Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Bass Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #101
Ziphoblat
Hazardous

I just took the strings off my 2009 German-made Corvette standard and half of the nut came off in my hand.

When putting the second part of the nut back on, it sits this high:

Doesn't look right to me. Gently pushing the top of the nut reveals no give it all, and I don't want to push hard and break anything. Is the idea that the strings will push the top part of the nut down once I put them on and wind them up? I just want to check I'm not doing anything wrong before I break something.

Cheers

EDIT: It's a JAN III, for reference.

Last edited by Ziphoblat : 04-30-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Ziphoblat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #102
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

It should just fit together like Lego, and then you adjust the allen screws to change the nut height. Have you tried loosening the allen screws?

Deliriumbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #103
Ziphoblat
Hazardous

If I push on it firmly it remains at exactly the same height shown in the photograph, it doesn't want to go any further than that. I could try using the allen screws, but the set-up was perfect before, I don't want to mess with it unless I have to.

EDIT: I just gave up and took your advice... the screws were actually protruding all the way through the bottom side of the nut almost as far as they could go, not sure why... got the nut to fit back on now. Cheers.

Last edited by Ziphoblat : 04-30-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Ziphoblat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #104
Ziphoblat
Hazardous

And now during putting the first string on the other part of the nut fell off the bass too, as if it wasn't even glued down... wonderful D:
Old 04-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #105
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

So glad I got a brass original JAN, even with it's own inherent issues

Deliriumbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #106
WarwickOfficial

Ziphoblat,

A couple small drops of super glue should keep your graphite nut in place. Just use two small drops, one on each side of the nut. Call us, at the NY Warwick/Framus Custom Shop if you've got any questions - (212) 777 6990.

Best,
Jesse, Warwick USA
WarwickOfficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #107
AreaMan
(:D)

Hey all. I've lurked for a while and now finally am in need of some advice as to what my new bass should be, specifically pertaining to the purchase of a new Warwick.

I'm in love with the warwick pro-series 5 string. I've read enough reviews about it to be hopeful of it playing extremely well (being a lefty it's difficult to come by chances at playing a warwick).

I currently play a MIM jazz bass and was hoping to get some support as to my upgrade (obviously being the warwick). Amp of choice at the moment is an ampeg BA115 1x15. Warm fat tones are my friends.

Is purchasing the warwick pro series in my best interest?!
AreaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #108
WarwickOfficial

AreaMan,

Thanks for your interest in the Pro Series Warwicks, they are truly some of the most well-crafted instruments Warwick produces. Which model are you considering?

We have quite a few Artist and Pro Series basses in our NY shop--the tone and playability of these instruments are incredible. I can assure you from playing them myself that they have all of those sonic and tactile qualities German Warwick basses are well known for, but at a much reduced cost.

If you'd prefer to consult with a Warwick representative, give us a call at our shop (212) 777 6990 and we'll be happy to assist you with the finer details of your new bass.

All the best,
Jesse, Warwick USA
WarwickOfficial is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: