User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-09-2015, 02:37 PM   #20261
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthsband
I have a question about carbs in terms of veggies. I log my food in the Lose It app on my phone and yesterday I ended the day with a lot of carbs. Here's what I ended up with:

Fat = 31g (17%)
Carbs = 181g (45%)
Proteion= 154g (38%)
breakfast - subway 6" flatbread w/white egg+bacon+cheese+veggies and a chocolate milk (I shouldn't have had the milk but had a chocolate craving for the past few days)
lunch - au bon pain Thai Peanut Chicken Salad + breadstick
dinner - chicken, small potato, broccoli, mixed veggies

I know I shouldn't have had the milk and probably the potato too, but those veggies added another 20+ carbs too. Vegetables are complex carbs but do they still "count" in terms of eating a lot of carbs in one day? So say I eat 200g of carbs in a day but it was literally ALL vegetables....is that still considered bad?

You would have to eat an insane amount of vegtables to get all your carbs from vegetables. You should still count the veggies, but but it's better to eat them even if it will bump up your carbs a bit.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:37 PM   #20262
Ablast

So many different articles about core-training, it's a damn mine field. One article says "crunches and sit ups are bad- do planks", another says "sit ups and crunches aren't bad, planks are overrated". So I'm just gonna stick with sit ups, knee raises, pallov presses and planks.

Until I can build up the strength to do proper L-sits and dragonflags
Ablast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:35 PM   #20263
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

Don't do sit ups, they literally do jack shit for you. Leg/knee raises and planks are the way to go.

Not going to the gym until this Friday, have way too much shit to get done.

Also, my back is hella sore from 10x5 squats @ 265lbs all last week
Old 04-13-2015, 06:46 PM   #20264
angusfan16
butts

Hanging leg raise/ab wheel

Edit: V those too

Last edited by angusfan16 : 04-13-2015 at 06:56 PM.
angusfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:51 PM   #20265
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

Front levers
Old 04-19-2015, 10:16 AM   #20266
Academy AMPM
Banned

Hello Guys!

The best method of workouts for guitarists, amateurs or professional All style, rock, jazz, blues, country, fusión, etc. FOR ONLY 0,99$
Over 80 exercises The real gym to stay in shape.
Book + Audio Tracks
Design by Pablo Mendoza - Director of Academy AMPM

Pablo Mendoza is a renowned professor at suramerica apart from being a soloist who played with Paul Gilbert and Joe Satriani has a band called Backhand where listed Dutch masters , American and Venezuelan their instruments , the singer is Phil Naro who was voice of Peter Criss, Talas with Billy Sheehan, and just work with the son of John Lennon and Bryan May of Queen , we are talking about a guitarist who is in the major leagues.

LINK= http://www.pablomendoza.com/rutinas/index.html

His Academy:
http://www.academiademusica.pablomendoza.com

His Web
http://www.pablomendoza.com
Academy AMPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #20267
angusfan16
butts

The swole is strong in this one
Old 04-19-2015, 05:50 PM   #20268
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
The swole is strong in this one

lol

This week is 245lbs 5x5 on bench, hopefully I can do it. I did a 5x3 on Friday and that was easy enough. My back has been fucking killing me though, so I wasn't able to squat at all last week.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:39 PM   #20269
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

Must be bad back season lol, I worked out on Saturday for the first time in almost a month because of doing something to my back. After a few days last week testing lower back with pull-ups to see if there was any pain, yesterday I just tried lower weight of all sorts to get back into things and hopefully ease into a few movements to hopefully reduce any pain from first proper workout or two.

Did some squats up to 70kg 1x5, bench up to 60kg 1x5, OHP @35kg 1x5, a load of dips, pull-ups, push-ups, bicep/hammer curls, tricep extensions... basically trying to do some of everything other than deadlift and bent over rows, to see if back handled it all and feeling good today other than left shoulder/pec area is a bit sore.

Will potentially start 5x5 again tomorrow a bit lighter, as long as things feel good. Pumped to actually be working out again at all, given I felt like my back was broken little over a week ago
Old 04-19-2015, 07:08 PM   #20270
Banjocal
feck

Considering taking up krav maga and getting fit and such. anyone have any experience with it? There's a centre for teaching it near where I live, and other combative arts like Judo never really got intense enough to break up a sweat.
Banjocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:09 PM   #20271
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

When you squat, make sure to move your hips forward in the movement, rather than just pushing with your legs and back. I messed up my back in December due to bad form and its really never went away since then.

Apparently there's a chiropractor like 6 blocks away from me, so I'm gonna schedule an appointment this week and see if I can't get whatever's bothering me fixed.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:17 PM   #20272
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Is Brutal
When you squat, make sure to move your hips forward in the movement, rather than just pushing with your legs and back. I messed up my back in December due to bad form and its really never went away since then.

Apparently there's a chiropractor like 6 blocks away from me, so I'm gonna schedule an appointment this week and see if I can't get whatever's bothering me fixed.

Tbh, think it was bad deadlift form that did it so gonna drop weight right down with that and really focus on form, with a mirror and filming it etc. Possibly squatting not quite ideally made lower back tired and hadn't rested enough that week though, but will be focusing on not ignoring any warning signs in lower back in future, and also building a stronger core.

As last doctor I saw, when I hurt back last Feb, was useless and didn't really tell me much, I'm having to go by educated internet research of symptoms but I suspect last year when I was bed-bound for a bit and had mild sciatica, that I herniated a inter-vertebral disc, and that it ruptured again a few weeks back but not quite as bad (still got some leg pain but not like last time). Could also just be muscles in the area being inflamed and putting pressure on nerves coming off spinal cord, that affect legs too.

If it comes back again, will ask GP to refer me to a physio as then I can see a physio without having to pay their huge fees, and get some expert advice. Fingers crossed I've learned any lessons though and can work on preventing it in future.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:19 PM   #20273
Ablast

Back at the weights tomorrow, took a break and I am pumped to start lifting again
Old 04-19-2015, 10:22 PM   #20274
Ablast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjocal
Considering taking up krav maga and getting fit and such. anyone have any experience with it? There's a centre for teaching it near where I live, and other combative arts like Judo never really got intense enough to break up a sweat.

My ex used to take krav maga, she liked it and would usually be completely burnt out whenever I'd pick her up afterwards
Old 04-20-2015, 02:54 AM   #20275
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

My diet has pretty much fallen apart the last few weeks due to friends' birthdays and having a busted oven at home. Gonna start being more strict with what I eat starting tomorrow though. AKA no more nachos and beers after work.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:27 AM   #20276
angusfan16
butts

I could go for some nachos and woodchuck right now (Even tho it's breakfast time).

I just got my diet back in decent shape the past couple weeks. Limited my fast food back down to one meal a week, and like I thought, I was over on my calories most days with my meals. Still sitting around 165 lbs thankfully. If it wasn't for all this running I'm doing now I'd prob be up 175 and still pushing.

Downside is I'm back to a diet of nothing but oats and eggs, bison and steak. Erryday

Last edited by angusfan16 : 04-20-2015 at 08:29 AM.
angusfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:38 AM   #20277
Ablast

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
I could go for some nachos and woodchuck right now (Even tho it's breakfast time).

I just got my diet back in decent shape the past couple weeks. Limited my fast food back down to one meal a week, and like I thought, I was over on my calories most days with my meals. Still sitting around 165 lbs thankfully. If it wasn't for all this running I'm doing now I'd prob be up 175 and still pushing.

Downside is I'm back to a diet of nothing but oats and eggs, bison and steak. Erryday

I live next to this place with some of the best Chinese food I've ever had, it sucks because it's only $4 for about an entire days worth of calories; so good though. I'm limiting my visits to once every week or two.

I did some Kettlebell swings this morning, tried to complete 100 full swings as fast as possible, and it took me around 4:25
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM   #20278
sk8byf8bob
sk8byf8bob

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...9fe&oe=55E4B573

Just sharing some progress. 3 years between the left and right.
sk8byf8bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM   #20279
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8byf8bob
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...9fe&oe=55E4B573

Just sharing some progress. 3 years between the left and right.

That's impressive.
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM   #20280
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

noice

Rate This Thread: