Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-01-2013, 01:16 AM   #1
Guitar_Geezer
Banned

Check out my new baritone! Thoughts?

My new Jericho Guitar just got here! These guys are a new manufacturer out of Vancouver, BC they make only baritone guitars, they are brand new, i just got mine and its AWESOME to play! What you guys think of its looks?

27" scale, ebony board, seymour duncan pickups, grover tuners, 3 piece maple neck (supposed to be stable)

Guitar_Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:01 AM   #2
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Not a fan of how the neck joins the body

Do a review or this thread will be locked.

HNGD !

Edit: the control pots and switches look al funky. Why is the selector at such an angle?

Last edited by R45VT : 05-01-2013 at 02:03 AM.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:05 AM   #3
Guitar_Geezer
Banned

the neck actually goes like a tone block underneath the pickups and is super sturdy, the 3 piece maple neck is so sturdy when i throw it around and play i hardly lose tunings when im in drop A, its an amazing guitar! is that a reivew? me thinks
Old 05-01-2013, 02:19 AM   #4
greeny23
Mechromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar_Geezer
the neck actually goes like a tone block underneath the pickups and is super sturdy, the 3 piece maple neck is so sturdy when i throw it around and play i hardly lose tunings when im in drop A, its an amazing guitar! is that a reivew? me thinks

its a pretty piss poor review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock05
would a pedalboard make my rc20xl loop station sound better? the playback on this thing sucks with batteries and the power supply.
greeny23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:26 AM   #5
Offworld92
One among the fence.

I think the guitar looks really cool. I agree that the heel is designed very poorly, but... if it works for you?

HNGD!

Epiphone Firebird VII
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Peavey USA Predator
Line 6 Pod HD500X
VHT Special 6 Ultra
Pedulz
Offworld92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:38 AM   #6
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny23
its a pretty piss poor review.

+1 (even though greeny is trolling).

its something new, i haven't seen one before yours, its not like reviewing a MIM strat which is always the same.

how is the fretwork? fret ends? are the electronics clean? how does it balance? nose dive? etc. how would you compare this to similar guitars (ibanezs' ltd's schecters, etc).
MESA TREM-O-VERB
MESA MKIV...

Ibanez Prestiges
Gibsons
and Wolfgangs

WTLT
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:45 AM   #7
Wesbanez
Registered Abuser

Sweet guitar dude!

But yeah, for such a unique guitar, a review longer than 3 sentences would probably be a good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offworld92
I agree that the heel is designed very poorly

You should call PRS, they use this heel design on 4k guitars, the fools
Wesbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:04 AM   #8
Offworld92
One among the fence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesbanez
You should call PRS, they use this heel design on 4k guitars, the fools

Fender uses block heels on guitars that cost just as much, doesn't mean it's a good design.

Epiphone Firebird VII
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Peavey USA Predator
Line 6 Pod HD500X
VHT Special 6 Ultra
Pedulz
Offworld92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #9
Guitar_Geezer
Banned

sorry dudes, im not a reviewer im just a player who got a sweet new guitar and got excited to share it on the forums. this is kinda the reason i havent posted in the 3 years ive been a member haha, someone always has to knock someone else lol. anyhow no worries, the guy at jericho said the heel design is more of a neck construction thing, the neckwood goes all the way into the body underneath the pickups and so the stability stays there at the joint the extra wood at the joint helps it from bowing. again, im no reviewer i was more hoping one of you had a jericho, would say they love the sound etc. it has seymour duncan full shred pickups in it so you can imagine it RIPS I love it
Old 05-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #10
Wesbanez
Registered Abuser

Quote:
someone always has to knock someone else lol.

Have you used the Internet before?!
Wesbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #11
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Quote:
sorry dudes, im not a reviewer im just a player who got a sweet new guitar and got excited to share it on the forums. this is kinda the reason i havent posted in the 3 years ive been a member haha, someone always has to knock someone else lol. anyhow no worries, the guy at jericho said the heel design is more of a neck construction thing, the neckwood goes all the way into the body underneath the pickups and so the stability stays there at the joint the extra wood at the joint helps it from bowing. again, im no reviewer i was more hoping one of you had a jericho, would say they love the sound etc. it has seymour duncan full shred pickups in it so you can imagine it RIPS I love it

So you bought it and wanted us to validate your purchase?

The neck joint just looks silly. I don't doubt it continues into the body at all. The controls bug me as I stated before.

Not trying to put it down, just being honest.

And it is the Internet.... Always have a flame suit on in any forum.

Glad you like it and shred away!
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #12
Guitar_Geezer
Banned

I think the heel joint is the style from the prs custom 22, a tried and true design i think it looks classy and expensive! Yea i bought it, got excited and posted about it online to see if anyone else had the same wow factor as i did. It comes very neatly packaged and protected and yea, i guess the reason anyone has guitar forums to post on is they validate one anothers suspicions/excitements about their guitars and share things. The controls are much like the godin icon series controls, really fast and comfortable, you should try maneuvering a set, its quite nice. Sorry about the no formatting on my typing, im oldschool and i have difficulties giving a shit when if i just type with no filter and you still understand me, im cool with that, but ill give it a shot.

ahhh

feels good

so, to answer trashedlostfdup, ive played a lot of schecters, and they are not my style. They look pretty at first, then you take a closer look and its ugly as hell, no passion in those instruments whatsoever.

Ibanez, quite possibly its like an old ibanez, very strong and well balanced guitars. if you hold it by the cutaway and rest it on your hand it will balance on it for a few seconds before wanting to head bodyfirst into the ground, so its totally perfect for throwing around on stage

Electronics are clean i guess, not a lot of noise, they are alnico seymour duncan full shreds, so they got some noise, but nothing crazy that you wouldn't expect from a high output baritone. These pickups are awesome cause you can adjust the pole pieces independently from one another so if you are rocking out at practice and you want your low A string to be strong, you can just roll it up a bit and it sticks out like a sore thumb its amazing, i can be at really low volumes and still be heard its got a very distint sound with a full band, cuts through amazing.

Fretwork is awesome i think, havent had a guitar with brutal fretwork before ive been lucky, some of my friends have some busted up fretwork, they are all popping out and making notes fretout over time, i havent ever had that and i have bought like 20 guitars in my lifetime so far, been lucky. The board isnt bound, its ebony wood and the fret ends or whatever are sunk into the edges a bit, finish overtop of the sides of the board and the black paint stops at the edge to mimic binding but you see the wood grain where the binding would be, kind of like an old fender but the radius is flatter than a gibson, but rounder than an ibanez so its really really fast without being thin necked and cheap looking.

I dont know what to compare it to, it feels like a custom guitar? like a mix between a gibby and an ibanez kindof, feels american, or canadian or whatever. Not a lick of binding on the whole instrument, very clean and to the point.

I just weighted it, its 6.8 pounds

Ok trolls, was this a good review? i even pressed "enter" for you guys and conformed like a nice forum-goer!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #13
Robbgnarly

Nice guitar, but the first thing I see is PRS silhouette, an yes mine had a horrible neck heal but I sent it to Ed Roman 05 to have the heal shaved.

yes I know he was a tool, but he was very good at what he did
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #14
evmac
Baroness Lover

HNGD!

Time to break down the walls
evmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #15
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son

Neat looking axe. Don't think I have ever actually played the Full-Shreds, definitely want to.

Gear:
Randall RM100 (Recto, KH2 and XTC modules)
Gibson SG Faded
Fender "Foto-flame" Stratocaster
Ovation Balladeer (12-string)
dementiacaptain is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: