Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
Angelicc

C4C Rock Song with Solo

Just a song I had in my head for awhile thought I would throw it out there for critique, just curious what anyone thinks. C4C as always
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 SongAfterMidterms.gp5 (33.4 KB, 89 views)
Angelicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

beginning isnt too bad, not my personal cup of tea, but cant really say anything bad about it. then it has this very abrupt "transition" to a kind of typical "fall of ideals"-style metalcore riff at measure 11. subtlety is not too prevalent here lol. the riffs not to bad, just pretty generic. then you have that weird rhythm on measure 23 that keeps coming up. its weird; its in 4/4, but it sounds so off time. not really a fan of it. the riff on measure 34 is pretty cool. would be cooler if you used harmonic minor on measure 41 though

is measure 55 supposed to be the solo? if so, it sounds an awful lot like a lot of your other leads. i would try making it more like a solo and less like an ordinary lead. not to mention the drum rhythm behind it is awfully weak. maybe you were going for a more slow, meaningful ballad type of thing, but the drums sound bad here. i dont like to say things that are blatantly negative, but please change them lol

sorry if it seems im tearing your piece apart, ive grown used to progressive metal and rock, and few true prog songs sound alike. youre not a bad writer (ive heard soooo much worse lol). just keep at it man!

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
Angelicc

Yo, no worries about critiquing lol, it's why I put it up.

Just to clarify, I am no means a drummer or have any knowledge about it, I just sort of punch in some numbers and try and fill out my noise that I've created. If you could add in some sort of your idea for what drums for that would be better I am totally open to that to the solo part at 55. Just so I sort of know what to build towards in the future!
Angelicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelicc
Yo, no worries about critiquing lol, it's why I put it up.

Just to clarify, I am no means a drummer or have any knowledge about it, I just sort of punch in some numbers and try and fill out my noise that I've created. If you could add in some sort of your idea for what drums for that would be better I am totally open to that to the solo part at 55. Just so I sort of know what to build towards in the future!

yeah sure. when i get the time, ill dabble with some drums for it

very funny

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
Kafiolet
Blondy Service

Yoyoyo !

I've listened to the hole piece, I have to say I love the riff starting on the 6th bar. Then on bars 45 and more you put it again (and that is nice), and add another lead that makes it really epic BUT the drums don't follow, and I think it would be nice if you made them "free" (which means, make them follow a classic 4/4 pattern, maybe with double kick, open charleston and snare on the 2d and 4th times).

I liked the solo, I do not find I sounds like the other leads you have made... The drums behind are indeed quite weak but they respect the idea of a slow and kind of emotional solo so I don't think they would need that much work (at least, not as much as the part I was speaking of before).

On the hole thing I have to say your drums definetly need some improvement, though there are some nice riffs. Keep it up man, you have the creativity, you just need some more "drumcomposing" skills ;P

(if you wanna C4C : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1615822 ... but I'm not forcing you at all, cuz it's a very long piece... even if the 95th bar could make you see what I mean by "freeing the drums")

Last edited by Kafiolet : 10-04-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Kafiolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
Dregen
andy, you're a star

i messed around with the drum parts at the intro and the drums/guitars at the tempo change for a bit, just for shits and giggles... may not be exactly to your taste, but you can tweak/build on it as you like, or alternatively you could just botch it.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 SongAfterMidterms.gp5 (42.4 KB, 22 views)
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
Zaqq

I liked it, but not the whole thing. Bars 11-22 sound really generic, it's the weakest part IMO. 45 and till the end is really awesome, it has an epic vibe which I adore.
Zaqq is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: