User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM   #2881
Jilson324
Registered Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzaw
If Bob was infected....did he just **** Sasha up by kissing her at the church? At the very least that'd be very irresponsible from him.

Maybe he was just going through depression (he is an alcoholic after all)
, and the writers are trying to fool us by making us think he might be bitten.

See I was thinking something kind of along those lines too. I was thinking more in the sense that he's afraid of the future now that he's got Sasha, he's actually got something to lose.
Jilson324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM   #2882
jakesmellspoo
Pervert

if you don't mind me chiming in about a few things concerning this Bob character, i'm pretty sure Kirkman said there isn't any walker/zombie virus transmitted through bites. it's more like their mouths are full of bacteria from being rotting corpses. possibly some kind of super e coli and other shit.
It was my first day at a cardboard factory. They told me to remove my piercing. I refused and got sent home with full payment. So my shortest job was 20 minutes.
jakesmellspoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM   #2883
MetalMullet

Wtf are you guys talkin' about? I thought it was clear that everybody got the "zombie virus" and they turn when they die. Where does this new theory of infection come from? What did I miss? The show surely hasn't implied any of that in the recent episodes.
Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM   #2884
EndTheRapture51
Feminism ruined The Pit

Since pretty early in the show it's been obvious that if you get bitten by a zombie, you will die, so zombie bites are fatal. Implied to be from the zombie virus. Andrea's sister died and turned from an infected bite, and when Hershall got his leg bitten they had to amputate quickly to prevent him from turning.

#FREENEO #FREETROWZAA #FREEPHIL
EndTheRapture51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM   #2885
Baby Joel
Sorry for ruining UG :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesmellspoo
if you don't mind me chiming in about a few things concerning this Bob character, i'm pretty sure Kirkman said there isn't any walker/zombie virus transmitted through bites. it's more like their mouths are full of bacteria from being rotting corpses. possibly some kind of super e coli and other shit.

if you can find me a source for this, I'm very interested.
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM   #2886
jakesmellspoo
Pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joel

i can try, but i think it was from a Q&A at the back of one of the comics and looking through 100 or so issues might take me a while.
It was my first day at a cardboard factory. They told me to remove my piercing. I refused and got sent home with full payment. So my shortest job was 20 minutes.
Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM   #2887
Baby Joel
Sorry for ruining UG :(

no worries, it's no rush. Just interesting stuff
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #2888
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joel

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/18/w...kman-hounded/2/

Kirkman must be taking meth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Since pretty early in the show it's been obvious that if you get bitten by a zombie, you will die, so zombie bites are fatal. Implied to be from the zombie virus. Andrea's sister died and turned from an infected bite, and when Hershall got his leg bitten they had to amputate quickly to prevent him from turning.

Andrea's sister died because her neck got torn apart
gonzaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM   #2889
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

So, back to my "characters are stupid" theory. Here is one place where it kind of shows:

So, the general theory is that what kills you is resistant bacteria or parasites in zombies' mouth. People say this is most likely because they eat rotten corpses all day, are dead so don't have a working immune system to keep infections they themselves have at bay (which would be transmitted by saliva), and stuff like that. So if you see a rotten decaying zombie and he bites you, you have to assume he just injected you with 1 million different types of deadly bacteria....

....so what about Andrea?
Andrea got bit by Milton. Now, I assume Milton brushes his teeth, or at least takes a mouthwash with water and/or alcohol or something. So while Milton's mouth (while being alive) might still be dirty, I doubt it has a festering colony of deadly bacteria on it. So, The Gov' puts Andrea and Milton in a locked room and kills Milton. Milton dies, turns and bites Andrea. Andrea wrecks Milton afterwards.
So wouldn't the "infection" Milton deal to Andrea with his bite, be the same "infection" he could have dealt to her any day if he bit her while being alive?
I.e, Milton's bite wasn't deadly because of the infection itself.

Granted, the gash he left was kind of bad, and she was there for quite a while and was getting weaker. But based on the above, couldn't they have tried to treat her wounds and give her some medicine at least? They were at Woodbury, which I presume had at least some kind of medicine (people were living there for quite a while). But no, Andrea just resigns to her fate and kills herself.

Yes, maybe she would still have died.....but damn woman, at least try to fight a little bit for your life. You don't see the Gov' punching Rick, and then Rick instantly going "Oh no! He punched me and I'm bleeding! Surely I'm going to die, better kill myself".

The alternative is that the bite from any ALIVE human is ENOUGH to kill anyone too
show

That ....is an interesting fact to have >_>
We even have Rick training his "deadly bite" skills with Joe and stuff. I tell you, biting your human enemies to death will be the future of post-apocalyptic warfare.

P.S: Though, to not make Andrea's character completely stupid, you could make it so that the virus speeds up the development of bacteria in the mouth to an exponential degree. So from the time Milton died, until the time he bit Andrea, the virus had enough time to develop super deadly bacteria and stuff in Milton's body, mouth and saliva to kill Andrea with any possible bite.
But this still seems implausible, the period of time between Milton's death and him biting Andrea is pretty small.
Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM   #2890
jakesmellspoo
Pervert

the changes made in the show screw up the zombie bite thing quite a bit.

i just look at it as poor writing like all the other issues i have with the show.

also, i don't think a virus can expedite development of bacteria that quickly. i think the whole bacterial bites thing really has more to do with the rotting corpse aspect more than anything.

i think they killed Andrea because they wrote her as such a dumb, shitty character and no one wanted her around anymore.
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #2891
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesmellspoo
the changes made in the show screw up the zombie bite thing quite a bit.

i just look at it as poor writing like all the other issues i have with the show.

also, i don't think a virus can expedite development of bacteria that quickly. i think the whole bacterial bites thing really has more to do with the rotting corpse aspect more than anything.

i think they killed Andrea because they wrote her as such a dumb, shitty character and no one wanted her around anymore.

If that's the case....then how did the "zombification" initially spread?
When the first cases of zombie getting resurrected (where they've died by natural causes), those zombies were super clean and shit, i.e not the "rotten corpses" we see since the moment Rick wakes up from his comma (which was like 1 month or 2 weeks or something?).

So how did those initial zombies kill enough people to "convert" them? Simple bites on the shoulder and stuff wouldn't cut it, since they aren't "rotten" enough to infect people with deadly diseases. They'd have to straight up kill people directly by going down on them an eating them like they do now.....but then they'd be eating them (so the now-dead dude would either be completely devoured, or be a half-eaten zombie who can't even stand up). Zombies also spend some time eating other people, so this gives regular joes ample opportunity to get the **** out of there and let police handle stuff.

But meh, that is just overthinking it I suppose. They can always just say "Oh well, at the same time the virus was released there was a severe H1N1 flu outbreak in the world which killed lots of people, and those were the ones that turned to zombies almost instantly, not giving the rest of the population time to react"
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #2892
bdof

You do tend to overthink things. No offense, but I skip evey post you make that's more than 4 lines. Both here and the GoT thread.
bdof is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: