Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
guky667

Blocked tabs ?! WTF ?!

Hi, I'm from Romania and I'm pissed as hell, why are some tabs, like Stairway to heaven blocked because of the country I'm living in ? It isn't like I'm from another planet, or something :| the only thing I can do with those tabs is to learn a frickin' song. I know I can search for the tabs elsewhere, but I'm very disappointed in the fact that you block tabs because of the country.. that's racist :| or something...
guky667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
slashfan226

I have it blocked and I'm from the UK.
Apparently every tab online is going to be pulled in the near future.
slashfan226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
ne14t

Its not racist its to prevent them from hitting legal snafu's and getting shut down. Copyright laws and all, it sucks but thats the way it goes, best bet would be to get yourself a copy of Guitar Pro and snag a friend on this side that can send ya packages of tabs now and then.
ne14t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
wyldething
Is A Good Thing

Like ne14t said, it's not because UG hates you for being Romanian. It has to do with the property rights of the songs, which include tabs. EVERYONE has certain tabs blocked for them, not just you.
wyldething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:55 AM   #5
JurikAler

I thought tabs here are for educational purposes, not for commercial use. There is no profit for people who transcribe songs! I can't wait enough to get sued for some tabs I posted here.
JurikAler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:17 AM   #6
whoomit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurikAler
I thought tabs here are for educational purposes, not for commercial use. There is no profit for people who transcribe songs! I can't wait enough to get sued for some tabs I posted here.

Yeah, there's no profit for the transcribers, but the people who use the tabs then don't spend money on the official tab books.

Use a proxy server.

Rate This Thread: