Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-31-2013, 04:15 AM   #1
LyingUnderOath

Question Helpful Ways To sound better screaming

Okay, I'm new at all of this. I just started my band and we have yet to sound right. My screams aren't very good, and my partner in screams cant scream in keys. Any tips on how to fix this?
LyingUnderOath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
Duce180

I would first recommend that you learn proper singing technique first if you haven't already. Then I would recommend a program like Zen Of Screaming, which bands like Underoath learned to scream from.
Duce180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
merriman44

Zen of screaming is a waste of time. Zen 2 is better but still mostly a worthless vocal warm up exercise. Youtube or the growling thread is a much better bet.

Being able to sing is helpful but absolutely not necessary. Also this thread can be closed as the OP posted in the growling thread.
merriman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
Doveri

Always practice on an O vowel, such as 'yo'. and keep your voice light and in your upper register.

Screams should happen in your nose, and they start small and slowly grow. trying to use full power in the voice will never work. Don't dip down to your chest voice, because that will cause you to push, always scream in the nose.

Last edited by Doveri : 04-11-2013 at 01:36 AM.
Doveri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
RedChaos

As a screamer myself I am telling you that zen of screaming does not teach you anything that actually entails execution of a scream.
I do not know if your doing false chord or fry but for false chord you need to back up all your screams with proper breath support and be able to push.
As for fry you absolutely do not want to scream from your throat or you will most likely hurt yourself.
Fry is very delicate when it comes to your vocal chords.
Both techniques are extensive and I use both.
Check out the screaming thread it's very helpful for anyone
RedChaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: