Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-28-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
harleyquin

Blues and Rock Riffing/Soloing. How to get there?

Hi everyone,

I would just like to say how grateful I am for any help I can get! So thank you in advance. I am really wanting to learn how to just riff at will in the styles of rock and or blues. I understand that scales(pentatonic especially) are the way to riffing and soloing, but am unable to find a good place to learn scales. I like Marty Schwartz for those of you who know him, and the stuff he does is the stuff I am trying to learn! Though there is so much unorganized stuff of his and most of it is for complete beginners.

So I am basically just wondering if anybody knows of some good dvds or videos where I can learn my scales.

I would also like to put a note in that I'm not in any way new to playing guitar. I've been playing since 5th grade(now 20), and learn most everything by ear. I also know how to read music from my days of playing coronet. Though I never learned my scales!
harleyquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
Blahman179

I found this on StumbleUpon a while ago:

http://www.guitarhabits.com/the-5-p...-you-must-know/

There,'s a video and some tabs underneath.

It's neat because they highlight the important notes in red.

Epiphone Les Paul Special 1 with P90 pickups; swapped neck out for a Peavey Raptor Plus.

Alvarez Dreadnaught RD6

Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Blahman179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
Junior#1
Is SouTaicho Yamamoto-san

There are thousands of resources to look at. For theory, few are better than www.musictheory.net. Take a look there. And there are also plenty of lessons here on UG. Just click on the lessons tab at the top of the page.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Junior#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
omnilux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior#1
There are thousands of resources to look at. For theory, few are better than www.musictheory.net. Take a look there. And there are also plenty of lessons here on UG. Just click on the lessons tab at the top of the page.

Wow, I've been looking for a website like this.

Thanks Junior
omnilux is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: