Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
zackk

keeping time

I'm not sure if this is the correct place, but I recently noticed that I find it rather difficult to sing in time if I'm not playing a guitar. I recently tried it and it was quite disastrous. Is this common? Also, what is a good way to fix this? If I'm playing guitar, I can sing with almost no problem. Even if the guitar part is rather complicated, I do better when I'm playing. It doesn't really make any sense to me. Could someone shed some light on this for me?
zackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
scguitarking927
Time for a revolution

I'm the same way. I think it's because you know where the words fit in correlation to the notes youre playing on the guitar. Just kind of syncs up easily without thinking too much about it. I'll say I'm "hesitant" when I just sing with no guitar, i'll come in just a little to early/too late even if I'm tapping my foot or listening for the other instrument cues.

Music Blog
Follow me on Twitter
scguitarking927 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: