Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
SixStringSting

Kramer Guitar Pacer Classic Vs Kramer Striker 211

Hi
I need opinions, about these two guitars , witch one to buy whats the diference? Is it Worth? I want some king of hard rock sound , like guns, aerosmith etc...
They both are built with the same wood Mahogany Body, Maple Neck
SixStringSting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

the striker is a more modern style of guitar- recessed trem, 24 frets, more modern paintjob, the pacer is a more 80s throwback type of guitar- non-recessed trem, 22 frets, bright 80s-style paintjob.

I haven't tried either, so That's just on paper.

er....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.
Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
4FunandProphet
Not actually a prophet...

The Classic is built like the early "beak" headstock Pacer Imperials, though they're mahogany vs. the alder, ash, or maple of the originals. The Striker is based off the late 80's Strikers and Pacers with the PC2 " Dinky" style body, direct mount SSH pickups, recessed route, "pointy droopy" headstock, etc, and has 24 frets vs the original Kramer 22. They have taken to marketing the Strikers as being higher end than the Pacer, which is funny when you consider that the Strikers were bottom of the line in the 80's. My suggestion would be to get an 80's Kramer F2000 or F3000, or perhaps an actual Pacer ( if you want to spend the money) and get real MIJ quality with a real OFR for what you would spend on one of the Gibson Kramer MIK guitars.
4FunandProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

What's your budget pal?

1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
SixStringSting

My budget is 300 ,

They are so cheap http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Ele...er-Classic.aspx

Theres some others more expencive, about 550 just because they are Maple body, and seymour duncan pickups.

Whats the diference between mahogony body and maple body?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

Don't be looking at buying a new one.

Keep an eye out for an old used one, I know of a guy who got a bright pink Kramer Barreta for about 250 which was one of the best shredy guitars I have ever played.

The Gibson reissue things aren't really very good or worth the cash to be honest.

1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
4FunandProphet
Not actually a prophet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 1.0
Don't be looking at buying a new one.

Keep an eye out for an old used one, I know of a guy who got a bright pink Kramer Barreta for about 250 which was one of the best shredy guitars I have ever played.

The Gibson reissue things aren't really very good or worth the cash to be honest.

My point exactly. The reissues/knockoffs aren't worth it when the originals can be had for the same cost.
4FunandProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:49 PM   #8
SixStringSting

Hi, just let you know i just got a Kramer Striker Custom FR-424CM http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...electric-guitar

I'm very happy with it, execpt pickups, they suck. Changed bridge to a seymour duncan sh6B.

Still thinking of buying a kramer pacer, love this guitars.
Whats the diference between mahogony body, and maple body?
mahogony kramer pacer is half price , than maple

just look:

Kramer Guitars Pacer Vintage OB Tiger

Kramer Guitars Pacer Vintage E-Guitar, Maple Body, bolt on Maple thomann Neck, Maple Fretboard, Dot Inlays, 22 Frets, Scale 648mm, Bridge: Seymor Duncan JB Humbucker, Neck: Seymor Duncan JN Humbucker, 2 Volume controls (Push-Pull), 3-Way Mini Toggle, Floyd Rose Tremolo, Finish Orange Burst Tiger Graphic

Kramer Guitars Pacer Classic PW

Kramer Guitars Pacer Classic PW E-Guitar, Mahogany Neck, Maple Neck, Maple thomann Fretboard, 22 Frets, Scale 648mm, 2 Humbucker Pickups, Licensed Floyd Rose Tremolo, 2x Volume and 1 Tonecontrol, 3 way Switch, Finish Pearl White

I think just the diference is the body and pickups, what i mean is: Can I get almost the same sound , on both guitars?
Old 09-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

mahogany should be a bit warmer than maple. but you can get bogged down in the specs, i wouldn't worry overly about it. Both should sound like a superstrat, just the maple one should be a bit brighter and the mahogany a bit warmer/darker.

It's entirely possible that the dearer one is made better, too- I haven't tried either, but in some instances dearer guitars are made better, it's not just the specs that are different. That's not always the case, though, in some other cases it's the same guitar just with upgraded pickups etc.

er....

Quote:
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #10
SixStringSting

Look this video , can anyone tell the difference? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sP_...hare_video_user
Old 11-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #11
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

yeah they didn't sound that dissimilar the tone zone is a pretty dark and compressed pickup, the stock one was maybe slightly brighter, but at that level of gain things tend to darken and compress anyway so that's not helping.

pretty sweet playing in that vid

er....

Quote:

Rate This Thread: