12

Broken Seymour duncan AHB 2 pickup

Hey, my pickup has been making a crackling noise over the top of the original sound for ages now and I haven't been able to get rid of it. I even re wired my whole guitar and it was still there. The neck pick up worked fine, it was just this pick up that didn't work. I then switched them round and the AHB 2 (in the neck positions) was still crackily. I have concluded that it is the pick up that is broken. Is there anyway of fixing it? I wasn't aware a pickup could even break!? Is it the pre-amp that has broken? What do you people suggest doing? Asking SD for a refund (although I have had it about 2 years now so warranty will be long gone)? Buying a new pickup? Using the working AHB-1 neck pickup in the bridge position? My band is supposed to be recording our EP this sunday, but I don't really fancy splashing out loads of money on a new pick up.
cbeech12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: