Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #421
tyler937

so im looking at doing abit of guitar tracking (just to give it a go) and also want to use my pc for amp modulations however im a tiny bit stuck!

i need something that will allow me to plug the guitar into the pc but i dont wanna spend lots of money (on a budget).

i have found these two items on the web at a relative price but im not sure if it will do the job?

http://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Behringer-Xenyx-502-Mixer/6PE?origin=product-ads&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_campaign=PLA+Behringer&utm_content=3N3biTfM|dc_pcrid_32000125759_plid__kw ord__match__

http://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and...-Gear4music/SIZ

i notice that the both have xlr inputs and 1/4" jack inputs which is why i ask.

Thanks in advance

Ibanez MTM2 Emg 60-81
Engl Blackmore
Harley Benton212
Boss Ns2
Nady VHF Wireless

Band
Go Check out my local band i play in
https://www.facebook.com/Crowsreign
tyler937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:50 PM   #422
MatrixClaw
UG God

^How exactly are you planning to get the sound into your computer? Neither one has an actual digital interface, they're just cheap mixers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
MatrixClaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:57 PM   #423
tyler937

thats what i wanted to know as i said i havemt got a clue anbout any of this!
Engl Blackmore
Harley Benton212
Boss Ns2
Nady VHF Wireless

Band
Go Check out my local band i play in
https://www.facebook.com/Crowsreign
tyler937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #424
GaryBillington
Grumpier than normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler937
thats what i wanted to know as i said i havemt got a clue anbout any of this!

Did you read the advice on the first page of this thread? It will tell you what you need to know.
Laney VC30 2x10 combo + 1x12 extension cab
GaryBillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #425
sync00

I have a good analog mixer that was designed to be used with the type of soundcard that used to be popular for recording. Does anyone still make a product that is designed just for digitizing?

I only need to digitize one channel at a time.
sync00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #426
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sync00
I have a good analog mixer that was designed to be used with the type of soundcard that used to be popular for recording. Does anyone still make a product that is designed just for digitizing?

I only need to digitize one channel at a time.

If you're only recording one channel at a time, you don't need a mixer.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:55 PM   #427
sync00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
If you're only recording one channel at a time, you don't need a mixer.

Yeah, I know. But I have a mixer and I figure it has everything the Focusrite 2i4 has and more. Except for the digitizer. So I want to see if I can just get a digitizer.
sync00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:04 AM   #428
norarow

In the information era, people’s life is filled with hustles and bustles. Sometimes we just want a quiet environment to enjoy ourselves. Then you may need this cell phone jammer with the function of jamming radio signals masking for acoustic interference against listening devices.
norarow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #429
Envinyatar1987

Good times! My Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 arrived earlier this week!

Since this forum seems to be short on people saying that the Scarlett 2i4 is an incredible machine with superb pre-amps, smooth plug and play usability and anything you could possibly want out of a usb audio interface as a (demanding) starter:

The Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 is an incredible machine with... well... suppose I made my point (and many happy Scarletteers with me). Hoping my comment helps future buyers to make a well-informed decision, based on the experiences of this lovely community.
Envinyatar1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #430
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sync00
Yeah, I know. But I have a mixer and I figure it has everything the Focusrite 2i4 has and more. Except for the digitizer. So I want to see if I can just get a digitizer.

It's not that simple. The "digitizer" is the whole interface. That is what the interface does. It digitizes things. You need nothing else. Adding a mixer in front of it will do nothing but create unnecessary noise. You don't need a mixer to begin with, just get an interface.
Old Today, 04:19 PM   #431
tehbadgr

hey

i tried to post a separate thread but i only got 2 replies of which had no meaning to me, hopefully you can help.

I recently got recommended the t bone mb75, the shure sm57 copy, for what i want to do - record my guitar for personal enjoyment at home. I didn't want to splash out lots of money. This mic had mixed reviews, but when i listened to a sound test, it didn't sound that bad at all. So have any of you had any experience with it? Yay or ney?

Also, the interface. Again, i didn't want to splash out lots of money. I was looking for usb interfaces, when i came across the Lexicon Alpha. It's got one mic input, an instrument input, and some other things, with headphone support for monitoring, aswell as gain controls etc. This has everything i need, and it is only £50! It also comes with Cubase Software! So again, has anyone have any experience with it? Yay or Ney?

Many thanks
Luke
tehbadgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:39 PM   #432
MatrixClaw
UG God

Hey Luke,

Those Lexicon units have a pretty bad reputation. While I have no experience with them personally, there's a reason why our suggestions for interfaces with mic preamps in this thread don't start any lower than the $200 range. Generally, everything below this mark either has terrible preamps, subpar conversion or glitchy audio drivers and support.

Will it do the job? Probably. Will it be something you'll keep a long time? Not likely.

As far as the t.bone pedal goes - they're not available in the US, as far as I'm aware, so I've not had the chance to try any of their gear. They seem to get a lot of praise on the internet, though, when you consider how cheap they are. I'm not sure if they're available in the UK - but GLS makes the ES-57, which I own 3 of (and 4 SM57s), and I actually prefer the GLS mics on many sources... and they cost less than 1/3 the price of the Shures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
MatrixClaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:01 PM   #433
tehbadgr

Thanks for the reply

yeah, the t bone is available in the uk, but the gls es-57 isn't available in the uk tho. That interface, from various videos it l=actually looks quite good
tehbadgr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: