Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
kdavewhite

ultimate-guitar not recognizing that I have Guitar Pro installed

Need some help.

I have Guitar Pro 6 installed on my laptop, however, when I pull up a Guitar Pro tab, it's prompted me to download the trail version. I want to be able to save off the tab onto my local drive so I can load it into Guitar Pro.

Any thoughts?
kdavewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
rmckee22

Same issue here!
rmckee22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
supergohan931

Sounds like you're clicking on tabs for "Tab Pro" instead of "Guitar Pro". Tab Pro is UG's tab app, it's not the same thing.

Edit:
Scratch that, apparently they've changed it so you have to look at an ad for Tab Pro before you can download a guitar pro tab now. Pretty lame.

Last edited by supergohan931 : 04-12-2013 at 01:08 AM.
supergohan931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #4
J.D.Soto

Not only that, they've now made it to where the only way to download a Guitar Pro tab is to "register as a new member" or sign in. This is my first post as I am new (thanks to the new rule I just mentioned), maybe if enough people bitch about this we can have it revoked. When I stumble onto Ultimate-Guitar I want the fastest experience. I hate the enormous ads that sometimes enlarge themselves without any contact and, well, the ads in general. I hate to be bitching and whining about the site because I do frequent it fairly often, but **** me it's only because this is the only place to find the tabs that I'm looking for. If somebody can recommend a different, less persistent and pushy website I'd love to try it out. **** this place.
J.D.Soto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:09 AM   #5
Thomas48

I have the same experience. I've been using Ultimate-gt. with Guitar Pro for many years (without beeing a member), and now it suddenly doesn't Work. The window "download song" doesn't appear. I'll try and write to them and post the answer here :-)
Thomas48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:32 AM   #6
zhongwen
Banned

however, when I pull up a Guitar Pro tab
, it's prompted me to download the trail version
zhongwen is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: