Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-21-2014, 11:19 PM   #14041
JustRooster
Organ Donor

Haven't tried the Eve, but I can tell you that for about the same price, the Earthquaker Hummingbird is rather good.

What compressors do you guys run / recommend? I'm running an Aguilar TLC right now because I got it super cheap, but it's meant for bass and I'm looking for something to add a bit extra shimmer, if you will.

BUCKY

Last edited by JustRooster : 11-21-2014 at 11:25 PM.
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:58 AM   #14042
T7E
All smiles :)

Diamond
Pigtronix philosophers tone
bearfoot evergreen
Chasebliss Audio Warped Vinyl
Diamond Compressor
Smallsound/Bigsound Buzzz
Strymon EL Capistan
Barwatt Rocket 30w
T7E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:37 AM   #14043
Tombe
Post-Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRooster
Haven't tried the Eve, but I can tell you that for about the same price, the Earthquaker Hummingbird is rather good.

I have looked at the Hummingbird but doesn't seem like the sort of sound I'm after, I'm looking for a more vintage throbby tremolo than a hard choppy one.

FUZZY FLATPICKER σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Tombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #14044
T7E
All smiles :)

Mr black deluxe plus is really nice for the throbbs
my band mates is superb.
Chasebliss Audio Warped Vinyl
Diamond Compressor
Smallsound/Bigsound Buzzz
Strymon EL Capistan
Barwatt Rocket 30w
T7E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:07 AM   #14045
stradivari310
MOAR DELAY

Diamond comp ftw. Also I just bought a Fuzz Probe on reverb because I'm an asshole.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

post-hardcore/ambient band
ambient/drone project
dreampop/shoegaze band
Jazzmaster / Hellcat VI > Pedals > Sunn Model A
stradivari310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:41 PM   #14046
Tombe
Post-Rocker

You know Drill, the festival happening in Brighton with basically the best line-up ever? Well, my enthusiasm for it is waning dramatically. Seems like the organisers have decided to group together all the big-name bands, or all the bands that the same sort of people might like to see, and put them all on at the same time. On Friday night is a three-way clash between Savages, British Sea Power and Mono, three of the four bands I really wanted to see at the festival. Pretty much every other band I want to see clashes with someone else, and yet they lack a proper headliner for Saturday night and vast swathes of Saturday and Sunday are going by with nothing to do. Everything seems to be finishing at 10pm or thereabouts every night, apart from the 'afterparty' on Friday where the best they've managed to book is insipid shoegazers-by-numbers Toy. Swans' main set and their collaboration with Wire are both in one two-hour set. Given that Swans can regularly play for up to 3 hours it's going to be a severely curtailed set. And bear in mind this is in a city, not in a field. Getting between venues will involve either long walks or forking out for taxis.

Just goes to show that One Inch Badge, the promoters (who are universally reviled by Brighton-based musicians for their complete lack of support for the local scene) are a cheap-ass mafioso outfit and left all the organisation until the last minute. I'm half-expecting to see a Facebook post from them on the first day of the festival asking if any bands want a last-minute slot. I've a jolly good mind to write them a letter.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #14047
CL/\SH
Jesus Christ Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRooster

What compressors do you guys run / recommend? I'm running an Aguilar TLC right now because I got it super cheap, but it's meant for bass and I'm looking for something to add a bit extra shimmer, if you will.

I really want the Hummingbird. Would it be stupid to run the Hummingbird with a Diamond trem? I've read enough to discover the HB is kind of its own thing, super percussive and not like most tremolo pedals
Never listen to a singer's opinion on guitar gear. You may as well ask your cat.
CL/\SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #14048
ibanezguitars44

I bet two tremolos would sound sweet.

Also, the festival thing sucks. That's always my fear. All the bands I want to see playing at once haha

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ibanezguitars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #14049
Tombe
Post-Rocker

I know there's always going to be clashes but I think you can reasonably expect the main headliners to be on consecutive nights, not all on one night at the same time. And I think you can reasonably expect decent set lengths from the headliners, and for there to be stuff happening after the bands finish.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Old 11-25-2014, 05:01 PM   #14050
CL/\SH
Jesus Christ Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezguitars44
I bet two tremolos would sound sweet.

Yay
Never listen to a singer's opinion on guitar gear. You may as well ask your cat.
CL/\SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #14051
TheTransient
Brendan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombe
I've a jolly good mind to write them a letter.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Sensor Array σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
TheTransient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:04 PM   #14052
ibanezguitars44

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Old 11-25-2014, 09:05 PM   #14053
TheTransient
Brendan

I have had a few chances to test out the Boss DD7>MXR Carbon Copy>Neunaber Stereo Wet combo again, and its still sounds solid. I am not getting any tone suck or volume drop (things I have been very aware of lately). In fact I think my dry tone might be a little more spanky/sparkly with the Boss buffers in the chain, and it sounds good!

Still need to do a proper DD7 vs DD20, but straight off the bat the DD7 is working better for me

TONIGHT I GET TO USE MY SUNN BETA BASS AT PRACTICE!!!!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Sensor Array σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last edited by TheTransient : 11-25-2014 at 09:07 PM.
TheTransient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:52 AM   #14054
ibanezguitars44

I had that sa,e thought about my dd7. Seemed like the dry signal just had this extra hint of brightness. Subtle, but I thought it was a little different. Maybe I'm not crazy! Or we both are!

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Old Yesterday, 07:31 AM   #14055
Myshadow46_2
Join the pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombe
You know Drill, the festival happening in Brighton with basically the best line-up ever? Well, my enthusiasm for it is waning dramatically. Seems like the organisers have decided to group together all the big-name bands, or all the bands that the same sort of people might like to see, and put them all on at the same time. On Friday night is a three-way clash between Savages, British Sea Power and Mono, three of the four bands I really wanted to see at the festival. Pretty much every other band I want to see clashes with someone else, and yet they lack a proper headliner for Saturday night and vast swathes of Saturday and Sunday are going by with nothing to do. Everything seems to be finishing at 10pm or thereabouts every night, apart from the 'afterparty' on Friday where the best they've managed to book is insipid shoegazers-by-numbers Toy. Swans' main set and their collaboration with Wire are both in one two-hour set. Given that Swans can regularly play for up to 3 hours it's going to be a severely curtailed set. And bear in mind this is in a city, not in a field. Getting between venues will involve either long walks or forking out for taxis.

Just goes to show that One Inch Badge, the promoters (who are universally reviled by Brighton-based musicians for their complete lack of support for the local scene) are a cheap-ass mafioso outfit and left all the organisation until the last minute. I'm half-expecting to see a Facebook post from them on the first day of the festival asking if any bands want a last-minute slot. I've a jolly good mind to write them a letter.

If you do end up going try and see Monsters Build Mean Robots, although I am sure you'll have heard/seen them before. Love that band.

Another promoter to strike off the list. I am looking for Brighton based gigs. Got any recs for decent promoters down there?
Myshadow46_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM   #14056
Tombe
Post-Rocker

Sadly the one promoter I know who regularly put post-rock bands on has just stopped that particular night, but Lout and Melting Vinyl are two fairly big promoters who seem to treat bands with a bit of respect. Or you could try contacting venues direct - the Green Door Store and the Hope do their own promotion.

I saw Monsters Build Mean Robots many moons ago supporting iLiKETRAiNS and didn't think they were anything spectacular, but that was about 4 years ago so they've probably got a lot better since then...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #14057
Myshadow46_2
Join the pack.

Cheers, I'm in touch with Lout already. Well I am in touch with them, they haven't reciprocated!

I'll try the others too, thank you.

Subjective etc. etc. but MBMR were one of my ArcTanGent highlights this year. Although the two people I watched them with didn't think they were too special either. Maybe I need to sort my taste out! Ha.
Myshadow46_2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: