Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Today, 01:28 PM   #16481
DamienEx1021

If your 760 GTX a stock card or did it come with a fitted fan assembly? I took a look online and your temperatures are reading about 12C higher than many others running similar setups. It might be a heating issue and that would be my first guess. It could be nothing though because my card gets up to mid 60's C all the time and works just fine. Do you have a lot of case fans to help with air flow and have you dusted the inside?

And another big question, how old is the card? Did this start happening recently? Did you make any hardware changes?

EDIT: Just did some more reading, 67C really shouldn't be an issue at all. But it never hurts to answer all the stuff I just talked about anyway.

Last edited by DamienEx1021 : Today at 01:30 PM.
DamienEx1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:45 PM   #16482
institutions
i ply base

Idk I think it has built in fans. It's this.
show

Other than the fan on my cpu heatsink, I have a 120mm fan up near the motherboard and a large fan in the front of the case, on the opposite site of the hard drive enclosures from everything else. Whatever came stock with the Cooler Master Storm Enforcer case
show

It's not very old of a card and I don't think dust would be an issue; I bought the card in Feb. and only just built the PC last Thursday.

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list!
institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:47 PM   #16483
DamienEx1021

When did you start using the card, back in feb or when you built it the other day?
Old Today, 03:47 PM   #16484
institutions
i ply base

When I built the PC last week. I left it in the box until then.

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list!
Old Today, 04:34 PM   #16485
DamienEx1021

Then you might have a defective card. I can't really think of anything else unless someone thinks that those temperatures are enough to justify the visual problems being described.

Anyone else have any thoughts? I mean the voltages look good, temperature isn't TOO high, and everything else is brand new as well.

Only other thing it might be would be the monitor. Is the monitor new as well or do you have another monitor to test it against?
Old Today, 04:44 PM   #16486
uziyourillusion
cemetary gates

That temp isnt high at all, the'yre rated for well over 90c. I have two 760s in SLI, they rarely go over 65ish, but when playing something super demanding like Crysis 3 they will go into the lower 70s. Never had an issue with artifacts. I'd try removing every trace of the drivers and try reinstalling. Try even to reseat the card as well. I remember when my card came loose on my other computer the desktop started artifact hardcore. If all else fails, then its probably defective and you should RMA. Evga have amazing customer service though, so you shouldnt have any trouble with them.
Don't try to reach me, 'cause I'd tear up your mind
I've seen the future and I've left it behind
uziyourillusion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:50 PM   #16487
DamienEx1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by uziyourillusion
That temp isnt high at all,

Thanks for the confirmation there. I haven't had an nvidia card since my dual 9800 GTX+ system.
Old Today, 05:12 PM   #16488
Gaz_m2k5
How appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4thHorsemen
I'm thinking maybe having the base clock at 160 instead of 133 might be causing the overheating more than the total speed since when I tried it at 160 x17 instead of x18 it was still running hot (in fact it was running even hotter than x18, which I don't understand). And I think for the RAM multiplier the only options were auto, x6, x8, and x10, there wasn't an option for x12 and I don't remember seeing a way to put in my own number.

I don't really see anything about calculating RAM speed and timings, so I guess I'll try doing it this way http://www.masterslair.com/tighteni...ory-ram-timings
just lowering the timings one at a time and running memtest86 to see if it's stable... I'm feeling like all this won't really make much difference in performance anyways, but what the hell, I'll try it out.

Yeah I guess setting the FSB higher would overclock the Uncore and QPI which could easily send your temps up. For my i7 920 machine the Uncore needs to be 2x the memory clock, and I think at one point I did infact have it on the wrong setting and my temps were quite high, so you may have something similar.

There's a bit about clock intervals there, you would just multiply the time in nanoseconds by the CAS latency.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/arti...-Memories/167/4

RAGEMUSEBLOCPARTYFEEDERQOTSA
SOUND CITY PLAYERS - HMV FORUM 19/02/13
Gaz_m2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:24 PM   #16489
institutions
i ply base

Hmm. My monitor isn't too old; two or three years, I think. Didn't artifact at all with my old PC, and I also use it as my TV (i'm still a single monitor user ) and it doesn't artifact with my cable box nor my PS3.
I do have another monitor in my house I can try though, so i'll do that tomorrow, as well as maybe connecting VGA/DVI to see if it's a problem just with HDMI.
Thanks for the help though :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by uziyourillusion
That temp isnt high at all, the'yre rated for well over 90c. I have two 760s in SLI, they rarely go over 65ish, but when playing something super demanding like Crysis 3 they will go into the lower 70s. Never had an issue with artifacts. I'd try removing every trace of the drivers and try reinstalling. Try even to reseat the card as well. I remember when my card came loose on my other computer the desktop started artifact hardcore. If all else fails, then its probably defective and you should RMA. Evga have amazing customer service though, so you shouldnt have any trouble with them.

Good to hear :p
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers a few times to no avail.
I'll try taking the card out and putting it back in tomorrow, and if it doesn't work i'll try and get a replacement I guess
Thanks.

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list!
Old Today, 05:44 PM   #16490
DamienEx1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions
I do have another monitor in my house I can try though

Good to hear :p
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers a few times to no avail.
I'll try taking the card out and putting it back in tomorrow, and if it doesn't work i'll try and get a replacement I guess
Thanks.

Testing another monitor would only confirm what you implied, it is the graphics card and not the monitor.

And it might not be enough to uninstall the drivers, you need to find where the drivers are being saved and wiped them off your computer including any old versions to test that, but from everything you are saying and what the other guy said, it is likely something else in the card. Re seating it would be the only other option, but realistically, you might want to get the RMA process going.

Rate This Thread: