Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM   #45161
Samdroid
#Cenation

Every morning I wake up and I'm not Paul Heyman. Life is disappointing.

ヾ(´༎ຶ۝༎ຶ)ノ"

Samdroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM   #45162
Wormholes
See you on the other side

Quote:
We noted before that an Evolution vs. The Shield War Games was being speculated on but that no arenas between now and SummerSlam would be able to accommodate a two-ring set up for the match. It turns out that the Tampa Bay Times Forum in Tampa, site of this year's Battleground event, is big enough for a War Games setup.

yes.
Wormholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM   #45163
Cadj
#EatSleepBreakTheStreak

This match has everything that I love about pro wrestling. 2 great wrestlers having a fun match in a dingy piece of shit building in a ring that looks like it was put together for £20 in front of like 50 people, most of them kids who probably forced their parents into seeing the "american wrestling" as was likely written on the poster with "TNA STAR DOUG WILLIAMS" plastered all over it.

Magic. It doesn't get any better than this.
Cadj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #45164
Cadj
#EatSleepBreakTheStreak

Quote:
ROH & NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING PRESENT: GLOBAL WARS
SATURDAY, MAY 10TH, 2014
TED REEVE ARENA - TORONTO, ON CANADA

**MATCHES BROUGHT TO YOU BY NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING**

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Jado

The Bullet Club (“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles & “Machine Gun” Karl Anderson) vs IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada & Gedo

Takaaki Watanabe vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (IWGP Heavyweight Title Contender)

IWGP JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - 3-WAY TAG TEAM MATCH
Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) vs. Time Splitters (KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley) vs. Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) (c)

**On 5/3 in Fukuoka, Japan The Young Bucks will defend the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships against Forever Hooligans. The winners of that match will defending their championships in this three way contest.

**MATCHES BROUGHT TO YOU BY RING OF HONOR WRESTLING**

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Adam Cole defends against “Mr Wrestling” Kevin Steen

ROH TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP - 4 CORNER SURVIVAL
Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Matt Taven vs. “Last Real Man” Silas Young

What a fucking shitty C level card. Those New Japan matches are the type of things you see on the house show circuit in front of 500 people at some arena in the middle of nowhere. Hopefully the NYC show is better than this.
Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM   #45165
fm20000
REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadj
What a fucking shitty C level card. Those New Japan matches are the type of things you see on the house show circuit in front of 500 people at some arena in the middle of nowhere. Hopefully the NYC show is better than this.

NJPW really ****ed ROH and the fans with this card man... People bought tickets expecting supercards and giant matches. I hope the NYC show is way better, but **** them for the shitty Toronto show
fm20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM   #45166
Cadj
#EatSleepBreakTheStreak

Quote:
ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Winner of Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen from GLOBAL WARS (ROH) vs. Jushin “Thunder” Liger (NJPW)

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (ROH)
**5/3 in Fukuoka, Japan Kazuchika Okada defends the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against AJ Styles. The winner of that match will defend against Michael Elgin on May 17th

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Champions: The Young Bucks (Bullet Club) vs. reDRagon (ROH)

IWGP WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Champions: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (Bullet Club) vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (ROH)

ROH WORLD TV CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion: Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini (ROH) vs. KUSHIDA (NJPW)

Shinsuke Nakamura (NJPW) vs. Kevin Steen or Adam Cole (ROH)

Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW) vs. Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis (ROH)

Okay card. Tanahashi/Bennett is an interesting choice. Ugh at Elgin/Okada or even worse, Elgin/Styles though. Gallows/Anderson vs Briscoes should be good as it hopefully wont have Bullet Club shit all over it, Nakamura vs Steen/Cole all depends on individual performances. The rest I don't really have interest in although Lethal/KUSHIDA might shock and be good.
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM   #45167
fm20000
REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I really like the NYC show. Everything I wanted basically. Every match could be anywhere on the card and I love that.

I could see Okada vs AJ vs Elgin end up happening since neither will have a match if the other loses
Old Today, 04:50 AM   #45168
Cadj
#EatSleepBreakTheStreak

It wont be a 3 way, they still have a list of guys who are on the show but don't have matches yet, including Okada/AJ depending on who wins in Japan.

I'm really looking forward to Tanahashi/Bennett though. Bennett has gotten really good the last year or so and currently has my #2 indy MOTY for this year with his match against Mark Briscoe so I expect him to work against Tanahashi well.

Plus the overreaction to the match announcement is hilarious. I can't wait for the reaction from people when the match is good, I assume almost everyone will say it's because of Tanahashi.
Old Today, 08:45 AM   #45169
fm20000
REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadj
It wont be a 3 way, they still have a list of guys who are on the show but don't have matches yet, including Okada/AJ depending on who wins in Japan.

I'm really looking forward to Tanahashi/Bennett though. Bennett has gotten really good the last year or so and currently has my #2 indy MOTY for this year with his match against Mark Briscoe so I expect him to work against Tanahashi well.

Plus the overreaction to the match announcement is hilarious. I can't wait for the reaction from people when the match is good, I assume almost everyone will say it's because of Tanahashi.

If they were doing more than two shows and Tanahashi wasn't in that random tag night one I wouldn't care. They were promoting him as a marquee guy for supposed supershows though, and Mike Bennett really isn't a top guy to make the fans happy. I get it, but in a situation like this you should only be booking stuff fans would get really hyped over. If they would have done Bennett/Liger and the ROH champion on night 2 faces Tanahashi instead, people wouldn't have been complaining at all. I still think it'll be good though and I KNOW it will be fun live strictly for the reaction to Bennett. Can't wait to go to this
Old Today, 02:25 PM   #45170
Villearreal92
UG's Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormholes
yes.

As much as i'd love to see a War Games match in WWE, i doubt they'll do it. They already have the Elimination Chamber. Plus, it's a WCW match and WWE shuns anything WCW because it's generally terrible. It starts with War Games, and then next thing you know we'll have a Vickie Guerrerro on a Pole match
Originally Posted by SkepsisMetal
Well Taz is just full ******
I think you'll find that the more acceptable term is "australian"

Funniest Exchange i've read on UG

I would have consensual relations with Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Call me Dean or Vill
Villearreal92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:30 PM   #45171
Cadj
#EatSleepBreakTheStreak

Watching some stuff today.

I watched Gangrel vs Jerry Lawler from March in Memphis and it was built around "Gangrel is trying to kill Lawler by going after his heart and he even brought out a doctor to ringside just in case he did kill him". It is the best match I have ever seen with Gangrel in it.

Also watching Main Event and I'm telling you, Sheamus vs Titus O'Neil is GREAT and should be watched immediately. Slugfest with really good power spots from Titus, maybe the best ever Titus performance.
Old Today, 06:59 PM   #45172
Cianyx
dip i dip u dip dip i dip

wargames will be a cluster**** and boring.

Last edited by Cianyx : Today at 07:02 PM.
Cianyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:00 PM   #45173
ichiefG13

Stunner!!!

Rate This Thread: