Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
twisted-pixel

new guy arrived

Hi Folks,

having just moved to the US from the UK, I'm thinking about getting a guitar again...well, actually I AM getting one.

I used to have a couple back in the UK (acoustic and a gorgeous Wine Red Les Paul Custom) and despite never being able to play very well (lack of time available to devote to practise) I'm sad that I sold them but it wasn't practical to ship them over here.

I'm getting a simple acoustic (electro-accoustic as I like the option) and when I first picked up a guitar years ago I had a program called tabit. This really helped me as I didn't have to try and learn a song, someone had already tabbed it out for me. All I had to do was download the file and all done. I could then learn at my own speed. This program seems a bit behind the times now with not many updates.

so, I'm hoping for an alternative. I know I can get tabs and program them in myself, but I was just wondering if there was a program that had the functionality where tabs were in a file I simply loaded.

thanks all....can't wait to be strumming away and feeling like I'm actually playing music
twisted-pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

Guitar Pro is the a common program used by many people on this board in the "Tabs & Chords" section. A free alternative would be TuxGuitar which can open Guitar Pro files.

Welcome to UG!
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
twisted-pixel

Thanks, I downloaded the trial (looks very complicated)...what I haven't found, yet, is a site that has tabs that I can import.

as an example...I picked Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi..

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/ for guitar pro? all been removed
my songbook? only has one song for Bon Jovi
gprotab.net - can't access anything after a search (site crashes)

so maybe I'm looking for the wrong thing?
twisted-pixel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: