Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
sillytele

Home on The Grange "Good Times, Bad Times"

Hi Y'all;

I am new here but have used the Tab Pro App for some time.
Here is a cover version of Zeps "Good Times Bad Times " we did the other day. Our band is Home on the Grange. 3 piece from Texas.
Hope you enjoy.
sillytele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
mjones1992

Nice cover man. Very good all around. There was only one thing that bothered me about it.

In the original Zep recording, the solo hits you like a freight train. I felt like that was sort of missing in this one. It might be the tone, the production, or just the way it was played but it just didn't seem to hit the same way. It wasn't bad, don't get me wrong. I'm just a hard core zeppelin nut being nit picky.
mjones1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
sillytele

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones1992
Nice cover man. Very good all around. There was only one thing that bothered me about it.

In the original Zep recording, the solo hits you like a freight train. I felt like that was sort of missing in this one. It might be the tone, the production, or just the way it was played but it just didn't seem to hit the same way. It wasn't bad, don't get me wrong. I'm just a hard core zeppelin nut being nit picky.

Thanks for the input. I know what you mean about the solo, I played it on my '56 Goldtop with P-90's. Should have used a Tele, but..... in my younger days I would have played a little more Pagey and frantic (which I love about him). As I've gotten older I tend to lay out a little. I will do another Zep song with more treble in your face and cowbell..
Cheers
sillytele is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: