Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #101
MatthewKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Nice one man, oh you got me good

Incidentally: either I'm 14 or I've had posters on my wall since 1983, get your story straight dude.

No, I really thought you were fourteen, seriously, but it turns out you are a grown man with the emotional maturity of a 14 year old. Who knew. From the looks of your bedroom, and the rainbow name on your door - cute - I'd say that you have many years ahead of you in that room, trolling people with "theory" you cut and pasted from Wikipedia, planning that big festival you've been planning: SUCKFESTTROLLCOPALOOZA
MatthewKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #102
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewKane
No, I really thought you were fourteen, seriously, but it turns out you are a grown man with the emotional maturity of a 14 year old. Who knew. From the looks of your bedroom, and the rainbow name on your door - cute - I'd say that you have many years ahead of you in that room, trolling people with "theory" you cut and pasted from Wikipedia, planning that big festival you've been planning: SUCKFESTTROLLCOPALOOZA

... 'nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Foo
A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.

Zaphod_Beeblebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #103
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.

Quote:
Actually, since there is a feature length film being made about all this, and this post has generated over 1000 views - more than any other post posted on the same day - I'd say you are statistically wrong about no one caring. You have zero understanding of the necessity of the modes, and the shapes associated with those modes. They are different scales - literally - and if you knew how to apply those different scales you might understand why they are necessary. Also, stop spamming the forum with unsolicited links. Trolltron Cop 3000 might get a boner and have to flag you.

As far as yours or anyone else's opinion of me. I don't give a ****. I reaaallly don't give a ****, at all. You can clearly see that.

*I also know why they haven't banned me.

Do you even know what modes were? They were used in pre 17th century music before keys were "invented." Yes, they are scales. But I have never though them as positions on fretboard. That's just unnecessary. Which mode you are using only depends on THE HARMONY. You could play E minor scale over G major progression and you would still be playing in G major. Do you know what's the difference between E minor and G major? (besides the "position" if you want to say that E minor can only be played in one position, which is completely wrong. I also play trumpet and there are no scale positions in trumpet. You can play scale in different octaves without changing the scale.)

Also what's wrong with that link. It's a video of a song somebody could argue being modal. That was an example related to the topic.

Do you know that now you are insulting me? You are making your situation worse all the time. Seems like I'm the only one here talking about the original subject. You don't post about your personal life here. This is wrong forum. And really people aren't interested to hear about your personal life. You'll see that by reading their posts. There's a lot of sarcasm in them.

I don't have an opinion of you. You are just talking about a wrong thing in a wrong forum, that's all.

You don't need to attack people, you can calm down and talk about stuff, there's no need to get mad.

I mean, I understand the different scale shapes but why do you have to call them mode names when you can just call them positions of G major.

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Digitech RP355
MXR Micro Chorus
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Hartke HyDrive 210c

Last edited by MaggaraMarine : 12-02-2012 at 08:12 AM.
MaggaraMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #104
Hail
kill both bass players

can we archive this thread

please
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #105
steven seagull
not really a seagull

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
steven seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #106
z4twenny
UG's resident Psychopath

Location: there ain't no doubt in my mind, i'm gonna stomp all over your test of time.
Quote:
Please take your little 3 weeks on the street story and stick straight up your ass. You know nothing of real suffering. You don't know what it's like to stare at your guitar that you used to be able ****ing shred and not be able to play it because your hands don't work correctly. You can keep attacking me all you want but all you keep doing is making assumptions that turn out to be deeply wrong.

Actually I think my assumptions have been pretty dead on, you keep proving my point. I haven't had to tell you to stick anything anywhere and to further make the point - you're only on the street because you're choosing to be there. If you're really disabled and living on limited monthly income there are places for you, you're making the choice to not use them, that's not homeless, that's camping. I think you're a disingenuous douche, I haven't wanted to state it as such until now as I wanted it to be blindingly obvious. And I hope you donate all the money your film generates back to the homeless community you're exploiting to "become famous"

Oh and 5 months, that's how long I was homeless, not 3 weeks.
Cover of the NIN classic Head like a hole.

Last edited by z4twenny : 12-02-2012 at 12:11 PM.
z4twenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #107
amonamarthmetal

Quote:
but it turns out you are a grown man with the emotional maturity of a 14 year old.

My closing statement is...

You're a ****ing hypocrite. L2logic. Next time your in an argument, try not to use something against people that you brought on yourself.

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #108
macashmack
Maskcashmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail
can we archive this thread

please

I'm printing it out so I can jerk off to it later.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #109
MatthewKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggaraMarine
Do you even know what modes were? They were used in pre 17th century music before keys were "invented." Yes, they are scales. But I have never though them as positions on fretboard. That's just unnecessary. Which mode you are using only depends on THE HARMONY. You could play E minor scale over G major progression and you would still be playing in G major. Do you know what's the difference between E minor and G major? (besides the "position" if you want to say that E minor can only be played in one position, which is completely wrong. I also play trumpet and there are no scale positions in trumpet. You can play scale in different octaves without changing the scale.)

Also what's wrong with that link. It's a video of a song somebody could argue being modal. That was an example related to the topic.

Do you know that now you are insulting me? You are making your situation worse all the time. Seems like I'm the only one here talking about the original subject. You don't post about your personal life here. This is wrong forum. And really people aren't interested to hear about your personal life. You'll see that by reading their posts. There's a lot of sarcasm in them.

I don't have an opinion of you. You are just talking about a wrong thing in a wrong forum, that's all.

You don't need to attack people, you can calm down and talk about stuff, there's no need to get mad.

I mean, I understand the different scale shapes but why do you have to call them mode names when you can just call them positions of G major.

First, I want to state that there are almost 7 billion people on this planet. That five of you would think that your *opinion* would constitute a statistical majority on ANY is pretty amusing. I can go back to my own fan sites, totaling 1,600 fans, and immediately discredit anything you say by pointing out that I can make the same statements there and no less than 10 people will immediately support me thus making your opinions of me a statistical minority.

Second, I find all of you to be missing the key thing needed to truly understand the mechanics of the modes: playing ability. To me book knowledge has no value unless one can actually apply it in real world situations. If the opposite were true when people who are studying to be physicians finished their education they would not be required to do long residencies to help them understand how to apply the knowledge they have learned. Rather, the knowledge itself has no value in reality. An M.D. without a residency has absolutely no value other than to be used to obtain the previously stated residency. It's almost as if you guys think that reading books on subjects makes you an authority. It doesn't. It makes you someone who has read books.

While books have value - most certainly - as supplemental resources for real world experiences if you don't have the real world experience your book knowledge has very little value.

Third, to the guy who keep picking at my homelessness - if people reading have not noticed - what you are doing is picking at personal situation to get me to respond thus allowing other users to discredit what I am saying because I am talking off topic conversation. This is how you guys operate. It's a good tactic. Guys gets me to go off topic, then rest of users criticize me for going off topic. It's a classic forum bullying technique which I have witness multiple times in forums. He is bating me, claiming that after I was robbed in May, and ended up legitimately homeless that I was somehow choosing to be in that situation. He assumes that I have access to services which do not - in fact - exist, or when they do exist I am disqualified for various reasons.

Fourth, what you guys read as me needing to "calm down" is understandable. I can type just as fast as I can play the guitar. I'm pretty most of you fit that bill. I have an ability to express myself in complex responses, at 100 wpm. People that are uneducated often mistake these abilities as some sort of emotional uprising simply because if they were to attempt to deliver similar responses it would take a large amount of effort. You are supplanting your own subjective reality on me assuming that I am somehow like you. I'm not. I'm glad I'm not.

Fifth, and returning the the first point about statistics, there are 2,000,000 users on this site, the five people who have chosen to forum bully me doesn't constitute a statistical majority, and in statistical terms doesn't even qualify as a minority. Your responses would be considered an anomaly in the data. That being said, I find these anomalous responses to come from people who are heartless, compassionless, and lacking in the base level of humanity to understand what it is that I am doing with my life. My behaviors, the selflessness with which I live my life is is alien to you.

Your lack of a human soul - which comes out in your playing, particularly Zaph's emotionless and futile attempts to solo - is very apparent in your responses.

In closing, just on principle you are going to disagree with everything I say because you are one thing, and one thing alone: Butthurt. This thread will close, we will go about our lives, you will continue to sit in your bedroom starved for an audience, reading book on theory to do nothing to improve your actual playing ability, and I will go back out into the real world, with a real career, an audience, and the ability to apply all of theory that you guys *think* you know.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #110
jazz_rock_feel
Banned

jazz_rock_feel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #111
Fourfourforever

Yea I am with z4twenny ur a big douche
Fourfourforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #112
MatthewKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4twenny
Actually I think my assumptions have been pretty dead on, you keep proving my point. I haven't had to tell you to stick anything anywhere and to further make the point - you're only on the street because you're choosing to be there. If you're really disabled and living on limited monthly income there are places for you, you're making the choice to not use them, that's not homeless, that's camping. I think you're a disingenuous douche, I haven't wanted to state it as such until now as I wanted it to be blindingly obvious. And I hope you donate all the money your film generates back to the homeless community you're exploiting to "become famous"

Oh and 5 months, that's how long I was homeless, not 3 weeks.

5 months? I was homeless for 4 of the last 6 years of my life while partially paralyzed. I am releasing the film for free. I do not, and did not, have access to those social services because I was stranded half way across the country when I was homeless.

You are also suggesting that as an employed homeless person that I give up everything I worked for and become a sponge on social services, which I refuse to do. Maybe your solution is to suck off the tit of the federal government, but I refuse to do so. The money I am collecting is money I previously paid in to the system. For you, a non disabled person there was no reason for you to be homeless for 5 months. You could have went to a shelter, and within 30 days you would have been placed into transitional housing programs not available to people on disability. I laugh when I meet people like you who accuse me of exploiting homeless people when there are NO shots of other homeless people in the film. I wish you had the balls to share your real name because I would love to re-print your statement for the film.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #113
amonamarthmetal

Quote:
I suffer from severe ******ation.

You weren't kidding when you said you were ******ed.

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #114
MatthewKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourfourforever
Yea I am with z4twenny ur a big douche

And you are a soulless, living piece of human shit. I guess we all have a place in life, don't we?
Old 12-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #115
MatthewKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingamer2
The NW is a big place.

Yes it is, that is why I filmed in ALL of the states and most of the majors cities in the pacific north west.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #116
jazz_rock_feel
Banned

Why is this thread still open? This shit is completely crazy.
jazz_rock_feel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #117
MatthewKane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_rock_feel
Why is this thread still open? This shit is completely crazy.

The thread is open for one reason alone: defamation. There is more going here behind the scenes that I have shared. A couple of of the comments made towards me from a certain user are verbatim re-prints of the words of a party I am filing a defamation suit against in federal court. This argument was manufactured and I'm not going to name the responsible party but he is most certainly being added as a party in the suit.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #118
Nietsche
Registered Hoover

Quote:
The thread is open for one reason alone: defamation. There is more going here behind the scenes that I have shared. A couple of of the comments made towards me from a certain user are verbatim re-prints of the words of a party I am filing a defamation suit against in federal court. This argument was manufactured and I'm not going to name the responsible party but he is most certainly being added as a party in the suit.

Oh my God this keeps getting better.

My statement before this thread closes is that this is the single best thread in the recent history of MT.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #119
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie

Ok it's Aussie morning time. Time to kill the thread.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: